dashoe

Stefon Diggs 2017 Outlook

6 minutes ago, Juke said:

First time I've ever seen a status update for a "tooth" injury. Football isn't football unless Diggs makes the injury report every week.

BUT, BUT, BUT....aren't "studs" always injured?

13 minutes ago, Yanksfan06 said:

Limited today with a "tooth" injury. Either a ball hit him in the face or he hasn't been flossing enough. 

you can't make this up reminds me of ryan mathews last year with his dental issue.

time to put in corey davis now

Edited by dashoe

13 minutes ago, Yanksfan06 said:

Limited today with a "tooth" injury. Either a ball hit him in the face or he hasn't been flossing enough. 

WOW!

I've seen it all now. 

BREAKING NEWS:

Stefon Diggs and Tyler Eifert both sustained career ending injuries while playing chess in a padded room.

34 minutes ago, Yanksfan06 said:

I miss the old days when players played.

ronnie-lott-d667a8f5e067400c.jpg

53 minutes ago, street sharks said:

Honestly can't tell if some of you are fake mad in here. A tooth issue is obviously nothing to worry about

but ....  but ..... but ...  how's he supposed to smile when he scores  

4 minutes ago, HamMach1 said:

How are you folks feeling about Diggs this week? 

Think this will be a game of the defenses? 

Diggs has a toothache, his groin probably still hurts, and a qb who would rather throw to Thielen and checkdown to McKinnon. 

How do I feel?  Do yo7 really want to know?  Oh, I. Case you are wondering, yeah I’m starting him. 

12 hours ago, street sharks said:

Honestly can't tell if some of you are fake mad in here. A tooth issue is obviously nothing to worry about

I'm legit concerned,  Ryan mathews was taken out of a game and missed practice because of an infected tooth last season

22 minutes ago, howlin' 2 said:

I'm waiting until game time... Then at the moment of "tooth" I will decide:rolleyes:

Turf tooth is no laughing matter

9 minutes ago, street sharks said:

Our boy got a root canal

Hehe. Think they drilled out the source of his groin pain?

Edited by oliminator123

5 hours ago, dashoe said:

I'm legit concerned,  Ryan mathews was taken out of a game and missed practice because of an infected tooth last season

12 minutes ago, street sharks said:

Our boy got a root canal

This is why there is no purpose in being concerned about the outlier.  Infected teeth are much more rare than a cavity.

Just some stats for those debating on starting Diggs tomorrow.

Josh Norman has played in six games this season and has yet to allow a touchdown in coverage. While at times in his career he's been deployed as a shadow corner, Washington has not asked him to track top receivers around the field. For example, he covered top X-receivers Alshon Jeffery and Dez Bryant for a total of 16 combined plays in their matchups this season. So far, Norman has primarily stuck to left corner”

“Even if he stays on just the left side of the field, this will still likely put Stefon Diggs in Norman's crosshairs for the majority of the game. Diggs lined up on the right side of the field for 45 percent of his plays so far this year and sees 60 percent of his targets from that alignment”

Stefon Diggs in tight windows (< 1 yard of separation) - 6 targets - 4 catches - 127 yards - 2 TDs - 149.3 passer rating #NextGenStats

“Diggs hasn't been at full strength since a Week 4 loss to the Lions where he amassed 98 yards on five catches. He caught just four passes for 27 yards against Cleveland in his first game back but had the bye during Week 9 to get back to full strength. Facing Norman won't provide a soft landing spot to get back to his early season form when he was clearly playing like the best wide receiver in the NFL. 

Of course, while Norman is a stiff test, we should not forget that Diggs proved himself nearly uncoverable in the early portions of the season. Even in tight coverage, Diggs still produces”

Vikings quarterbacks when targeting Diggs in tight windows
71.4% completion rate
21.4 yards per catch
Three touchdowns
153.3 passer rating”

Stefon Diggs is the only wide receiver with a passer rating over 110 on tight window targets and has seen 10-plus tight window targets this season. He's a truly elite receiver when 100 percent healthy. Norman will certainly prove a tough challenge, but these two should be in a competitive fight all afternoon. 

