BlakeP42

2017 FF DYNASTY START UP

Not a deal breaker for me I'm good with cash or free league 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BlakeP42 said:

thanks Bartos for making the count on these votes

Looks like cash league is majority by a good amount.  Option 3 leading the pack

Is this a complete deal breaker for anyone??

How are you collecting the money?

Just now, Iron-cock said:

How are you collecting the money?

How ever everyone feels would be the safest way possible I'm fine with. I figured that would be discussed in detail as well.  I def don't have to be the treasurer if this league idea continues forward.  I want this league to be basically run and or operated with everyone having a say along the way.  I just wanted to see what every one's thoughts were on cash vs free first, then i figure we would see who wants to hang around and who or how the money can be best trusted to be held.

@Iron-cock if  you have a suggestion or if you would like to be apart of holding the funds i would have no issue with it.  Maybe we come up with an idea to have you and someone like Prez co treasurer the funds

3 minutes ago, BlakeP42 said:

@Iron-cock if  you have a suggestion or if you would like to be apart of holding the funds i would have no issue with it.  Maybe we come up with an idea to have you and someone like Prez co treasurer the funds

Yahoo collects and holds funds for free.  Just saying.

Just now, Iron-cock said:

Yahoo collects and holds funds for free.  Just saying.

yea i do like that part of yahoo and it worked well for our 14 team league. That is no doubt the easiest solution to this cash league, granted I'm not sure how it all works if we do the 2 year up front pay in advance thing.  Im not sure about how the year end payout would work vs the remaining funds that would be banked for year 2. 

I just have ZERO experience with yahoo and dynasty so i just don't know much about the flexibility of it all.  Like i said previously, the main issue i hated last season in our 14 team was not being able to have league power to adjust playoff brackets if we are doing the final playoff spot open for total PF.  Seems bunk to LM a league you can't revise in season.  That being said, if someone that does play Yahoo dynasty like @Winky can shed some light and give his opinion on yahoo dynasty i'd be welcome to hear it all.

Like i said, I'm not running this league, WE all are, IMO, and I'm hoping to have a few helping hands across this league to help monitor many things during the season and off season

To be honest, since the cash vote went through, if its just as easy to pay year to year, i honestly have zero issue with that.  We can all talk about this being a two year commitment with cash up front, but in reality its a year to year game.  Owners either want to return the next year, or they don't.  If they don't, no worries, i can replace anyone from year to year at a $25 buy in.   So while many voted for option #3/ pay for two seasons in advance / $25 per year, we can still do this anyway that works best for everyone.  

The year to year $25 buy in may work best if this shifts to yahoo to hold funds.  Im not sure i trust yahoo to hold money for this season, and banked money for next.  Yahoo's banking system may be year to year LOL.  

Anyone with more Yahoo league experience i'd like to hear your thoughts, esp if you play in a cash yahoo dynasty currently

I can't really endorse Yahoo as better or worse than other sites.

I just know my leagues are run well and they re-open every year without a hitch in carrying rosters over.

I do not commish those leagues, so I am not clear on the legwork that goes in to making it what we wanted... probably not different than the others.

I do know that manager emails are listed which simplifies trade talk, but we can also use PM here for that stuff.

I have had leagues on ESPN for years, just not dynasties.

ESPN works fine, as well... I do not recall the message board being any good on ESPN, but, again, we can always come here.

As far as money goes, I am fine if one of our league mates wants to hold the cash and pay it out at year-end.

Everyone in this league is petty much a RW regular, and noticeably all pretty even-keeled people, as well.

Based on that, I am not worried about anyone walking off into retirement with my $25.

I've have not used league-safe or Yahoo or any others in the past, so can't really endorse any of those.

Sorry for all this useless feedback... <_< 

Edited by Winky
  • Like 2

My official vote is 3. I say we paypal friends & family the $$$ to someone in the league. Just not me. :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Winky said:

I can't really endorse Yahoo as better or worse than other sites.

I just know my leagues are run well and they re-open every year without a hitch in carrying rosters over.

I do not commish those leagues, so I am not clear on the legwork that goes in to making it what we wanted... probably not different than the others.

I do know that manager emails are listed which simplifies trade talk, but we can also use PM here for that stuff.

I have had leagues on ESPN for years, just not dynasties.

ESPN works fine, as well... I do not recall the message board being any good on ESPN, but, again, we can always come here.

As far as money goes, I am fine if one of our league mates wants to hold the cash and pay it out at year-end.

Everyone in this league is petty much a RW regular, and noticeably all pretty even-keeled people, as well.

Based on that, I am not worried about anyone walking off into retirement with my $25.

I've have not used league-safe or Yahoo or any others in the past, so can't really endorse any of those.

Sorry for all this useless feedback... <_< 

thanks Winky, its helpful to at least hear your experience with yahoo i'd be fine with everyone voting or agreeing upon a treasurer to hold the cash for year end pay out.  I just want to do what everyone will feel comfortable with.  Im a pretty trusting person and I've talked with many that are coming aboard this league for awhile now, so overall its not an issue for me as to who holds the money.  I do understand making sure we have a sure fire plan though to do so.

