ryno1980

Cody Bellinger 2017 Outlook

604 posts in this topic

Played his last couple AAA games in center. Can we assume he plays nearly every day in the outfield?

where does he slot in to the lineup?

Edited by ryno1980
1 person likes this

Apparently the power is real. I'm excited. I assume they're calling him up to play everyday. Pederson just went on the DL.

If I asked how much FAAB you would drop on him, would people send me to the bench forum? A lot of us are in FAAB leagues.

What's the ceiling here? I feel like 1B/OF is deep enough that you need more than just power to justify rushing to pick him up. I hear Bellinger's name in a lot of prospect rankings but I'm not super familiar.

2 minutes ago, Folarin said:

If I asked how much FAAB you would drop on him, would people send me to the bench forum? A lot of us are in FAAB leagues.

You know the aggressiveness of your league better than us, but to give you context.... this probably takes the most aggressive FAAB bid of 2017 to win.

3 people like this

Just now, oswald737 said:

You know the aggressiveness of your league better than us, but to give you context.... this probably takes the most aggressive FAAB bid of 2017 to win.

All I was looking for. Thanks man. 

Game changer? Any projections or what kind of player does he remind you in the majors?

5 minutes ago, Folarin said:

ForceAwakens7Text.gif

...not really but still I'm very excited about him. IF he can translate his skills he can force himself into the lineup and be a force. Unless you got Moncada there isn't a call up I'm more excited about this year. I'd spend big but i fully admit I'm too prospect crazy. 

Edited by Baur10
6 people like this

3 minutes ago, matdotmarshall said:

What's the ceiling here? I feel like 1B/OF is deep enough that you need more than just power to justify rushing to pick him up. I hear Bellinger's name in a lot of prospect rankings but I'm not super familiar.

He was 7 stolen bases so far this season. Not just a power guy. Struggled mightily in the Spring, however, so while the ceiling is high, it would not shock me if didn't stay up all season either. Not saying that's likely, but its a possibility given what we know.

1 person likes this

He has 5 HR and 7 SB already this season in AAA. That speed to go along with his power makes him very interesting. Should get most (or all?) of his starts in the OF, so he'll gain that eligibility quickly. 

Here's his slash lines the last 2+ seasons:

2015 (High-A): .264/.336/.538. He had 97 R, 30 HR, 103 RBI, 10 SB in 128 GP (478 AB)

2016 (AA, brief stint at AAA): .271/.365/.507. He had 66 R, 26 HR, 71 RBI, 8 SB in 117 GP (410 AB)

2017 (AAA): .343/.429/.627. He had 15 R, 5 HR, 15 RBI, 7 SB in 18 GP (67 AB) 

Power is very real. He's still just 21 years old. 

Here's his MiLB thread for those asking basic questions about how good he is, etc.  I already had him in my 10-team dynasty and my 15-team redraft as well.  He's an all-formats add based on upside, but he's still a prospect, so be willing to ride out a Bregman from last year type of situation, or not regret dropping whoever you dropped him for if that happens and you can't afford to ride it out.

3 minutes ago, oswald737 said:

He was 7 stolen bases so far this season. Not just a power guy. Struggled mightily in the Spring, however, so while the ceiling is high, it would not shock me if didn't stay up all season either. Not saying that's likely, but its a possibility given what we know.

giphy.gif

Well hello

8 people like this

Just now, placeholder said:

I can't find him in ESPN, any idea when he'll be added? After the first game?

He's on there, I just added him about 5 minutes ago.  listed at 1B on ESPN.

Added, Lets do this! 

Do you think he will stay up for good!? If I remember correctly, Turner was called up for a little bit last year when Espinosa was hurt then sent down. But then again, Mazara was called up and stayed. 

Edited by dannyusf

20 minutes ago, matdotmarshall said:

Ceiling 50 HR floor 10 HR

Glad I dropped him last week when it was concluded he likely didn't have immediate avenue to at bats in MLB. Now I'm going to have to channel my inner 13 year old spirit and blow my (this time FAAB budget ) wad prematurely.  

2 people like this

Anyone have any idea where he will play? With Joc out will he play CF or will they move Puig to CF? Wondering if he will be in the lineup tonight?

39 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Is he in the ESPN player pool?

Uh, yea.  You know how to search for players, right?

Nevermind, saw your next post.  I'm in too big a hurry to be snarky I guess.

By the way, your sig is awesome.

Edited by 89Topps

Anyone think he does something like Pederson? Flash in the bottle the first few months then fizzle? His profile is pretty identical to his, but Joc had more AAA at bats. A lot more actually. 

I think he will start hot and then the holes will become apparent. Hes juts not seasoned enough IMO.