While Diggs is tied up with Norman, whether he gets over on the Pro Bowl cornerback or not, a few other Vikings players stand to benefit. Washington has allowed five touchdowns to slot receivers this year, tied with multiple teams for the second-most behind Kansas City's six, and allow a league-high 624 yards to tight ends. Regardless of Diggs' outlook, Adam Thielen and Kyle Rudolph are in good spots”

I think I’m gonna start him this week.

5 minutes ago, DezBryant88 said:

Just some stats for those debating on starting Diggs tomorrow.

Josh Norman has played in six games this season and has yet to allow a touchdown in coverage. While at times in his career he's been deployed as a shadow corner, Washington has not asked him to track top receivers around the field. For example, he covered top X-receivers Alshon Jeffery and Dez Bryant for a total of 16 combined plays in their matchups this season. So far, Norman has primarily stuck to left corner”

“Even if he stays on just the left side of the field, this will still likely put Stefon Diggs in Norman's crosshairs for the majority of the game. Diggs lined up on the right side of the field for 45 percent of his plays so far this year and sees 60 percent of his targets from that alignment”

Stefon Diggs in tight windows (< 1 yard of separation) - 6 targets - 4 catches - 127 yards - 2 TDs - 149.3 passer rating #NextGenStats

“Diggs hasn't been at full strength since a Week 4 loss to the Lions where he amassed 98 yards on five catches. He caught just four passes for 27 yards against Cleveland in his first game back but had the bye during Week 9 to get back to full strength. Facing Norman won't provide a soft landing spot to get back to his early season form when he was clearly playing like the best wide receiver in the NFL. 

Of course, while Norman is a stiff test, we should not forget that Diggs proved himself nearly uncoverable in the early portions of the season. Even in tight coverage, Diggs still produces”

Vikings quarterbacks when targeting Diggs in tight windows
71.4% completion rate
21.4 yards per catch
Three touchdowns
153.3 passer rating”

Stefon Diggs is the only wide receiver with a passer rating over 110 on tight window targets and has seen 10-plus tight window targets this season. He's a truly elite receiver when 100 percent healthy. Norman will certainly prove a tough challenge, but these two should be in a competitive fight all afternoon. 

While Diggs is tied up with Norman, whether he gets over on the Pro Bowl cornerback or not, a few other Vikings players stand to benefit. Washington has allowed five touchdowns to slot receivers this year, tied with multiple teams for the second-most behind Kansas City's six, and allow a league-high 624 yards to tight ends. Regardless of Diggs' outlook, Adam Thielen and Kyle Rudolph are in good spots”

I think I’m gonna start him this week.

Wow friend, this is an AWESOME informative post worthy of the trophy I gave you. THANK YOU FOR THIS. 

one thought...if he plays on the right side 45% of the time, then doesn’t that mean he plays on the left side (not Norman) 55% Of the time? In other words, it appears he may only have Norman about half the time. 

I agree though, the slot guy, Thielen, will eat more.  Darn....why did I trade him? 

2 minutes ago, TennisMenace said:

Wow friend, this is an AWESOME informative post worthy of the trophy I gave you. THANK YOU FOR THIS. 

one thought...if he plays on the right side 45% of the time, then doesn’t that mean he plays on the left side (not Norman) 55% Of the time? In other words, it appears he may only have Norman about half the time. 

I agree though, the slot guy, Thielen, will eat more.  Darn....why did I trade him? 

Norman primarily stays on the left side but Diggs has ran 45% of his routes on the right side where 60% of his targets have come from. So there’s a solid chance Diggs could be matched up with Breeland half of the game.

4 minutes ago, DezBryant88 said:

Norman primarily stays on the left side but Diggs has ran 45% of his routes on the right side where 60% of his targets have come from. So there’s a solid chance Diggs could be matched up with Breeland half of the game.

Nreeland ain’t too shabby either.....which is why Thielen will probably be eating the most.  I think many mediocre and insecure qbs like Keenum do not want to take a chance of throwing an 8 terception so for the most part they will ignore guys being covered by Norman because there may not be that separation the qb wants.  I don’t think Sam Bradford has this attitude. I think he wants his WR to make a try for a catch in tight coverage. But not Keenum.