Rolling Thunder

Davante Adams 2017 Season Outlook

On 10/29/2017 at 2:12 AM, Tugginroot said:

If anybody is trading, what are you getting for him?

a bag of crisps, half a packet of razzles and a PS2 (not working, spare parts only)

Hundley is brutal, rough for all Packers skill players.

It's really hard to know what to do here. This is a rough bye week for me, and so unless I scoop some magic off the waivers he's going in. Hard to think he'll get more than 5-8 point in .5PPR though.

On 10/28/2017 at 9:12 PM, Tugginroot said:

If anybody is trading, what are you getting for him?

I tried to get Alex Collins. Got laughed at. 

I haven't given up hope yet. 

Alex Collins will be obsolete if Woodhead gets back. I would have made that trade. 

Holding- but benched.  One week with Hundley isn’t enough to know if Adams/Jordy have any ROS utility.   This situation could look completely different next week 

Any Packers fans out there watch the last two games?  I know Hundley was brutal, but was there any indications either way who it seemed his favorite WR was between Adams and Nelson? 

I'm wondering if (and that's still a big if), Hundley can get his act together over the bye week Adams doesn't become a better target than Jordy due to his size and athleticism.

Any insight from anyone?

2 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

Any Packers fans out there watch the last two games?  I know Hundley was brutal, but was there any indications either way who it seemed his favorite WR was between Adams and Nelson? 

I'm wondering if (and that's still a big if), Hundley can get his act together over the bye week Adams doesn't become a better target than Jordy due to his size and athleticism.

Any insight from anyone?

Not a packer fan but I did stay in a Holiday Inn last night.  

Hundley prefers the dirt to any wr from the looks of it.  What did he complete....4 passes total to Adams and Jordy?  Really no way to tell what could happen other than we know the o line is decent and there’s enough weapons to keep the defense honest.    You could very well be correct that Adams attributes and potentially easier coverage matchups could make him the preferred option.   Or not.   

6 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

Any insight from anyone?

I think we'll all just have to wait and see.

8 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

Not a packer fan but I did stay in a Holiday Inn last night.  

Hundley prefers the dirt to any wr from the looks of it.  What did he complete....4 passes total to Adams and Jordy?  Really no way to tell what could happen other than we know the o line is decent and there’s enough weapons to keep the defense honest.    You could very well be correct that Adams attributes and potentially easier coverage matchups could make him the preferred option.   Or not.   

Yeah, I'm just grasping for any insight I can get.  I was moreso asking about the 1st game against the Vikings since I believe(?) Adams caught his TD from Hundley after Rodgers went out.  I know everyone was terrible against the Saints and there isn't much to glean from that game except that Hundley did not look ready.

Edited by SkinsChargersFan
Present tense/Past tense... Grammar policing myself.

Ehh.. The Worksheet did a good job of noting that teams have tendencies to put their best CB on Adams rather than Jordy (or rather GB lines Adams up that way), so this week Adams could see a healthy dose of Slay. I'm leaning toward believing that if Adams were to be useful this week it would be dependent on Detroit going up a few scores on the Packers and softening up there defense which would allow the WRs to grab a handful for short/intermediate passes.

Of course I could very well be wrong now that Hundley has been given a few more weeks of preparation but based off of what we actually know there is little reason to have faith in Adams unless you are completely desperate. 

42 minutes ago, MoonBlaster said:

Ehh.. The Worksheet did a good job of noting that teams have tendencies to put their best CB on Adams rather than Jordy (or rather GB lines Adams up that way)

I think this is more the case.  For example, whenever they play Seattle, GB always seems to throw Adams at Sherman as the sacrificial  lamb.

Wish the Packers were able to land Hoyer. Hundley looked like the worst starting WB in the league by far.

14 minutes ago, nb009 said:

Wish the Packers were able to land Hoyer. Hundley looked like the worst starting WB in the league by far.

Is hoyer really better then Hundley? Given Hundley's had time to study the playbook and system.

4 minutes ago, kdubb44 said:

Is hoyer really better then Hundley? Given Hundley's had time to study the playbook and system.

Considering Hoyer has played on a different team every year I figured he knew all the plays out there.