Fort4242

Tevin Coleman 2017 Outlook

2 hours ago, oban14 said:

I am not in PPR and Coleman is my RB2.  They will keep throwing to him.  

1 reception a game is not something to bank on.

His lack of usage in the passing game is what scares me. I dont know if that was due to him being the #1 back or there were signs before the Freeman injury.

I think it has everything to do with the OC.  Coleman in space leads to big plays, but in doing so, Sarkisian pretty much pulled the plug on those plays.

Coleman was always a solid flex last season and early this season due to his 8-10 carries & 3-4 catches per week. Now you are praying for a TD when Freeman is healthy because he does not get the receptions any more. He has become more of a handcuff now when Freeman is healthy. 

Gabriel and Coleman were used more last year which led to explosive plays. 

Edited by johnnyboy8102

Lets take a look at what some of the teams using dual backs have done vs MIN. Abdullah, Crowell and Gurley are the only ones to score TD's.

Mark Ingram (NO)

Alvin Kamara (NO)

Alex Collins (Bal)

Samaje Perine (Was)

On 11/30/2017 at 2:10 PM, affliction said:

Lets take a look at what some of the teams using dual backs have done vs MIN. Abdullah, Crowell and Gurley are the only ones to score TD's.

Mark Ingram (NO)

Alvin Kamara (NO)

Alex Collins (Bal)

Samaje Perine (Was)

To try and put a positive spin on this:

Ingram/Kamara of Week One were not Ingram/Kamara of Week Thirteen.

The closest comp here is Crowell/Johnson-- that's roughly what I think you can expect from Freeman/Coleman this week.  

Is TC worth a flex this Thursday against New Orleans?  Targeted 6 times in the passing game last week vs Minnesota, which is a sizeable uptick from his games as the starter.  Out snapped by Freeman 2-1, but the touches were about the same.

Edited by Debo

12 hours ago, Debo said:

Is TC worth a flex this Thursday against New Orleans?  Targeted 6 times in the passing game last week vs Minnesota, which is a sizeable uptick from his games as the starter.  Out snapped by Freeman 2-1, but the touches were about the same.

I'm having a hard time making a decision on him this week but it depends on your options. For me its Mike Davis or him. Coleman has the better matchup but Mike should get more touches and I always lean towards that. You just have to compare to what you have and plug who you feel more comfortable with.

The Falcons offense looks better when he starts. Not even sure if he has anything to do with it

Why's everyone so low on him this week? I mean CBS has him ranked 24th this week...and Jamaal Williams significantly higher. Not even sure why though, am I missing something? With Aaron Jones back, I just don't see how Williams continues to get 20+ touches. 

3 minutes ago, GurleyTHIRTY said:

Why's everyone so low on him this week? I mean CBS has him ranked 24th this week...and Jamaal Williams significantly higher. Not even sure why though, am I missing something? With Aaron Jones back, I just don't see how Williams continues to get 20+ touches. 

Coleman's too risky this week. He doesn't have the volume with Freeman in where you'd feel comfortable starting him. He may vulture a TD or rip off a long run as he's been prone to, but if he's not an RB2 for you, you're likely stuck FLEXing him, which you would not lock up on a Thursday before more developments come out later in the week. If you have no better options, throw him out there, but know he has a low floor. 

2 minutes ago, BigMoneyNoWhammy said:

Coleman's too risky this week. He doesn't have the volume with Freeman in where you'd feel comfortable starting him. He may vulture a TD or rip off a long run as he's been prone to, but if he's not an RB2 for you, you're likely stuck FLEXing him, which you would not lock up on a Thursday before more developments come out later in the week. If you have no better options, throw him out there, but know he has a low floor. 

Wasn't he a high end RB2 even with Freeman healthy? 

I think it’s too risky to play Coleman tonight, yes he’s awesome but he’s underutilized when Freeman is in the lineup. He may only get like 10 touches, the volume just isn’t there.

28 minutes ago, GurleyTHIRTY said:

Wasn't he a high end RB2 even with Freeman healthy? 

Depends on your league, but high end RB2 would be 12-16 range and I would say he's been more of a week to week low end RB2/ high RB3 in the 20-25 range when Freeman plays. He may drop 10-12 points on a GOOD week when Freeman plays, but he also stands a good chance of getting 4-7 points. His upside is capped by Freeman unless he has a great matchup. 

Gotta roll with him tonight because my only other option is Aaron Jones and have no idea what role he will play.

Need a TD or 2 Tevin!

Coleman has averaged 9.8 points at home in games where he has backed up Freeman this year (non-ppr).

Edited by Bastardo!

My 3 RBs, Martin, Mixon, and now Tevin, have all been concussed in the last 3 weeks. Kind of unreal. That god I have the bye

Damn not even a single target?  Gotta consider dropping now with the concussion news.

Dropped him before last night's game, I like Coleman, he's helped me win a few weeks but he isn't gonna win me the championship with a healthy Freeman. 

I am rolling Terron Ward out this week in my 14 teamer. I think with Coleman more than likely out, and the fact that ATL is up against Tampa who is prone to giving up huge chunk in the run game, Ward is a super sleeper for 50 yards,  couple grabs with a hail mary shot at a TD vs that garbage Tampa D