Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DerrickHenrysCleats

Philadelphia Eagles 2017 Season Outlook

8 posts in this topic

I like Wentz as a late-round QB target considering he has Matthews-Jeffery-Ertz-Sproles at his disposal and, just based off his play last season as a rookie, his projected development in year two of this offense. Every year I swear I won't draft Alshon Jeffery, but maybe the change of scenery will do him some good. I guess it depends on when he's available. Matthews is another that I like on paper, but then I look at his stats from last season and wonder why I'd even consider drafting him now that he'll be competing for targets with Jeffery. Maybe the outside presence of Jeffery will open up things for Jordan in the slot? I don't know, and I'm not sure I want to pay to find out this season. But Wentz, yes, I think he'll be a late-round QB target of mine for sure. 

1 hour ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Joe Mixon is now off their draft board

Source?  Last I heard Roseman was still equivicating.   

8 hours ago, Felicia's Bye said:

Source?  Last I heard Roseman was still equivicating.   

Doesn't matter if there is a source. Could just as easily be a smokescreen so someone doesn't trade ahead of them in the second to grab him.

14 hours ago, mrblonde1984 said:

I like Wentz as a late-round QB target considering he has Matthews-Jeffery-Ertz-Sproles at his disposal and, just based off his play last season as a rookie, his projected development in year two of this offense. Every year I swear I won't draft Alshon Jeffery, but maybe the change of scenery will do him some good. I guess it depends on when he's available. Matthews is another that I like on paper, but then I look at his stats from last season and wonder why I'd even consider drafting him now that he'll be competing for targets with Jeffery. Maybe the outside presence of Jeffery will open up things for Jordan in the slot? I don't know, and I'm not sure I want to pay to find out this season. But Wentz, yes, I think he'll be a late-round QB target of mine for sure. 

Torrey Smith too.

I guess that pushes Matthews to the slot. 

1 person likes this

57 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Torrey Smith too.

I guess that pushes Matthews to the slot. 

Yup, I forgot about Torrey. A good deep threat to keep defenses honest.

Duplicate thread. Consolidate with the other Philly Eagles 2017 Outlook.

Not that any of you fans would care but I had a totally random meet up with Casey Matthews tonight. My little girl needed an upgrade for her aquarium which was over populated. Craigslist, like new 55 gal tank for.... $20. Dealing with a woman. Go to the sellers house. Gated community. Big a** house. Couple greets me by the garage. Guess they moved from a huge house in Minnesota and needed to unload excess stuff.  Husband is totally yoked decked out in University of Oregon gear. I mention how much I enjoyed watching the Ducks offense under Coach Kelly...."oh yea? I played LB for the Ducks". So from there I chatted it up with him and his wife for  about 10 minutes, watched their little boy totter around. They were totally cool. Had just moved out to Cali from Minnesota. He decided to retire and was looking for his next gig. Just a regular Joe now.  

Edited by pikerbkb
1 person likes this