Rolling Thunder

Davante Adams 2017 Season Outlook

Wish Hundley was starting next week..:(......Aaron will go back to his Jordy...Ugh

Adams still must start, but obviously have to temper expectations 

3 minutes ago, Sean Tambo said:

Wish Hundley was starting next week..:(......Aaron will go back to his Jordy...Ugh

Adams still must start, but obviously have to temper expectations 

I dunno man, I think Adams still continues to get his... they'll just be more to go around with Rodgers under center.  Huge upgrade for Jordy, but I don't think Adams gets a downgrade.  ARod has been watching Devante ball these past several weeks... he knows he's got a stud there.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

I dunno man, I think Adams still continues to get his... they'll just be more to go around with Rodgers under center.  Huge upgrade for Jordy, but I don't think Adams gets a downgrade.  ARod has been watching Devante ball these past several weeks... he knows he's got a stud there.

Stud = Adams ...Not taking anything away from Jordy, but Adams is the #1 for the Pack.....

While concerning, this could be a legit changing of the guard in the WR pecking order. Either way he's absolutely playable. While potentially the volume of targets will go down the quality will go up for sure. Will be interesting to see what Rodgers will do considering how the year has progressed with this WR corps.

• Like 1

This was the year Adams took over for Jordy regardless of the injury, fully believe that still. Jordy will become relevant again but lets not act like Davante wasn't balling before Rodgers went down. That should continue. What he loses in target share he gains in efficiency. Also GB's defense is hot garbage. They will need to score

49 minutes ago, Sean Tambo said:

Stud = Adams ...Not taking anything away from Jordy, but Adams is the #1 for the Pack.....

I thought that's what I said... 🤔

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, USWAY said:

This was the year Adams took over for Jordy regardless of the injury, fully believe that still. Jordy will become relevant again but lets not act like Davante wasn't balling before Rodgers went down. That should continue. What he loses in target share he gains in efficiency. Also GB's defense is hot garbage. They will need to score

Jordy is a completely different receiver. He needs to Rodgers extending plays so he can get vertical. They'd be having similar years if Rodgers never went down.

40 minutes ago, this guy right here said:

Jordy is a completely different receiver. He needs to Rodgers extending plays so he can get vertical. They'd be having similar years if Rodgers never went down.

Yes and no.  You have to recognize the difference in Jordys skill set and usage since his recent major knee injury.  He’s no longer primarily a deep threat, but well rounded and targeted heavily in the RZ.  

average ypc has gone down almost 4 yards, but his tds and receptions have gone up.   

It’s more that the offense has been simplified for Hundley, and Jordy isn’t getting big separation anymore right away.  Nor are they scoring a lot of tds, which is sapping his value.

Edited by Impreza178

I can see benching Davante tomorrow.  During his locker room interview Wednesday Rodgers said he wants to get "87" and "18" more involved this week, since the team has gotten away from that in the 7 weeks he missed.  He did not mention getting "17" more involved.   I think it's likely Jordy catches two TDs, as Rodgers wants to reestablish his top guy who has been painfully quiet the last two months.   So is there room for Davante to have an big game too?  Maybe I'm overthinking it but I'm considering Goodwin over Adams since Goodwin is a clear #1 target on his team. 

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, RiffRaffMcGrath said:

I can see benching Davante tomorrow.  During his locker room interview Wednesday Rodgers said he wants to get "87" and "18" more involved this week, since the team has gotten away from that in the 7 weeks he missed.  He did not mention getting "17" more involved.   I think it's likely Jordy catches two TDs, as Rodgers wants to reestablish his top guy who has been painfully quiet the last two months.   So is there room for Davante to have an big game too?  Maybe I'm overthinking it but I'm considering Goodwin over Adams since Goodwin is a clear #1 target on his team. 

Don’t own Adams but I wish I did. No way in hell would I consider benching this guy. Take him over Julio, Evans, AJ type guys all day. This is where the term “don’t bench your studs” actually applies imo

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, RiffRaffMcGrath said:

You go ahead and bench him then. I'll continue to ride a guy who has been a top 5 WR over the past month+ and just got a major QB upgrade.

