BlakeP42

2017 FF DYNASTY START UP

Bartos is voting Option A as well

VOTE A:  MAJORITY LEAGUE VOTE / 8 TOTAL VOTES NEEDED REPRESENTING 2/3 OF THE LEAGUE DETERMINES THE TANKING RULE

ALREADY VOTED:  CORY, PETE, LUC,  BLAKE, PREZ, BARTOS

VOTE B:   UNANIMOUS LEAGUE VOTE DETERMINES THE TANKING RULE

Looks like Option A is running away with it

VOTE A:  MAJORITY LEAGUE VOTE / 8 TOTAL VOTES NEEDED REPRESENTING 2/3 OF THE LEAGUE DETERMINES THE TANKING RULE

• Like 1

A

Option A wins it, this rule will take effect for the 2018 season ahead.

• Like 1

When do we draft? 

giphy.gif

• Like 1

@petekrum @Lord_Varys @Iron-cock @vikingapocalypse @Packdog @Winky @Bartos @Impreza178 @96mnc @JHM_13 @mrblonde1984

I will start by saying that I'm only human, this is my first real run at being the LM of a dynasty, and may you all have mercy on my poor tired soul here.   I have spent the past few days trying to make sure our offseason dynasty schedule is correct and after consulting with a few other dynasty LM's i know, plus a few in the league including Kevin who has a lot of dynasty experience, i realized i have the order in which we need to proceed incorrect.  I greatly apologize for this.  This isn't an earth shattering change coming here, but its def not what we had planned going back to last season when we put this all together.  

It occurred to me the other night that the very last thing we should be doing is our "2018 Roster Keeper Lock Date".  That date is currently set  for June 1st, we then were going to do the draft a week later. That won't work bc if we select our official keepers through each owners team page, its going to cause big problems with add/drops after the DEVY draft when owners choose incoming rookies that are undrafted or even veteran players that are undrafted.

So, after taking a lot of time to think this through, and based off the advice/suggestions from the LM's i've talked to, this is what is going to happen.

1. As of today, I have opened up the ESPN FA Player pool. Each owner will have between now and the Devy Draft start date to add your incoming rookies and make your corresponding drops to get your roster within the 25 roster spots. 

2. Next,  i have made the decision not to discuss, vote, or move up the DEVY draft date significantly.  I know this won't please everyone, but its what i've decided to do and i think it will be just fine.  We are now doing the DEVY draft starting FRIDAY, JUNE 1ST, at 8a.m., eastern. That is one month from now and i feel its best. We all can hang in there one month and get fully prepared with our rankings and roster choices.

3. After the DEVY draft is completed, owners that have drafted current NFL rookies or veteran players during the devy draft will then need to add those players to their active rosters through the ESPN FA Player Pool.  Take note that if you enter the DEVY draft with 25 total players, then you choose an active rookie or veteran players during the DEVY, you have to drop someone from your active roster in order to make your adds and stay within the 25 roster limitation. We don't have to do this during the DEVY draft.  We will make these roster moves once its completed.

4. After the DEVY draft is complete and rookies/veterans drafted are added from the player pool, i will close down the player pool  and change the system back to FAAB.  ALL remaining players undrafted go to FAAB and will remain there until the start of the season. This is non negotiable.   

5. Lastly,  our Final move is to set our 2018 Keepers.  This is basically the roster we know we want to roll in with to start the year.  The "2018 Keeper Lock Date" has now been moved to August 15th, which is just a few weeks into the preseason.  This will lock everyone's active roster into place, then we rock and roll starting week 1 of the NFL regular season from there.

Couple of NOTES:

1. I will be revising the DEVY taxi rosters in the espn thread after all rookie adds are made by each owner.  If you are not bringing aboard one of your taxi devy players, please state that in the ESPN taxi thread so that it is acknowledge and that player will remain in the site player pool in free agency.  Please only add your incoming rookies.

2.  I will be adding all new DEVY taxi players to each owners teams after the devy draft is completed.

Please leave any feedback you guys have regarding any of this.  I feel that everything i've put into place above is correct and its the way this league should be handled moving forward.  Once again, i apologize for the error here and if you guys want to flog and ridicule me in the chat over this i understand :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Another Quick Note:  The espn player pool isn't technically open just yet.  It won't allow adds until the draft is completed, but since we are going an offline draft I'm trying to work past it so that adds can be made.  I should have it figured out shortly

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, BlakeP42 said:

1. As of today, I have opened up the ESPN FA Player pool. Each owner will have between now and the Devy Draft start date to add your incoming rookies and make your corresponding drops to get your roster within the 25 roster spots.

Just tried, and ESPN says we can't add players to our rosters until after the draft.

Edit: Nevermind, ignore me.

Edited by Lord_Varys