fawkes_mulder

Luis Robert - OF - CHW

3 hours ago, bigbossman said:

I was going to chime in this reminds me of a young Andrew McCutcheon

Winner winner, get the man some chicken! 

Posted (edited)

Great chance for a peek @ this future 1'st round pick, along w/ all his diaper dandy pals. Game time in 45min, 4;00 PM (ET) Futures Game :wub:

Robert wins MVP... double/HR/SB & great play on D...

Gore makes people overpay willingly once they see him tonight...

Jo Jo smokes balls all over the field, looks like a man amongst boys...

Pache makes people feel like Anruw Jones has a son...

Trammell's athleticism jumps off the page, he proves worthy of a call up...

Wander shows good bat skills, but does nothing memorable...

Deivi makes people run to the WW and see if he's available...

Anderson overthrows, can't find zone other than a piped FB to Robert.

Edited by LarryChip10

On 7/8/2019 at 4:13 PM, terminator10 said:

He is faster than Billy Hamilton...that type of potential is must-stash even in redraft IMO

He won't be up this year. No reason in redraft.

22 minutes ago, steve9347 said:

He won't be up this year. No reason in redraft.

I don’t think he’ll provide enough value in redraft to stash but I disagree with you that he won’t be up this year. If he performs at AAA there’s definitely a possibility he gets a cup of Joe, imo.

being an international signing the white Sox gain no years by keeping him down next year. He is already past Super 2 this year and I doubt they keep him down next June to keep him another year from arbitration. Heck if Robert hits it big in arbitration it is because he did great in the majors. The White Sox tried to spend 300 million on Harper or machado so it would be much cheaper to let Robert do his thing and maybe lose 4 mill in arbitration in 3 years. Also it will be easier to recruit say Rendon if he can nestle between Robert, Rendon, Eloy, Moncado, AJ Reed.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, hailfire4 said:

being an international signing the white Sox gain no years by keeping him down next year. He is already past Super 2 this year and I doubt they keep him down next June to keep him another year from arbitration. Heck if Robert hits it big in arbitration it is because he did great in the majors. The White Sox tried to spend 300 million on Harper or machado so it would be much cheaper to let Robert do his thing and maybe lose 4 mill in arbitration in 3 years. Also it will be easier to recruit say Rendon if he can nestle between Robert, Rendon, Eloy, Moncado, AJ Reed.

What does being an international signing have to do with this? Why wouldn't they follow the same path they did with Eloy? Teams very rarely let prospects jump 4 levels in a single year. I suspect he'll get promoted to AAA at some point relatively soon and spend the remainder of the year there. In the spring they'll approach him with a long term offer and if he rejects it, he'll likely spend the 1st few weeks in the season until they gain an extra year of team control. Also if Robert becomes the star everyone thinks he will, the cost savings by following this path will be 15-25 million, not 4.

• Confused 1

13 minutes ago, meh2 said:

What does being an international signing have to do with this? Why wouldn't they follow the same path they did with Eloy? Teams very rarely let prospects jump 4 levels in a single year. I suspect he'll get promoted to AAA at some point relatively soon and spend the remainder of the year there. In the spring they'll approach him with a long term offer and if he rejects it, he'll likely spend the 1st few weeks in the season until they gain an extra year of team control. Also if Robert becomes the star everyone thinks he will, the cost savings by following this path will be 15-25 million, not 4.

He’s already been promoted to AAA.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, bjvance5 said:

He’s already been promoted to AAA.

Ha, you’re right. My uninformed post can be ignored.

• Haha 1

Not sure if they've technically/mathematically been eliminated, but fangraphs gives the Sox a 0% chance of making the playoffs. 

Why in the world would they bring him up before next season? Wishful thinking by fans, not logical thinking by those writing payroll checks. 

I also expect him to stay in the minors this year, but I did not think he would be in AAA this quickly either.  He has outperformed all expectations this year up to this point.

• Like 5

First game in Charlotte a SF and a grand slam. AAA seems to agree with Robert

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hailfire4 said:

2-3 with a SF 2 HR and 6 RBI

Make that 7 RBI

Ends the night with 3/5 with a SF, 2R, 2 HR, 7 RBI in his debut

black-guy-surprise-Caddyshack-boat-scene

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

And a video of the salami if anyone wanted it.  Made it look easy.

• Like 5

One of his outs was a warning track flyout btw. He's going to put up video game stats with the juiced ball and little league fields in the International League. 

Haha...I heard that too.  How can an announcer screw that up so bad.  His first game in AAA and he goes with Alcides Escobar of all people.  Not once, but a couple times.

• Haha 1

Didn't think he had a chance of a call up this year, but if he keeps this up he may force their hand.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, machine3 said:

Didn't think he had a chance of a call up this year, but if he keeps this up he may force their hand.

Same but I scooped him anyway...call me crazy but I think even if he doesn't see the field this year (which I think he will) he will on Opening Day, I think he's keeper worthy...the kid is so special ...Acuña Jr. type special...

Edited by dfstout

I just want to confess I was wrong about this guy. Weight has been lifted off my shoulders....

In all seriousness, the McCutchen comp I saw seems spot on. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Baur10 said:

And a video of the salami if anyone wanted it.  Made it look easy.

Seriously the announcer has one job to do and calls him Alcides Escobar the until he rounds 3rd.

28 minutes ago, hypeiz4real said:

I just want to confess I was wrong about this guy. Weight has been lifted off my shoulders....

In all seriousness, the McCutchen comp I saw seems spot on. 

Guy looks like he can reach greater heights than McCutchen ever did (and that's saying a lot).

On 3/20/2018 at 7:47 AM, GJDHouse said:

Want to go ahead and state that Robert will be a top 5 prospect by the end of the year, and possibly top 3.  Little Guerrero, Tatis, and Bichette are the only three that can keep him from the top.

Made this prediction last year but injuries got in the way.  I was just a year off.....