fawkes_mulder

Luis Robert - OF - CHW

Also this from Longenhagen:

Josh Nelson: Saw your tweet from the White Sox hitters camp. Who impresses you the most from that group?

Eric A Longenhagen: It was Robert and it wasn’t close. Hit balls out to all fields during BP, more raw pop than anyone else taking BP on that field including Burger and Sheets.

16 hours ago, Light Tower Power said:

Also this from Longenhagen:

Josh Nelson: Saw your tweet from the White Sox hitters camp. Who impresses you the most from that group?

Eric A Longenhagen: It was Robert and it wasn’t close. Hit balls out to all fields during BP, more raw pop than anyone else taking BP on that field including Burger and Sheets.

more raw pop than Eloy as well? or was he just not there?

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Dark Kn19ht said:

more raw pop than Eloy as well? or was he just not there?

Meant to add this to the post, but I couldn't find it in the chat transcript.

But I followed live and he said that Eloy was on a different field, so no, not including Eloy.

On 1/18/2018 at 8:18 PM, Light Tower Power said:

Meant to add this to the post, but I couldn't find it in the chat transcript.

But I followed live and he said that Eloy was on a different field, so no, not including Eloy.

Robert interview begins around 31 minute mark. At around the 35 minute mark you will hear him really start talking about the below.

Longenhagen says he has one of the best physics in the minors. He's currently a plus runner, plus arm, projects to play CF, unbelievable power (better than Moncada, Burger and Sheets based on their batting practices that day). 60-65 raw power. Don't know yet on the hit tool until we see it. Tools on the Acuna and Tatis level. Expects him to start at the A-level, but could start in instructs for cultural assimilation.

https://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/fangraphs-audio-luis-robert-and-the-white-sox-covert-hitting-camp/

The more and more I read/hear the more I like what hes got going. Hes a bit further out than some of the other guys but hes got a great tool box to bring along and unlike some there arent any questions if he can stick defensively. 

supernaturally talented. not unlike Moncada. I think he'll be a top-3 overall B.A. prospect before it's said and done.

Physical tools are practically unmatched by anyone... ever.  But the jury is still out on his internal goods: if he's got the brain to match the body and quick twitch excellence.

Want to go ahead and state that Robert will be a top 5 prospect by the end of the year, and possibly top 3.  Little Guerrero, Tatis, and Bichette are the only three that can keep him from the top.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, GJDHouse said:

Want to go ahead and state that Robert will be a top 5 prospect by the end of the year, and possibly top 3.  Little Guerrero, Tatis, and Bichette are the only three that can keep him from the top.

Saw him in person, you are correct sir!

Kid is built like a tank, and runs like Hamilton (Billy, not Alexander).  Swing is calm...will be fascinating to see his approach this year as he advances up the minor league food chain.  Most estimates I have seen have a 2020 callup projection, but I think we see him earlier than that.  I think we see him the middle of next year.

• Like 1

since hes on a minor league deal hes bound by service time, right?

i can imagine seeing him in mid-2019 if they are contending but if not theres no way they start his clock before July 2020 right? i mean theyve already spent 50 million on him (with taxes/penalties) id think they would want to wring every dollar out of the back end of that deal

On 3/20/2018 at 6:47 AM, GJDHouse said:

Over Eloy too though?

Defintely over Eloy. More speed, premium position, better defender, and eloys approach leads to a lot of k’s. If Robert can come in around 15-20% k rate as opposed to eloys 20+% it will lead to much better overall numbers. 

4 minutes ago, GJDHouse said:

Defintely over Eloy. More speed, premium position, better defender, and eloys approach leads to a lot of k’s. If Robert can come in around 15-20% k rate as opposed to eloys 20+% it will lead to much better overall numbers. 

I think definitely is a stretch at this point. Eloy is a known quantity - Robert however is not. We have yet to see him above the DSL. If you want to say Robert has more upside I can get behind that, but you have to acknowledge the risk.

• Like 1

No doubt that robert carries more risk. Eloy has been around longer. That’s by Robert is currently 12-25 depending on what’s list you look a tough and Eloy is top 10. 

Once we see Robert is Single A for a month or two it is my opinion that he is going to launch up the lists. 

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/ct-spt-white-sox-carlos-rodon-rehab-notes-20180517-story.html

Outfield prospect Luis Robert also is inching closer to his season debut.

Robert also is at extended spring training at Camelback Ranch. Hahn expects Robert to join [High-A] Winston-Salem, but that will be determined by the amount of games he gets in at extended spring training.

“He’s hitting in cages, he’s doing defensive drills, and hopefully he’ll be playing in games down there by the end of the month,” Hahn said. “It depends how many extended games he gets in before the end of extended in determining where he goes first once he leaves Phoenix.”

Wouldn't be a bad idea to see what the Robert owner in your league is willing to sell for.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BxBOMBERs28 said:

He has to start playing in some games soon no?

Was just assigned to Low A. God have mercy on those kid pitchers for the next five games (when he'll then be promoted *my estimate):

• Like 1

My league isn't a dynasty league but has 2 NA slots in which we can carry minor leaguers. Right now I have Alonso and Urias in those slots, and I keep hoping for Urias to get promoted sooner than later so I can grab Roberts before anyone else in my league does. Lol. This dude is about to hurt some feelings in the lower minor leagues [insert evil grin here].

Edited by Flyman75