Fort4242

Golden Tate 2017 Outlook

Just now, this guy right here said:

That's not that big or a breakout. 

Was thinking the same thing.

Just now, this guy right here said:

Yeah I kind of thought the same after typing it out but I mean come on, that's still 20+ in PPR.  That's not big enough for you?  It's huge compared to his last two weeks.

7 minutes ago, JJ1223 said:

Yeah I kind of thought the same after typing it out but I mean come on, that's still 20+ in PPR.  That's not big enough for you?  It's huge compared to his last two weeks.

True. I own Stafford but am benching him for Keenum. Feel like the only way he gets that line is if Tate is the only guy he throws to all game. That game reeks of a

17-35 190yds stat line for Stafford.

24 minutes ago, this guy right here said:

24 minutes ago, cnewbykkn said:

Was thinking the same thing.

You cannot possibly complain about an 8 catch, 90 yard, 1 TD performance from a WR. Whether in a standard or PPR league, that is a very good performance. 

• Like 1

Just now, Corleone said:

You cannot possibly complain about an 8 catch, 90 yard, 1 TD performance from a WR. Whether in a standard or PPR league, that is a very good performance. 

Who said we were complaining? It was listed as "a breakout game" SMH

4 minutes ago, cnewbykkn said:

Who said we were complaining? It was listed as "a breakout game" SMH

It was also literally the only thing you surgically nitpicked out of an entire paragraph of analysis, meaning you contributed exactly 0.  So there's that.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, JJ1223 said:

Disclaimer: I am not a Tate owner, this is purely unbiased analysis.

Big breakout game incoming.  Lions backs are against the wall in what many view as a must-win game.  Tate is a smart, fiery player who really cares about team success so I can see him getting up for this game.  Jones is going to draw a lot of deep coverage from BAL DBs and I think it's going to open things up for Tate underneath.  His YAC is best in the league so we know he can turn those short routes in to big gains.  He and Stafford have a great rapport so after a couple of down weeks I can see Stafford looking his way early and often.

Prediction: 8/90/1

In a  must win game, wouldn't you think they go to their best player? Which this year has been Jones, NOT Tate.

Tate can "get up" as much as he wants - won't matter if Stafford makes horrible passes to him when he has to check out of his first read.

Baltimore ranks top5 vs slot WRs through wk12.

YAC doesn't matter until he has the ball in his hands.

Stafford clearly has a better rapport with Jones in 2017.

6 minutes ago, cnewbykkn said:

In a  must win game, wouldn't you think they go to their best player? Which this year has been Jones, NOT Tate.

Tate can "get up" as much as he wants - won't matter if Stafford makes horrible passes to him when he has to check out of his first read.

Baltimore ranks top5 vs slot WRs through wk12.

YAC doesn't matter until he has the ball in his hands.

Stafford clearly has a better rapport with Jones in 2017.

Tate has more targets and receptions.  Take your blinders off, dude.  The season is more than just the last two weeks.

2 minutes ago, JJ1223 said:

Tate has more targets and receptions.  Take your blinders off, dude.  The season is more than just the last two weeks.

Whats funny is recent history is what matters most.  Lets take the last 5 week since their bye.

Tate - 7.2 targets = 5.4 catches, 67yds and 0.2 TDs

Jones - 8.0 targets = 4.8 catches, 90.2yds and 0.8 TDs 

Now who has the blinders on? I'm no dude BTW, stay classy. :rolleyes:

• Thanks 1

Probably useless stats but stats are always fun; since the bye:

Tate- .167 targets per snap, .126 receptions per snap, 1.558 yards per snap, and .004 tds per snap-- 215 snaps

Jones- .131 targets per snap, .078 receptions per snap, 1.483 yards per snap, and .016 tds per snap-- 304 snaps

Tate had been being ultra efficient with his snaps after the bye but this last game he got his snap count back up and obviously didn't have a huge game.

36 minutes ago, cnewbykkn said:

Whats funny is recent history is what matters most.  Lets take the last 5 week since their bye.

Tate - 7.2 targets = 5.4 catches, 67yds and 0.2 TDs

Jones - 8.0 targets = 4.8 catches, 90.2yds and 0.8 TDs 

Now who has the blinders on? I'm no dude BTW, stay classy. :rolleyes:

I completely disagree that recent history matters most.  Anyone with any basic understanding of statistics will tell you that a larger sample size is always better, and a size of 5 data points is not enough to draw a conclusion.  Even using your hand-picked sample size, the difference in targets and recs is less than one!  But I can tell I'm not going to change your mind so I'll just leave it at this: to say Stafford clearly has a better rapport with Jones than Tate is simply untrue, and you will see it as the season wraps up. 

• Like 1

Anyone worried about Matt Stafford? May have to move Tate to the bench if Stafford sits.

9 minutes ago, WillyG said:

Anyone worried about Matt Stafford? May have to move Tate to the bench if Stafford sits.

if Stafford sits, tate is an absolute sit.

if Stafford plays - even at less than 100% - i'd roll with him

Stafford will play. Practiced again today. FWIW IMO the injured hand only helps Tate. He's going to rely on shorter more high percentage throws with less margin for error. This feels like a correction week to me

Hard to bench Tate in this matchup, but he's faily boom/bust. Pretty nice floor this week I'd say, unless the injury to Stafford is significant. 

1 hour ago, Joe Odam said:

Stafford will play. Practiced again today. FWIW IMO the injured hand only helps Tate. He's going to rely on shorter more high percentage throws with less margin for error. This feels like a correction week to me

This is what I was thinking as well. Hope it goes as planned. 

1 hour ago, WillyG said:

He a must start now? 

I'm thinking about rolling him out over Perine and Sterling Shepard.

We were very, very fortunate that he was on the receiving end of one of those TDs today. 

7 minutes ago, CamNewton said:

We were very, very fortunate that he was on the receiving end of one of those TDs today. 

Not sure why Tate's TD was any more fortunate than anyone else's... it looked like the play was designed for him.  He still had 8 for 85 even without a TD.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, WillyG said:

He a must start now? 

I only play in 12 and 14 team leagues.  I'm guessing you must be in quite shallow leagues if you have the luxury of considering benching Tate in the first week of the playoffs.  I would have been starting Tate even if Stafford wasn't playing, he's one of my top 2 options.

Edited by CooL

1 minute ago, CooL said:

I only play in 12 and 14 team leagues.  I'm guessing you must be in quite shallow leagues if you have the luxury of considering benching Tate in the first week of the playoffs.  I would have been starting Tate even if Stafford wasn't playing, he's one of my top 2 options.

Some of us have bye weeks and also tate like performers who can give u 20 on any random week.  it's the Tate floor that people want to avoid.

41 minutes ago, CooL said:

Some people can't think on their own and have to be spoon-fed answers. Even in the Thielan thread, there are people asking if they should start him or not, like really?

As a Detroit Homer and Tate fan/owner.....be careful with your expectations against Chicago. They have notoriously held him in check under Fox.