Fort4242

Tevin Coleman 2017 Outlook

Is this guy just a lottery ticket if Devonta goes down? Would he be able to handle the bell cow role or is he just better suited to being second fiddle to Devonta and being more involved in the receiving game?

I'm just thinking he kind of reminds of Charles Sims who looked like a great player and passed the eye test as Doug Martin's backup in 2015, got the lead role in Tampa last year because of injury but didn't seize the role of bell cow and then got hurt himself... maybe some guys just shine when they're not the feature back, is that possibly the case with Coleman? or could he be a beast if given the opportunity?

40 minutes ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

Is this guy just a lottery ticket if Devonta goes down? Would he be able to handle the bell cow role or is he just better suited to being second fiddle to Devonta and being more involved in the receiving game?

I'm just thinking he kind of reminds of Charles Sims who looked like a great player and passed the eye test as Doug Martin's backup in 2015, got the lead role in Tampa last year because of injury but didn't seize the role of bell cow and then got hurt himself... maybe some guys just shine when they're not the feature back, is that possibly the case with Coleman? or could he be a beast if given the opportunity?

I'm a fan of Sims as well but Coleman is more talented/explosive. Coleman would be a solid RB1 if Freeman went down.

2 hours ago, jeffnsee said:

Quiet thread...I'm excited for Coleman this year. He gets alot of PPR love but he was able to finish as a solid RB2 last year in standard while missing 3 games. I love Coleman as a standard flex...he averaged a little over 10 touches per game last year which gives him a (relatively) high floor and of course a high ceiling with his TD potential.

If he repeats even 80% if last year, everyone will be happy. I don't know he will repeat last year, but he won't let people down.

14 minutes ago, The Cam's Pyjamas said:

Yes

Oh man. I really didn't do research. Drafted 2 sickle cell guys early. Fml

2 hours ago, marlin said:

Oh man. I really didn't do research. Drafted 2 sickle cell guys early. Fml

Let me guess was the other guy Montgomery?

Whats his outlook?

Rejected a trade offer for Gillislee before the game yesterday so hopefully Coleman comes through!

Finished as a top 20 PPR back last year despite not being the #1 back on his team. He has RB2 value in a PPR league, could skyrocket to RB1 if Freeman were to miss any time.

Almost 1,000 total yards with 11 TDs last year. In a new offense.

I think he's one of the highest upside handcuffs there is, and has some stand alone value but I don't think he'll repeat his numbers from last year, barring injury to Freeman. The offense will be worse overall this year without Shanahan.

1 minute ago, owenmills said:

I think he's one of the highest upside handcuffs there is, and has some stand alone value but I don't think he'll repeat his numbers from last year, barring injury to Freeman. The offense will be worse overall this year without Shanahan.

What kind of a player can he net in a trade? Or is he worth holding onto for a non Freeman owner?

2 minutes ago, Bahubali said:

What kind of a player can he net in a trade? Or is he worth holding onto for a non Freeman owner?

That's hard to answer, since it depends on overall intelligence of your leaguemates, league settings, roster makeup, etc.

I think he's a good hold.

Just now, owenmills said:

That's hard to answer, since it depends on overall intelligence of your leaguemates, league settings, roster makeup, etc.

I think he's a good hold.

Whats the story on sickle cell for him? Any issue on his outlook?

On 9/20/2017 at 5:43 AM, hype said:

A viable flex week-to-week I'd say

He is my RB2 after Leveon and i am doing fairly well 

Anyone using his this week against Miami?

Edited by phatrat
Cool Story removed.

Why not? Two weeks to prepare for Miami and he's had good standalone value. You could do worse this week at RB2 and especially flex.

Sure wish his positive TD regression would kick in. Otherwise he’s just a FLEX and an elite handcuff it seems. 

He looked so good in the first 4 weeks with limited touches, have to believe with Sanu out they worked on getting him more involved in the offense coming out of the bye.

This dude is so insanely productive on limited touches. I'd love to see what he could do if Freeman missed time and he was the lead back.

Rolling the 2 headed Atlanta backfield monster out there again and ROS, it worked last year and has been pretty effective this year with Freeman slotted in RB1 and TC as a very solid flex.

3 hours ago, dakimbell said:

Rolling the 2 headed Atlanta backfield monster out there again and ROS, it worked last year and has been pretty effective this year with Freeman slotted in RB1 and TC as a very solid flex.

I always feel dirty starting 2 RB's from the same team.