BlakeP42

2017 FF DYNASTY START UP

5 hours ago, vikingapocalypse said:

Id vote 6 teams in playoffs with byes personally 

Since weve been tossing around the idea of a free league, regular season leaders wouldnt really be rewarded for doing so well during the season. Always felt they should get a little some I.E a bye week. If were doing money, different story. Not like we should have a problem with this group, but it keeps alot more teams invested till the very end as well. No easy pick ups or easy wins.

Wait, this is a free league?

39 minutes ago, 96mnc said:

Also interested to know.

44 minutes ago, 96mnc said:

Nothing has been decided, but i think in the first post and our talks on the group chat it was floated around. Just throwing it out there in relation to the amount of playoff teams really, its probably something we should decide on soon as it will effect our planning

Ideas floated in group chat

$25 with vote on increasing next year

Free with vote on money next year

$50 straight up

Payment two years in advance to lock in owners

Any thoughts? 

@Lord_Varys @BlakeP42 @petekrum @JHM_13 @Winky @Packdog @Iron-cock @Impreza178 @Bartos

Edited by vikingapocalypse

I'm for as big a buy in as possible.

$250? 

Whatever u guys go with is fine, but i like some skin in a league that needs year round attention  

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

$250? 

Whatever u guys go with is fine, but i like some skin in a league that needs year round attention  

b3a8506a1b315804cd4b19d6a87287db.gif

All in big guy, there only fun coupons! Lol

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

$250? 

Prez is trying to fund his child's preschool, but I'm ok with a moderately priced with a 2 year entry. Good or bad I've never walked from a team so that's what I'm looking for.

• Like 2

I vote $25 to start.

That's a $300 pot.  We can do winner take all this year, just to keep make it interesting.  Or we can do something else, I really don't care how we split it.  This is for pride, mainly, for me.  And fun.  

Would not be opposed to upping the ante as soon as next year, if this league turns out to be as fun as the Rotoworld Forum Experts' League ©.

Edited by Lord_Varys
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Lord_Varys said:

I vote $25 to start.

That's a $300 pot.  We can do winner take all this year, just to keep make it interesting.  Or we can do something else, I really don't care how we split it.  This is for pride, mainly, for me.  And fun.  

Would not be opposed to upping the ante as soon as next year, if this league turns out to be as fun as the Rotoworld Forum Experts' League ©.

I'm ok with $25 but I do really like the 2 year commit. I'd suggest whatever dollar value we arrive at we set a schedule that keeps a year banked.

So as follows:

$25 for 2017, and $25 for 2018

predraft next year collect 2019

And so on...

its a security deposit year to year 

• Like 2

IDP- No 

one 12 team division 

13 game season, top 6 teams in with top two getting a bye

4 point  TDs for QBs

2 IR

Sorry guys, have been coordinating a relocation to Orlando. I'll pay more attention! Good with whatever is decided on league fee. 

• Like 1

I am open for whatever amount ($$) is selected.

I'll pay attention either way, but it will be tough to change the amount after year 1.

i vote free. if we do have it a cash league i like the 2 year lock and keep it cheap. my reasoning is... in my keeper leagues (mostly free) over the years i have seen the teams in the worst positions magically having to par down leagues (usually work or school) and, of course, the one with the stinky keepers has to go but then i see them joining redrafts all preseason. even in board leagues back on espn. i'm not saying anyone here would do this but i find it common. it then becomes a pain to find a replacement. prolly even harder to find one willing to pay for a rebuild project. to be fair people could have legit reasons for dropping and no one likes throwing away money. it's the main reason i shied away from dynasty all these years and only have a couple keeper leagues.

5 hours ago, Packdog said:

i vote free. if we do have it a cash league i like the 2 year lock and keep it cheap. my reasoning is... in my keeper leagues (mostly free) over the years i have seen the teams in the worst positions magically having to par down leagues (usually work or school) and, of course, the one with the stinky keepers has to go but then i see them joining redrafts all preseason. even in board leagues back on espn. i'm not saying anyone here would do this but i find it common. it then becomes a pain to find a replacement. prolly even harder to find one willing to pay for a rebuild project. to be fair people could have legit reasons for dropping and no one likes throwing away money. it's the main reason i shied away from dynasty all these years and only have a couple keeper leagues.

I tend to agree. 

the original idea when this was kicked around was this would be a free league.    The reasoning behind this was bc many joining this league have never been apart of a dynasty w/ devy.  Now that being said, i want this league to be one that everyone is happy with and i agree, cash leagues always keep owners attention. 

PackDog does bring up great points above regarding keeping this a free league, but my suggestion is if we make this a cash league, lets just keep the buy in to a  reasonable amount.  At least for the first couple of years. If by some chance we have owners bail at some point over the next few season's, i can find an owner for a $25 buy in to take over a team, i have zero doubts about that.  No matter how big a train wreck the roster may be.  Im in this for the long haul.  My hope is that you guys are as well.  I have seen owners give up on FREE leagues a lot also, simply bc there is nothing on the line.   I've also seen FF owners decline to join leagues bc they are free and not worth the time, so there are def two sides to the coin here on this topic.

My vote would be:  $25 buy in, but with a 2 season commitment as Bartos stated.  I'd even do $20-$25 buy in and simply pay season to season, if that makes owners more comfortable.  My opinion is this is a fair and reasonable amount to start with.  We can always up the buy in as well after year one or two, which ever we decide if we choose to go cash league.

I want everyone to state their opinion on this and if its a deal breaker either way, please let us know.  I can take your money or i can take your pride, either way, I'm playing and having fun :) and this original idea for a start up dynasty is supposed to be just that, FUN.

Edited by BlakeP42

VOTE:

1. Free League

2. $20 or $25 buy in, single season, pay season to season

3. $25 buy in, but a two year commitment, so $50 total per owner with the second year banked

We can discuss pay out and all that after we settle this issue of Free or cash

My VOTE IS #3

Edited by BlakeP42
  • Like 1

I could go with any of the 3 options but i'll vote for #3

• Like 1

guess I'll have to beat my money out of Pete $25 at a time :D

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

guess I'll have to beat my money out of Pete $25 at a time :D

I'm gonna cloud up and rain all over you.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BlakeP42 said:

VOTE:

1. Free League

2. $20 or $25 buy in, single season, pay season to season

3. $25 buy in, but a two year commitment, so $50 total per owner with the second year banked

We can discuss pay out and all that after we settle this issue of Free or cash

My VOTE IS #3

I vote for #3

• Like 1

Votes:

Blake - Option 3 

Pete - free 

Cory  - Option 3 

IC - free 

Blonde - baller $$ but sounds like option 3

LV - Option 3 

Bartos  - Option 3 

mnc - $$$$

Winky -$$

JHM - Option 3 

Prez - Option 3 

Packdog - free 

• Like 1

thanks Bartos for making the count on these votes

Looks like cash league is majority by a good amount.  Option 3 leading the pack

Is this a complete deal breaker for anyone??