Carlos Correa

Bradley Zimmer 2017 Outlook

86 posts in this topic

Big fly for B-Rad Z!

IMG_20170517_153014.jpg

He is quite the physical specimen. Reminds me of a Gallo/Mazara type build. 

Edited by DannyMcPot
4 people like this

It only took one game for him to adjust.  Looks promising.  I'm tempted to throw him out there vs Morton in Houston, a much more hitter friendly environment.

1 hour ago, Stutin said:

he is still available in my league. should i bite just on potential alone?

Always grab first ask questions later if you have an expendable piece. 

1 person likes this

6 hours ago, JFS179 said:

Personally, I would be much more interested in folks breaking down the swing changes Zimmer made in the AFL and spring this year (when either as a result of the change or just correlated with the change, his numbers took a leap in AAA), rather than posting which celebrity or other baseball player he looks like.

I've read many references to the swing changes, but I haven't managed to find a piece that sums them all up -- exactly what he did and why it's going to make him more successful now (and unfortunately I'm not very good at analyzing swing mechanics myself).  A lot of the prospect reports on Zimmer are based on what he had done prior to this year, but we've seen swing changes make a major, major difference for other players -- ones with arguably much less raw talent than Zimmer.

Does anyone have any information on that they could add to the thread?  That would be highly interesting.

On MLB Network they just broke it down: mentioned a few things he was working on in the AFL: 1) open stance; 2) closes off front side; 3) still head; and 4) most importantly, back elbow rides through the baseball, creating an effective bat path.

2 people like this

Keon Broxton comp may be accurate.  The K rate is alarming.

5 hours ago, borindia said:

Keon Broxton comp may be accurate.  The K rate is alarming.

I mean, you've seen his K rate in the minors this season and his previous years...not very surprising that he's whiffing a ton in his first stint up with the big boys. 

He's shown a bit of everything in his first four games.  Contact rate needs improvement.  Any chance he gets sent back down?

Edited by borindia