40 minutes ago, mrblonde1984 said:

My official vote is 3. I say we paypal friends & family the $$$ to someone in the league. Just not me. :)

i'd be too afraid your friend commish would hack your account and burn it ALL LOL!!!!!

you ever see your winnings in that league?

Edited by BlakeP42

I have no problem with paypal. Gives us the freedom to prepay next year if we want, + quick payouts etc. As @Winky said im not to worried about 25 dollars. Im even less worried someone here would walk off with it anyways

• Like 1

if we stick to espn we can just paypal it like the playoff challenge. most of us prolly are already linked into the one prez set up for that. maybe he could act as treasurer again. i love leaguesafe but i know a lot don't like the small fee (i usually escape it by maintaining a balance but i'll have to pay it this year). if we do yahoo payouts i think we have to not have pts for for the final spot in a long term league. almost got messed up in our other league but lucky it worked out after the first round. coulda been messy 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BlakeP42 said:

thanks Winky, its helpful to at least hear your experience with yahoo i'd be fine with everyone voting or agreeing upon a treasurer to hold the cash for year end pay out.  I just want to do what everyone will feel comfortable with.  Im a pretty trusting person and I've talked with many that are coming aboard this league for awhile now, so overall its not an issue for me as to who holds the money.  I do understand making sure we have a sure fire plan though to do so.

i'd be too afraid your friend commish would hack your account and burn it ALL LOL!!!!!

you ever see your winnings in that league?

I got paid. Trust me, when it comes to cash I will go full Mr. Blonde on someone.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, mrblonde1984 said:

I got paid. Trust me, when it comes to cash I will go full Mr. Blonde on someone.

Nice!! gotta get after their throat sometimes.  

@vikingapocalypse  @Packdog  I'm with ya, i would be fine with doing the ESPN league with paypal, maybe have @Impreza178 hold the cash for distribution later

what you think @Iron-cock

Edited by BlakeP42

1 hour ago, BlakeP42 said:

Nice!! gotta get after their throat sometimes.  

@vikingapocalypse  @Packdog  I'm with ya, i would be fine with doing the ESPN league with paypal, maybe have @Impreza178 hold the cash for distribution later

what you think @Iron-cock

Yep.  Might as well send the money to the winner now,  save the trouble of moving it later :D

• Like 1

ha!! good on ya Prez

Edited by BlakeP42

4 hours ago, BlakeP42 said:

The year to year $25 buy in may work best if this shifts to yahoo to hold funds.  Im not sure i trust yahoo to hold money for this season, and banked money for next.  Yahoo's banking system may be year to year LOL. 

Yahoo might eventually do something other than what they're doing now (holding your money for free is basically costing them money).  That said they're not going away, and fantasy football is probably one of the few parts of yahoo that is  profitable.

Anyone know if Verizon got Yahoo FF as part of the deal?

19 hours ago, mrblonde1984 said:

My official vote is 3.

auction-sold-sign.jpg

Looks like option 3 is the winner

What its looking like so far:

.5 PPR

No IDP

Traditional Waivers

One Big Division

6 playoff teams with byes

4 PT QB TDS

25$ a year with 2 year pre pay. Paypal with Prez holding money.

Still in flux:

IR spots, 1 2 or 3.   3 currently winning

Last playoff spot to highest remaining point total, regardless of record.

ESPN or Yahoo?   ESPN seems to have lead.

Lineup:

1)QB, RB, RB WR, WR, FLEX, FLEX  

OR

2)+1 WR - 1 FLEX

OR

3)+WR.

Roster size. 16, 18, 20?

Other possible discussions:

Return Yards?

No DEF or K?

Commish only veto?

Please add if u can think of any

My answers:

IR 3 spots

Yes to last remining playoff spot for points

Lineup option 1, roster size 18

ESPN

No return yards

Impartial on def or K

Commish veto only.

• Like 1

ESPN works

Lineup: QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, FLEX, FLEX, DEF...

I'd like to go deeper than this, but not enough to rock the boat... just a fan of ultra deep leagues.

Return Yards? NO

No DEF or K? DEF or neither

Commish only veto? YES

*9-10 starting rosters with a 13 man bench (with no IR)

*Max QBs from 4 different NFL teams... have seen people hoard QBs early in start-ups to force trades for future picks, etc... it's a long term strategy, but strikes me as kinda weenie... 

*Taxi Squad: Would like a vet draft and then a rookie draft for this season...

Drafted rookies go to a taxi squad until that owner is ready to move them to his active roster (forcing a cut)... if our rookie draft is 4 rounds, then a 4 man taxi squad...only players drafted can be on the taxi squad... no trading for rookies and putting them on taxi... also once a rookie is moved to the active roster they cannot return to the taxi squad.

• Like 1

Looking great @vikingapocalypse

I'll take the 2 Wr 2 Flex lineup option

18/20 man roster with taxi squad- good idea @Winky

espn

no return 

no idp

Yes defense and kicker (yes it's boring but part of the game imo)

last playoff spot is record based 

2 man IR

commish only veto-  or 3 wise men committee.  If you aren't familiar with this it's the commish and 2 yearly rotating members.