There is plenty to go around.  Why would Rodgers mention needing to get Adams more involved? He's been a total stud... pretty much their entire aerial attack (along with the RBs) while Rodgers has been out.

• Like 1

I was lil down on Adams hearing news of Aaron coming back this week, but after looking up stats this yr before Aarons injury, Adams had the most receptions followed by Cobb than Jordy....I guess I wasnt  crazy feeling that  Adams looked like he was becoming the #1 this season

Rodgers goes down- "Oh no, gotta bench Adams."

Rodgers returns- "Oh no, gotta bench Adams."

Makes perfect sense...

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, machine3 said:

Rodgers goes down- "Oh no, gotta bench Adams."

Rodgers returns- "Oh no, gotta bench Adams."

Makes perfect sense...

Well Rodgers went down 7 weeks ago and things change.  That was then and this is now. What doesn't make sense about it? 

I'm not saying Adams is a bad start.  All I'm saying is I can see Rodgers wanting to reestablish Jordy since Jordy's production has suffered so much in his absence.  I mean Rodgers actually said he wants to get 87 and 18 more involved.  This could be a reason to at least knock Davante down from the "automatic start" list and at least consider starting other guys over him.  In the end I'll probably start Adams anyway. 

7 minutes ago, RiffRaffMcGrath said:

Well Rodgers went down 7 weeks ago and things change.  That was then and this is now. What doesn't make sense about it? 

I'm not saying Adams is a bad start.  All I'm saying is I can see Rodgers wanting to reestablish Jordy since Jordy's production has suffered so much in his absence.  I mean Rodgers actually said he wants to get 87 and 18 more involved.  This could be a reason to at least knock Davante down from the "automatic start" list and at least consider starting other guys over him.  In the end I'll probably start Adams anyway. 

I would like to hear who you would consider starting over him 

9 minutes ago, RiffRaffMcGrath said:

I believe he was WR8 in standard, not sure about PPR before Rodgers went down. That is including the game where he barely played any against the Bears due to concussion. In mind nothing changes... if anything this is an upgrade. 

Edited by Dirtywater97

2 hours ago, RiffRaffMcGrath said:

Here's a blurb from a GB blog

"On the other side, Davante Adams has flourished as Hundley’s go-to receiver. His targets increased ever so slightly from 8 to 8.8 per game and he looked like the clear #1 even as the Packers run game started to gain traction. Davante isn’t as safe in fantasy prospects as he was with Hundley, since Rodgers will likely spread the ball around more. But as Rodgers has stated this past week, Adams about to get PAID.

Not to be overlooked in how the receivers fare this weekend are the defenders covering them. The Carolina Panthers are a solid defense, but this is a defense that primarily goes as linebacker Luke Kuechly goes, rather than being known for their secondary. Still, Carolina is ranked 7th in pass defense DVOA.

Looking closer at the rankings, though, you’ll find that against WR1s, WR2s and Other WR, they’re ranked 19th, 15th, and 17th, respectively. That boost in passing defense DVOA comes from their #2 ranking against TE’s, which, that’s right, is handled expertly by Luke Kuechly. So if any pass catchers struggle in Week 15, my money’s on the Packers TE group."

https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/2017/12/16/16783150/what-to-expect-from-the-green-bay-packers-receivers-in-week-15

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, lla887 said:

Any word on this guy?  That’s two nasty hits to the head this season.  Scary stuff.  

Yeah, I'm worried he won't be available for championship week. Hope he's okay.

In standard, this guy is now WR#5. What a beast. Thanks for your service young man. Fond memories. 

I also think he was one of the most underappreciated players in fantasy all season. He was surrounded by "yeah....but..." all year. 

Such BS. This guy’s career is possibly in jeopardy as a result of two dirty hits. He must talk a lot of ish to defenders. That’s the only explanation to those hits.

Gonna reach pretty hard for him next year. This dude is a straight up WR1 with or without Rodgers throwing the ball. His route-running, hands, and YAC has improved considerably since his 2nd year. Another training camp with Rodgers + a 33 year old Jordy and he is a top 5 WR. I can see him going in the early to mid second round next season.