fawkes_mulder

Luis Robert - OF - CHW

2 hours ago, Dark Kn19ht said:

Are they going to move him up quickly through the ranks?

I imagine he'll be in AA by the end of the year. Possibly starting next season in AAA. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

After 3 Abs in his first game this year he is 1-3 with 2 RBIs for Kannapolis. Since he is the DH he prolly won't get promoted til he has some games in the field under his belt. I am hoping for a fast ascension at least to AA this year cause the White Sox already have him slated for the Arizona Fall league this winter.

So it begins:

Acquire him at all reasonable costs. He'll move quickly. I wouldn't be surprised with a Soto/Acuna blazing path. 

• Thanks 1

On 6/7/2018 at 6:34 AM, Fenamo said:

So it begins:

Acquire him at all reasonable costs. He'll move quickly. I wouldn't be surprised with a Soto/Acuna blazing path. 

There were some rumbles in Spring Training that he could force his way onto the big league club this September before the injury. I certainly think he'll get a promotion next year. He's got an Acuna skillset and I expect he'll blaze through the minors in a similar fashion. 

• Like 1

He played both games of todays doubleheader in centerfield which is the big news. He went 1-6 at the plate which puts his season average at 275. I expected he would play a game at DH or even sit a game out. I also think a promotion is coming soon now that he has shown he can play in the field everyday.

Robert is going to be a star.  Speed and power for days. Swing is solid. Will be in the bigs in 2019. 

Promoted to High A Winston Salem Dash. Hopefully he stays healthy and climbs quickly.

Robert went 4-6 on Thursday but has missed the last 3 games so hoping it is minor issue. He is not yet on the DL minor league report. 

Thumb sounds like it's still bothering him; DL stint sounds more precautionary than serious.

19 hours ago, Hanghow said:

Thumb sounds like it's still bothering him; DL stint sounds more precautionary than serious.

Out 4-8 weeks (I'd venture closer to 8 than 4 given that they'll likely be cautious with him due to a recurrence of the injury):

• Thanks 1

Apparently he ran full speed into a wall going after a flyball. One of those things that young players tend to stop doing after they figure out they're not immortal. 

Still, that's a lot of lost development time for him the last 2 years. Add in the injuries to Eloy, Hansen, Burger, Burdi, and Dunning and you've got the majority of the White Sox prized prospects battling injuries of some significance. Rick Hahn's got to be chewing his fingernails into dust. 

Just to update he has played 3 games in the AZ rookie league since coming off DL. he has gone 5 for 10 with 2 SBs. Hopefully he finds his way to a more yearly team soon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

he is back on Winston Salem Dash HI A team and leading off. Hopefully this time he can stay healthy and finally use those tools we drafted him highly for.

On 6/21/2018 at 4:45 PM, GJDHouse said:

Robert is going to be a star.  Speed and power for days. Swing is solid. Will be in the bigs in 2019. 

Robert's tools are off the charts. He is getting ranked almost favorably, but still a bit underrated imo. Could be a 30-25 guy by his third season. So explosive. But controlled. "Woah!" video game tools and I think the hit tool is good enough. Could become Mike Cameron worst case scenario, but I think he'll be more Carlos Gomez stats-wise. With a bananas ceiling of .285-100-30-90-30

Edited by RotoBird
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, RotoBird said:

Robert's tools are off the charts. He is getting ranked almost favorably, but still a bit underrated imo. Could be a 30-25 guy by his third season. So explosive. But controlled. "Woah!" video game tools and I think the hit tool is good enough. Could become Mike Cameron worst case scenario, but I think he'll be more Carlos Gomez stats-wise. With a bananas ceiling of .285-100-30-90-30

For me the comp's always been Acuna with more speed/defense and a little less pop. 

1 hour ago, GJDHouse said:

He speed is insane. Like Billy Hamilton fast around the bases. And doing it at 200 lbs. 

While hitting 450 foot bombs during BP. Hard to get super hyped on a guy who was played so little since being signed due to nagging injuries, but man the tools are drool-worthy. 

18 hours ago, RotoBird said:

I just watched his rehab training and realized he is more raw than I thought. Great tools but needs to keep weight back on stance/swing, also more potential contact issues than I thought. That 30-25 mark is insanely ambitious and I jumped the gun there. Let's see a 15-20 season first and go from there. I don't think he is Lewis Brinson, but he also isn't Ronald Acuna.    

• Like 1

Robert had a .324 avg with an .800 ops, wonder if they start him out in AA this year. 

Itd be interesting to see where he ends up in September if he does tear it up.

8 minutes ago, Steve gar said:

Robert had a .324 avg with an .800 ops, wonder if they start him out in AA this year. 

Itd be interesting to see where he ends up in September if he does tear it up.

I'm cautiously optimistic. He put up better numbers in the AFL and the strikeouts were at a very reasonable level. The Cubans usually have a big window during which they don't get game action and I think that was apparent with robert last year, between the on-field performance and injury issues. I'm hopeful the late showing in the fall league is more indicative of what's coming this season.

Love his tools, ability and upside. Hoping he lights it up this year and shows everybody how much power he has in his bat. 

• Like 1

On 3/20/2018 at 7:47 AM, GJDHouse said:

Want to go ahead and state that Robert will be a top 5 prospect by the end of the year, and possibly top 3.  Little Guerrero, Tatis, and Bichette are the only three that can keep him from the top.

So I was a little off on this prediction .... hahaha.  Injury plagued year dropped him a bit in the rankings, but most composites still have him in the low 20's due to potential.  I still love this guys makeup, and expect him to be a huge riser in the rankings if his health can hold up (that seems to be a huge IF).  White Sox love him, and I think they are aggressive in promoting him this year (not to the majors, but wouldn't shock me to see him get an early call to AA if he dominates in Single A ball).  

First game of the year and he his 2 homers and steals a base.  That is the raw potential that many people saw him in that he didn't demonstrate last year until Winter League (when not many people were watching).  He is one to watch for sure.

What's his anticipated timeline to the Show ?

10 hours ago, bigbossman said:

What's his anticipated timeline to the Show ?

Most sites say 2021, but he’s 21 now so I could see him being up middle-late next year if he kills it. 

• Thanks 1