Edited by Impreza178
  • Like 1

On 6/3/2017 at 11:14 AM, vikingapocalypse said:

Still in flux:

IR spots, 1 2 or 3.   3 currently winning

Last playoff spot to highest remaining point total, regardless of record.

ESPN or Yahoo?   ESPN seems to have lead.

Lineup:

OR

2)+1 WR - 1 FLEX

OR

3)+WR.

Roster size. 16, 18, 20?

Return Yards?

No DEF or K?

Commish only veto?

Please add if u can think of any

imma vote for record based last playoff spot as i often get the wrong end of that (same with multiple divisions) so, if that passes, my early prediction is i get screwed by being the pts leader missing the playoffs. just how it works for me

i like #1 for lineup

no return yards

imma say no def and kicker since it's a dynasty. my first but having such a streamable spot seems to defeat the purpose for me

commish veto is fine

• Like 1

On 6/3/2017 at 10:14 AM, vikingapocalypse said:

IR spots, 1 2 or 3.   3 currently winning    i vote 2 IR spots

Last playoff spot to highest remaining point total, regardless of record.  Agree with this, this is my vote

ESPN or Yahoo?   ESPN seems to have lead. ESPN

Lineup:

OR

2)+1 WR - 1 FLEX                                 <<<my vote here is option #1 with the Flex flex

OR

3)+WR.

Roster size. 16, 18, 20?                    i vote for 20 roster spots

Return Yards?  Hell NO

No DEF or K? I'm fine either way, but i will vote to keep both.

Commish only veto? yes, No doubt

On 6/5/2017 at 10:58 PM, Winky said:

*Max QBs from 4 different NFL teams... have seen people hoard QBs early in start-ups to force trades for future picks, etc... it's a long term strategy, but strikes me as kinda weenie... 

Drafted rookies go to a taxi squad until that owner is ready to move them to his active roster (forcing a cut)... if our rookie draft is 4 rounds, then a 4 man taxi squad...only players drafted can be on the taxi squad... no trading for rookies and putting them on taxi... also once a rookie is moved to the active roster they cannot return to the taxi squad.

Max QB idea at 4:  i agree with this idea

Taxi Squad: my original thought would be, the first draft would take place that includes the entire current NFL player pool including rookies in the NFL. The roster size will need to fit the idea of both drafts, so that we can have a rookie draft and add those players once drafted.

Once that is complete, we will follow that up with a 3 or 5 round DEVY draft, which will be a draft to pick ONLY players that are remaining in college, or as deep as HS players if you so choose.  These players are the only ones that can remain in the taxi, if you pick a prospect and he declares the following year, then gets drafted, the owner who owns that player will then have to move them to their active roster to start the season, or you can simply drop that prospect at that time if you don't want them anymore. .  This will make for some tough decisions at the start of each season and cuts from each owners rosters, but usually, there is always fat to trim.  

I don't agree with the idea of keeping current rostered NFL rookies in a taxi.  You can choose to drop them, or add them to your team once they declare, but drops will be required to fit within the roster number limitations.

its my opinion that in a DEVY, the taxi is for those players only.

@petekrum  what are your thoughts on the taxi?

On 6/3/2017 at 10:14 AM, vikingapocalypse said:

IR spots, 1 2 or 3.   3 currently winning    i vote 2 IR spots

Last playoff spot to highest remaining point total, regardless of record.  Agree with this, this is my vote

ESPN or Yahoo?   ESPN seems to have lead. ESPN

Lineup:

OR

2)+1 WR - 1 FLEX                                 <<<my vote here is option #1 with the Flex flex

OR

3)+WR.

Roster size. 16, 18, 20?                    i vote for 20 roster spots

Return Yards?  Hell NO

No DEF or K? I'm fine either way, but i will vote to keep both.

Commish only veto? yes, No doubt

On 6/5/2017 at 10:58 PM, Winky said:

i listed my VOTES on additional items in RED above

Max QB idea at 4:  i agree with this idea

Taxi Squad: my original thought would be, the first draft would take place that includes the entire current NFL player pool including rookies in the NFL

Once that is complete, we will follow that up with a 3 or 5 round DEVY draft, which will be a draft to pick ONLY players that are remaining in college, or as deep as HS players if you so choose.  These players are the only ones that can remain in the taxi, if you pick a prospect and he declares the following year, then gets drafted, the owner who owns that player will then have to move them to their active roster to start the season, or you can simply drop that prospect at that time if you don't want them anymore. .  This will make for some tough decisions at the start of each season and cuts from each owners rosters, but usually, there is always fat to trim.  

I don't agree with the idea of keeping current rostered NFL rookies in a taxi.  You can choose to drop them, or add them to your team once they declare, but drops will be required to fit within the roster number limitations.

its my opinion that in a DEVY, the taxi is for those players only.

@petekrum  what are your thoughts on the taxi?

Edited by BlakeP42
  • Like 1

No action here lately. Between a new job and moving to different states I haven't paid as much attention, just making sure I haven't missed anything