fawkes_mulder

Luis Robert - OF - CHW

Posted (edited)

He's my favorite player in the league and he's not even in the league yet...he's in a league of his own...holding for months now...he's a keeper imo...a Superhero in the outfield...a Pitcher ender at the plate...and a Pizza lover after games...great kid ...generational talent... Wish he was on the Red Sox...scoop everywhere if he's avail...run...run like La Pantera does...turn a single into an in the park homerun and scoooooop...

Edited by dfstout
  • Haha 1

Power/speed combo of 24 homers and 59 steals after his first 162 games in the minors.  This after zero homers last year...

Other career numbers:  .321 BA, .398 OBP, slugging .545, OPS .943 which all takes into account last year's empty numbers...

• Thanks 1

I sadly traded Robert in a deal to land me Bellinger and am starting to regret it.  The kid just has not slowed down one bit.  I thought maybe he'd cool off but dang was I wrong on that one.

Reed optioned to Charlotte. Corresponding move coming before the opener in Philadelphia tomorrow. Hmm. I doubt it's his time yet but would fit with that deleted post

4 hours ago, cizastro said:

I sadly traded Robert in a deal to land me Bellinger and am starting to regret it.  The kid just has not slowed down one bit.  I thought maybe he'd cool off but dang was I wrong on that one.

Why would you regret trading a prospect for a top 10 player? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, tootallball said:

Why would you regret trading a prospect for a top 10 player? 

It wasn't just Robert.  It was a 1st round struggling player from the Indians and Robert for Bellinger. 

Too good.  He will be drafted too high for my taste next season.   Not paying that much for a rookie.

32 minutes ago, B&F said:

Too good.  He will be drafted too high for my taste next season.   Not paying that much for a rookie.

Who's drafted higher next spring? 

Adell or Robert?

Another day, another highlight reel play. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mocha4313 said:

Reed optioned to Charlotte. Corresponding move coming before the opener in Philadelphia tomorrow. Hmm. I doubt it's his time yet but would fit with that deleted post

I would love if it were Robert, but realistically they will probably give another shot to Collins or maybe Yermin Mercedes, who has been raking in AAA.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, tekashi26ix said:

Robert

I wonder, I think Adell is a little safer but the ceiling is crazy for Robert.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Baur10 said:

Another day, another highlight reel play. 

That’s an insanely good catch

1 hour ago, Gobux1970 said:

I wonder, I think Adell is a little safer but the ceiling is crazy for Robert.

Crude analysis but I'd argue that Luis Robert is to Jo Addell what Ronald Acuna is to Juan Soto last year. So yeah I agree, it's safe vs ceiling here.

• Like 1

White Sox purchased Skole’s contract today to take Reed’s spot. Today is not the day. 

Is he stash-worthy in a redraft leagues? Is it possible he gets the call in September?

42 minutes ago, GeekUSA said:

Is he stash-worthy in a redraft leagues? Is it possible he gets the call in September?

I think he is stash worthy but it is more contextual to your league settings. In 5 outfielder leagues with deep benches he absolutely should be owned. In 10 team, 3 outfielder leagues with shallow leagues, probably not. I’ve stashed him in 8 leagues so obviously I think he’ll be up. Whether that’s in August or September remains to be seen. Some may argue that the White Sox will hold him down until late April of next year but I think the context of him is different than others. My best guess is we see him in a couple of weeks.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, BxBOMBERs28 said:

Another 2 hits and a homer today 

For the visual inclined:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Baur10 said:

For the visual inclined:

And according to the broadcast he has a sore hand to boot (probably from that diving catch).

3 more hits tonight, btw.

Not to be a downer but that HR came with the score 17-2 other guys. Sure he made it 17-4 but shouldn't he pick up his pace a tad when trailing by 15?

• Haha 1

has there been any legit talk of him being called up in the near future?

On 8/4/2019 at 9:41 AM, WTP333 said:

has there been any legit talk of him being called up in the near future?

No.  In fact, there was the opposite.  As of 2-3 weeks ago, Rick Hahn said Robert likely wouldn't debut in the majors until 2020. 

7 minutes ago, The Man said:

No.  In fact, there was the opposite.  As of 2-3 weeks ago, Rick Hahn said Robert likely wouldn't debut in the majors until 2020. 

Source?

I understand that we must take into account what happened last year with Eloy, the situation is very similar. Leaving the fantasy context and thinking about money, there is no reason to get Luis Robert on the team and lose a year of control, the whitesox are out of competition.