Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Peppy

Nelson Cruz, OF, TEX

I don't think Nelson has REALLY had the opportunities everyone is talking about. He has only 442 ML AB's. 15HR's and .231 average don't make him a bust. The fact he is 28 and absolutely devours AAA pitching 'could' mean he is ready to do the same in the Show.

Getting hurt is another example of getting opportunities. He may have been traded in a waiver deal bit now but is on the DL. I still wonder if there is some conflict with management that has prevented him from getting promoted. Boggs and Byrd are nothing to write home about.

I agree Tribefan. He must have done something to piss off management or Washington and that's the reason he's been down this long. I could see if they had legit options backing up Hamilton, Bradley & Murphy, but like you said Boggs & Byrd aren't the answer, although I loved Byrd's walkoff grand slam last night!

CBS is reporting he is out until September?!?! Is this true because CBS has been known to give some suspect advice on injuries. Anybody know anything because with Murphy down and Bradley hurting it could be Cruz time if the injury is not serious.

My boy's back in the lineup tonight! Just in time for him to tear it up in Texas the final month! Go Nelson!

My boy's up to the show! It's about time Texas!

Finally got the call....I guess it's time to add him to my squad..

Hidden
Finally got the call....I guess it's time to add him to my squad..

Yea to bad you traded him to me in our league kid and hes going to have a bigger year than my free agent pick up last year aka Carlos Quentin. I traded you Carlos Quentin and got back Nelson Cruz who is going to be a monster. Hes winning the AL MVP gauranteed.