Professor Turgeson

Michael Chavis - 3B BOS

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, BigPapi44 said:

For those who hung onto Chavis, he returned tonight from his 80 game PED suspension.  Red Sox assigned him to Lowell of the Appy League, where he went 0-3 with BB tonight.  It seems the Sox want to get him back into playing shape and get some ABs before he gets back to advance competition.  Will be interesting to see if he can get back some prospect hype, or whether his power surge was PED related. 

 

I'm very curious as well. I kinda think he will most likely be fine. If steroids were  the primary reason he was a prospect, he'll probably just be more careful how he goes about it. I'm under the impression getting caught means you're dumb more than anything. Good chance almost all these guys are doing something

Edited by brockpapersizer
  • Confused 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, BigPapi44 said:

3-4 1BB, 2 2Bs and a HR

 

Hopefully he's back,very dominant game 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, brockpapersizer said:

 

Hopefully he's back,very dominant game 

 

Agreed, but he was brought back up to Portland (AA) for two games, struck out something like 5 times in 8ABs and was promptly sent back to Lowell.  Not sure if they saw him in those two games and thought he still needed more ABs before seeing advanced competition or what the rationale was?  In any event, he's likely back with Portland soon if he has a few more games like this one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, BigPapi44 said:

 

Agreed, but he was brought back up to Portland (AA) for two games, struck out something like 5 times in 8ABs and was promptly sent back to Lowell.  Not sure if they saw him in those two games and thought he still needed more ABs before seeing advanced competition or what the rationale was?  In any event, he's likely back with Portland soon if he has a few more games like this one.

 

To correct my above post, Chavis was sent back to Lowell because Portland is on it's All-Star break.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I saw that in the game logs. I’m like there’s no way he got demoted for the sole reason of two game starts worth of stats.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 Homers today, his line for the season since he's come off suspension. Sucks this was mostly a wasted year, i hope the sox make room for him next season or the trade him away.

 

.294 .392   .574  
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, brockpapersizer said:

2 Homers today, his line for the season since he's come off suspension. Sucks this was mostly a wasted year, i hope the sox make room for him next season or the trade him away.

 

.294 .392   .574  

 

A little Steve Pearce in this guy?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Promoted to AAA.  Already hit his first homer for the Pawtucket tonight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m having a hard time figuring out how to rank Chavis for dynasty purposes. How does he compare to other prospect 3B now with the long suspension interrupting his progression?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Really proving that the PEDs didn't do anything or he's still on them.

 

Either way, stock is up.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3-5 today. En fuego.  He's making up for lost time, should start making it back up lists if he can keep this up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Where do you think he’ll end up in top 100 rankings beginning next year ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, beezer said:

Where do you think he’ll end up in top 100 rankings beginning next year ?

 

Im not sure, but I think for fantasy he should be in somewhere in the 70-90s, I'd have him in.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, brockpapersizer said:

 

Im not sure, but I think for fantasy he should be in somewhere in the 70-90s, I'd have him in.

 

I'm with BPS.  I would think for fantasy he should be moved up with his return from the suspension, especially given his proximity to the majors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now