Sign in to follow this  
urban2014

Ian Happ 2017 Outlook

Get the it's happening GIFs ready. How long or how productive he will be is another matter 

Yeah, the "how long or how productive" is not only a great "that's what she said" but also the question you gotta ask when determining how much FAAB $ to lay down. 

Is $10 out of $100 to much?

These sorta guys make me think they could be a Lindor kinda steal of the season in keeper leagues. 

Just now, Backdoor Slider said:

"May be added" isn't enough to start a thread. Until official, don't get people's hopes up. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, lbjames6 said:

Thanks. Searched and saw nothing yet.

EDIT: Actually, you see this guy's bio? How does he know? No one from Cuba reporting it.

Edited by Backdoor Slider

my bad, misred the blurb was too eager to add. Delete the thread if the Mods want

• Like 1

1 minute ago, urban2014 said:

my bad, misred the blurb was too eager to add. Delete the thread if the Mods want

No, itshappening.gif

Actually this is exactly like the Bellinger situation, he was going down till Agone got hurt. 

Not expecting him to stay but he's got a lot more upside than the guys occupying the last spot on my benches.

7 minutes ago, Backdoor Slider said:

Thanks. Searched and saw nothing yet.

EDIT: Actually, you see this guy's bio? How does he know? No one from Cuba reporting it.

He's a reporter in Happ's hometown. 

Something is going on...If I recall correctly, Cubs lineup is normally out early and today still not out for a 4 o'clock game.

The Cubs lineup has been struggling lately. I could see Maddon plugging this kid in to try and amp things up a bit, especially with all the injuries.

He's not as good as Bellinger. But if he performs he could easily stay up and play everyday. 

C Contreras

1B Rizzo

2B Zobrist

3B Bryant

SS Russell

OF Happ

OF Schwaber

OF Almora/Jay

UTIL Baez 

Edited by goldbaby11

3 minutes ago, Didgital said:

So in. If he hits why not find space for him?

Javier Baez can't even get an everyday gig.  As soon as the Cubs are healthy, he'll be sent back down.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, urban2014 said:

Actually this is exactly like the Bellinger situation, he was going down till Agone got hurt. 

No it's not. Gonzalez was battling an injury and poor performance and the Dodgers have considerably less depth then the Cubs.

I would suspect that when Heyward returns, they send him back down to play everyday.  Heyward's big and contract and defense all but ensure him an everyday role.  Not enough room to fit him in everyday.

Edited by MJDrocks

I wonder if they would have him play 2B if Hayward comes back. I wouldn't play Hayward over Happ if Happ performs. Hayward simply doesn't deserve it. I think Happ has played 2B before and Zobrist seems like a waste these days

Edited by goldbaby11
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, goldbaby11 said:

He's not as good as Bellinger. But if he performs he could easily stay up and play everyday. 

C Contreras

1B Rizzo

2B Zobrist

3B Bryant

SS Russell

OF Happ

OF Schwaber

OF Almora/Jay

UTIL Baez 

Until Heyward returns, sure

When schwarber got called up I was hanging with a bunch of guys in my league and I was the first to see it. But I assumed he'd be going back down in a couple days so instead of grabbing him I told my buddy. Who immediately picked him up and the rest is history. Not making that mistake again.