Winky

Mike Williams 2017 Season Outlook

Not feeling the Corey Davis comparison I think Corey is in a way better situation, better offense, while there are a lot of mouths to feed Corey is the most talented WR there

williams might get some tds toward the end of the year but I don't think he will be relevant unless Allen gets hurt, the team looks off and the coach is new so can't be sure how he will handle rookies

1 hour ago, Golden Spikes said:

what about Kevin White!

We shouldn't speak of that name on here.

Where will he line up assuming he plays soon? Will he replace Benjamin?

Edited by jtbgator

5 minutes ago, jtbgator said:

I don't know, but it'd be neat seeing both Williams receivers on the outside and Allen in the slot.

11 minutes ago, jtbgator said:

He will line up outside. He's a big play guy.  Likely not a crisp route runner who could shake of quick NFL corners in short area or find a soft spot between zone at this stage of career. 

Edited by Jack Valentine

For fantasy purposes, is it better to roster him or Tyrell? I've had Tyrell stashed on my bench for a couple of weeks, and he's been pretty average, probably my WR5 or so. I've been considering dropping him for Mike W. for that reason. 

6 hours ago, FlyingElvis said:

For fantasy purposes, is it better to roster him or Tyrell? I've had Tyrell stashed on my bench for a couple of weeks, and he's been pretty average, probably my WR5 or so. I've been considering dropping him for Mike W. for that reason. 

Pondering when I should snag this dude wherever I can

8 minutes ago, PackerBacker555 said:

I’m thinking this is the week to get him if you can. 

Agreed..Sounds like he's probably ready go next weekend 

Edited by Sean Tambo

6 minutes ago, CABLE87 said:

Where will he be on the depthe chart??

ABove Tyrell Williams and maybe Henry, just below Allen. Tyrell blows this year

2 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

ABove Tyrell Williams and maybe Henry, just below Allen. Tyrell blows this year

So he could be a WR 2?? Not bad, will def keep him on my radar

Stashed him on IR week. I'm on this and I need this to be something, cause Crowder is on Mars thus far. 

Even when he finally starts, I'd wait and see how it goes, you've got huge stones If you start him from jump street. 

7th pick in NFL Draft overall, has great ball skills and is tall AF. 

Way worse bets than this. 

I think I'm taking the plunge and dropping Tyrell for him. Here's my thought process, for anyone else in the same situation: the only scenario that involves me even considering FLEXing Tyrell involves at least 3 injuries. At which point I'd probably be screwed enough to want the higher upside rookie anyway. I think the comparisons to OBJ's rookie year are a bit of a stretch, but I doubt there's a whole lot of WRs still sitting on waivers with the kind of upside he's got. YMMV, but for myself, I already know Tyrell will never crack my lineup unless I'm so screwed that it won't really matter anyway, so I might as well grab the lotto ticket in Mike and see if he can challenge for a spot.

Edited by dawgburt2000

1 hour ago, dawgburt2000 said:

I think I'm taking the plunge and dropping Tyrell for him. Here's my thought process, for anyone else in the same situation: the only scenario that involves me even considering FLEXing Tyrell involves at least 3 injuries. At which point I'd probably be screwed enough to want the higher upside rookie anyway. I think the comparisons to OBJ's rookie year are a bit of a stretch, but I doubt there's a whole lot of WRs still sitting on waivers with the kind of upside he's got. YMMV, but for myself, I already know Tyrell will never crack my lineup unless I'm so screwed that it won't really matter anyway, so I might as well grab the lotto ticket in Mike and see if he can challenge for a spot.

I am in the same boat you are. About to drop Tyrell for him tomorrow morning once waivers clear. Also adding him anywhere else I can. 

Probably dropping Tyrell as well. I have five WRs that I would play before Tyrell, so I’m not really risking much for a guy with a lot of talent. 

On 9/25/2017 at 1:34 PM, PlayTheWaivers said:

If the chargers play like yesterday, this guy won't do squat. There's a lot of competition here. Keenan will be the #1 in this offense for the foreseeable future. I seriously don't understand why the Chargers drafted this guy when WR is a strength of their team. Benjamin is producing in a deep threat role, but I'm not sure who should be catching the RZ targets. It should be Keenan and Hunter Henry right now, but this team stinks and the coach stinks.

It's possible Mike Williams has a role this year, but I'm not optimistic for a guy that has a back issue and has missed so many months of the year. Also, so many mouths to feed in this offense. Reminds me of the Corey Davis hype when the rest of the targets aren't going away.

He's a waste of a bench spot.

Corey Davis was targeted 10 times in Week 1, and then got hurt in Week 2, and DNP in Week 3, so not sure on the reference about him not getting targets.  If anything Davis hogged targets when he was on the field.

Also the fact they drafted him when they were deep at WR hopefully means they really believe in his talent and are going to try to make him a part of this offense.  You don't draft a WR at 7th overall if you think he's going to sit in line behind Tyrell and Benjamin for the next few years.

I like the optimism but hes been out forever. I imagine this is a redshirt type year for him and just getting used to the playbook. I cant imagine hes too relevant in fantasy but I'm listening....

8 minutes ago, floppy said:

I like the optimism but hes been out forever. I imagine this is a redshirt type year for him and just getting used to the playbook. I cant imagine hes too relevant in fantasy but I'm listening....

Crazier things have happened 

44 minutes ago, Savatage79 said:

Crazier things have happened 

You can say that about any player though. It's about figuring out who has the best chance of helping your team. Crazier things have happened than AP having a resurgence in the 2nd half of the year, but he sure as hell isn't going to come anywhere near my fantasy team.

13 minutes ago, owenmills said:

You can say that about any player though. It's about figuring out who has the best chance of helping your team. Crazier things have happened than AP having a resurgence in the 2nd half of the year, but he sure as hell isn't going to come anywhere near my fantasy team.

Fantasy is not so strict to where stashing one player to simply see what happens is going to destroy someone's roster. It's moves like this that can win a season if he actually plays and becomes a key aspect to that offense. 

No report with Philip Rivers because he missed mini camp, TC, and the Chargers have a lot of mouths to feed.  I don't see him as a fantasy asset this season because of his likely inconsistency. 

1 hour ago, Savatage79 said:

Fantasy is not so strict to where stashing one player to simply see what happens is going to destroy someone's roster. It's moves like this that can win a season if he actually plays and becomes a key aspect to that offense. 

Sure it's moves like this that win seasons. But not this particular move IMO. Time will tell though. I'm making moves like this with other guys.