Iron-cock

Community Draft Masters/Bestball Teams 2017

I  need to log in more regularly on the weekends.  I could have done one yesterday.  Keep me tagged in these!  Thanks.

On 6/25/2017 at 1:49 PM, Impreza178 said:

Rotoworld Sunday Funday Draft

PPR Auction Draftmasters  9pm ET

open for signups- get in quickly as this is a public league

rtsports.com

head over to the draft lobby

@Iron-cock

@vikingapocalypse

@mrblonde1984

@Lord_Varys

@96mnc

@BlakeP42

@Tyler Durden

@mmcc1029

@Elwood333

@1972Miamidolphins

@Winky

@WEIL3R

Short notice, but I have one up tonight at 8PM if anyone is interested. 

58 minutes ago, Iron-cock said:

Short notice, but I have one up tonight at 8PM if anyone is interested. 

Pushed back to 8:30.  One open spot.

Not sure if I can at 8PM EST.  Might be able to hit a later one, depends when cocktavious goes to bed.

7 minutes ago, Iron-cock said:

Not sure if I can at 8PM EST.  Might be able to hit a later one, depends when cocktavious goes to bed.

Make it if u can.    I already promised Lucius we could start by 8

The Axe Elf Invitational.

Guess what?  You're invited!

$20 Auction Draft Masters league at 9:00pm EDT tonight on RTSports.

Be there, or save $20...

5 hours ago, Axe Elf said:

The Axe Elf Invitational.

Guess what?  You're invited!

$20 Auction Draft Masters league at 9:00pm EDT tonight on RTSports.

Be there, or save $20...

The stars aligned to give me some fantastic prices on some of my favorite targets, making my Axe Elf Invitational team one of my finest Draft Masters of the season.  In case you've never done one, these are 10 team PPR best-ball leagues, starting 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1R/W/T, 1K (team), 1D/ST...

QB:  Eli Manning (8) $5, Brian Hoyer (11) $1

RB:  Jordan Howard (9) $38, Ezekiel Elliott (6) $35, Marshawn Lynch (10) $26, Darren Sproles (10) $1, Dion Lewis (9) $1

WR:  Michael Thomas (5) $34, Allen Robinson (8) $12, Larry Fitzgerald (8) $12, Kelvin Benjamin (11) $10, Donte Moncrief (11) $2, Robby Anderson (11) $2

TE:  Zack Ertz (10) $8, Delanie Walker (8) $5, Jason Witten (6) $1

K:  Detroit Lions (7) $2, Indianapolis Colts (11) $1

D/ST:  Atlanta Falcons (5) $1, Philadelphia Eagles (10) $1

Remaining:  $2

Once again, the suspension discount on Elliott allowed me to shoehorn him into a lineup that features two other stud RBs along with occasional PPR beasts Sproles and Lewis--I don't even have to figure out which weeks to start them!  Once Elliott gets back?  Fuhgeddaboudit!

I wasn't really intending to pay that much for Manning.  I was axually targeting Stafford and Manning, but wanted to pay something like $5 for Stafford and $3 for Manning--but someone was bidding so quickly on Manning I thought they were committed, and wanted to try to make them go to $6--but I got him for $5.  So then I couldn't afford Stafford, but Hoyer's been slinging the rock pretty well for a team that should be garbage time producers.  Besides, if Manning is going to be able to support three fantasy-relevant WRs and a TE, he may end up being pretty good.

I did get a stud WR to go with my stud RBs, and then four other guys who should be among the top 15ish or so at the position--and I like Robby Anderson's chances of posting two or three big games on the season as well.  Three of my WRs share a Week 11 bye--but at least it's the BOTTOM three; I'll still have Thomas, Robinson and Fitz that week to post two starter scores and possibly a flex.

I could end up getting some flex scores from time to time from one of my TEs, too--they ranked #5, #6 and #11 last season.  I was kind of hoping for Doyle, but as the draft dwindled, I could see that a couple of people were saving for their TEs and I probably couldn't beat them, so when I got Walker for $5, I was like "Good enough!"  (In fact, Doyle went for $5 later, so I would have had to spend at least $6 to get him.)

