Professor Turgeson

Michael Chavis - 3B BOS

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, BigPapi44 said:

For those who hung onto Chavis, he returned tonight from his 80 game PED suspension.  Red Sox assigned him to Lowell of the Appy League, where he went 0-3 with BB tonight.  It seems the Sox want to get him back into playing shape and get some ABs before he gets back to advance competition.  Will be interesting to see if he can get back some prospect hype, or whether his power surge was PED related. 

I'm very curious as well. I kinda think he will most likely be fine. If steroids were  the primary reason he was a prospect, he'll probably just be more careful how he goes about it. I'm under the impression getting caught means you're dumb more than anything. Good chance almost all these guys are doing something

Edited by brockpapersizer
  • Confused 2

10 hours ago, BigPapi44 said:

3-4 1BB, 2 2Bs and a HR

Hopefully he's back,very dominant game 

11 hours ago, brockpapersizer said:

Hopefully he's back,very dominant game 

Agreed, but he was brought back up to Portland (AA) for two games, struck out something like 5 times in 8ABs and was promptly sent back to Lowell.  Not sure if they saw him in those two games and thought he still needed more ABs before seeing advanced competition or what the rationale was?  In any event, he's likely back with Portland soon if he has a few more games like this one.

26 minutes ago, BigPapi44 said:

Agreed, but he was brought back up to Portland (AA) for two games, struck out something like 5 times in 8ABs and was promptly sent back to Lowell.  Not sure if they saw him in those two games and thought he still needed more ABs before seeing advanced competition or what the rationale was?  In any event, he's likely back with Portland soon if he has a few more games like this one.

To correct my above post, Chavis was sent back to Lowell because Portland is on it's All-Star break.

Yeah I saw that in the game logs. I’m like there’s no way he got demoted for the sole reason of two game starts worth of stats.

• Haha 1