Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

duke of queens

J.A. Happ 2017 Outlook

Any word from the Jays on the extent of his injury? The silence usually is not a good sign. MRI was supposed to be yesterday.

I got a notification yesterday that the GM received 'good news' yesterday and he 'avoided a serious injury'.

From ESPN:

Happ was diagnosed Monday with inflammation in his left elbow and is expected to land on the 10-day disabled list, MLB Network Radio reports.
Spin: 
Considering Happ looked to be in considerable pain when the injury resulted in him leaving his start Sunday against the Orioles after 4.1 innings, his diagnosis amounts to good news for the Blue Jays, who aren't expecting the 34-year-old to miss extended time. However, the injury leaves the Blue Jays in quite a bind in the short term, as the team will be forced to delve into the minor-league ranks for spot starters for at least the Friday and Saturday games against the Angels with Happ and Aaron Sanchez (hand) set to miss their respective turns on those days. Among the rotation options at Triple-A Buffalo, T.J. House, Casey Lawrence and Mat Latos look like the leading candidates to receive promotions to the big leagues.

man, when he said he felt pulling in his elbow, and then he went out and kept pitching on it and it kept getting worse (J.A. WHAT ARE YOU DOING) i figured he was doomed

OnRoto has him listed as starting on Tuesday, 5/2 - anyone see anything about that?

Anyone seen anything recent?  Last update I can find is throwing from 90ft on flat ground on May 8th, but no team comments about how it went or any timeline.

1 hour ago, svdude said:

Anyone seen anything recent?  Last update I can find is throwing from 90ft on flat ground on May 8th, but no team comments about how it went or any timeline.

that's all anyone seems to have. it's weird, like, there haven't been any setbacks that anyone's heard about, yet he feels like he's drifting further and further into limbo. probably just the lack of news making it seem that way