Professor Turgeson

Michael Chavis - 3B BOS

Still hitting a ton dan uggla comps don't get me all warm and fuzzy...but uggla had some good seasons 

What's his projected hit tool?

Devers makes this guy trade bait unless he switches to first and kicks josh ock off of it...good problem for the socks but this guy doesn't have a place to play? Dh? 

1 hour ago, hard1 said:

Devers makes this guy trade bait unless he switches to first and kicks josh ock off of it...good problem for the socks but this guy doesn't have a place to play? Dh? 

Like you said, good problem to have. Few years away, who knows what hanley, devers or ock will be then.

I believe Hanley is only under contract through next year.  And Panda, despite a nice week back, will soon mega-suck again.  Moreland's only on a one year contract.  Plenty of room at the inn between 3B/1B/DH -- even with Sam Travis in the mix -- by the time Chavis and his "hit tool" bat is ready.  And that isn't even taking into consideration "Trader Dave" Dombrowski and what he will be doing.

FYI: "It is worth noting that Chavis has gotten more starts at DH this year than third base, and he has 11 errors in 27 starts at the hot corner."

and again.

Just listened to Razzball's podcast with Halpren and Liphshtz and they said he might be the top power hitter in the minors.  Might be far fetched, but it was said, and I like Halpdren as an analyst quite a bit.

Half my team is in the minor leagues, but I can't take not having these types of players and hoping they go judge on the league....this kid gets zero hype

9 hours ago, hard1 said:

Half my team is in the minor leagues, but I can't take not having these types of players and hoping they go judge on the league....this kid gets zero hype

I hope you play an extremely deep league. 

I did put off adding him as long as I could. Finally added him last week in my 18 team league with 40 man rosters (keep 24 guys every year). Already had Devers, so I was well aware of Chavis also. Shouldn't be seeing him in the majors until next fall (2018). 

9 minutes ago, sngehl01 said:

I hope you play an extremely deep league. 

I did put off adding him as long as I could. Finally added him last week in my 18 team league with 40 man rosters (keep 24 guys every year). Already had Devers, so I was well aware of Chavis also. Shouldn't be seeing him in the majors until next fall (2018). 

16 teams na spots as well.

I would put him in my top 100, probably 50-75 range, especially if he continues to show improvement.  His K to BB ratio is more or less the same (10 more walks in almost the identical number of plate appearances to last year to date) but obviously he is barreling the ball better and he has the pedigree so the talent has always been there.

I think there's a solid 50-50 chance he's going to be dealt at the deadline. Even if Devers doesn't end up sticking at 3B, that's more speculation, and Chavis is pretty movable right now imo. Given Chavis turns 22 in a month and was a 1st rounder just three years ago, this could just be him starting his ascend to good MLB player. But his stock is probably as high as it'll get, and I think the Red Sox can package him to fix some holes (extra bat + rp). 

• Like 2