I don't know why I bid $2 on the Lions' Kicker, other than that I have been targeting Prater this season about as much as anyone can target a Kicker, so I was kind of annoyed when his nomination came out early.  Figured I'd either punish the guy and make him pay $3 for his K if he wanted him that bad--or I would get him.  I got him, and I still had $2 left over at the end of the draft, so it din't really cost me anything.

Falcons are supposedly a defense on the rise, and the Eagles always seem to find a way to be opportunistic with turnovers and defensive scores.

I should win by 400.

Edited by Axe Elf

This is a garbage for a 10 team league, heck I think it's trash for a 12 to be quite honest. Outside of Thomas/Howard and Zeke your team is pretty dismal. Makes sense why you're playing in 20 dollar leagues.

5 minutes ago, CrastersCreep said:

This is a garbage for a 10 team league, heck I think it's trash for a 12 to be quite honest. Outside of Thomas/Howard and Zeke your team is pretty dismal. Makes sense why you're playing in 20 dollar leagues.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Oh man, you just can't make this stuff up...

7 minutes ago, Axe Elf said:

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Oh man, you just can't make this stuff up...

You're a total joke on this site.

In case you missed it I'll enter any league any sized buy in, and I'll gladly put up a minimum of $500 to bet on the site (we can use escrow or a 3rd party) on most points scored.

you game?

26 minutes ago, CrastersCreep said:

You're a total joke on this site.

In case you missed it I'll enter any league any sized buy in, and I'll gladly put up a minimum of $500 to bet on the site (we can use escrow or a 3rd party) on most points scored.

you game?

I already posted a link to a league in the other thread.  Join up or shoo.

17 minutes ago, Axe Elf said:

I already posted a link to a league in the other thread.  Join up or shoo.

Right. Exactly what I thought.

Just when I think I couldn't possibly do any better, I do.  It's like there's no end to my fantasy football excellence, because I can always be just a little bit better than I was before.

QB:  Joe Flacco (10) $1, Brian Hoyer (11) $1

RB:  Jay Ajayi (11) $39, Ezekiel Elliott (6) $25, Marshawn Lynch (10) $21, Doug Martin (11) $18, Terrance West (10) $6

WR:  T.Y. Hilton (11) $23, Allen Robinson (8) $14, Larry Fitzgerald (8) $13, Pierre Garcon (11) $12, Corey Davis (8) $3, Robby Anderson (11) $2

TE:  Kyle Rudolph (9) $9, Jason Witten (6) $3, Austin Seferian-Jenkins (11) $1

K:  Detroit Lions (7) $1, Arizona Cardinals (8) $1

D:  New England Patriots (9) $2, Philadelphia Eagles (10) $2

Remaining:  $0

I've got Ajayi, Lynch and West for three weeks, and then I get Martin back.  Then nobody has a bye until after Zeke gets back.  I'll have Zeke, Ajayi and Martin in Week 10 and Zeke, Lynch and West in Week 11; other than that, Weeks 8, 9, 12, 13, 14, 15 and 16 I'll be full strength baby!

I should be able to milk 2 or 3 respectable scores from my WR corps each week, and I'm above average at TE as well.

I'm liking the pairing of the opportunistic Eagles D with the Patriots D--who play the Jets, Bills and Dolphins twice each!

QBs, meh, I've got two, on teams that should be throwing a lot.  Good enough.

I should win by 500.

this how you do it, elf. no wonder you win nothing

QB Wilson, R. SEA-6 $5 RB Johnson, D. ARI-8 $60
RB Ajayi, Jay MIA-11 $27 WR Green, A.J. CIN-6 $40
WR Baldwin, D. SEA-6 $18 TE Brate, C. TAM-11 $2
K Chiefs, K. KAN-10 $1 D/ST Vikings, M. MIN-9 $2
Flex Robinson JAC-8 $17
Bench Slots (11 of 11)
BE Johnson, D. CLE-9 $6 BE Parker, D. MIA-11 $6
BE Stafford DET-7 $2 BE Henry, H. LAC-9 $2
BE Jackson TAM-11 $2 BE Prosise, C. SEA-6 $2
BE White, James NWE-9 $2 BE Britt, Kenny CLE-9 $2
BE Cobb, R. GNB-8 $2 BE Saints, N. NOR-5 $1
BE Panthers CAR-11 $1

10 hours ago, Packdog said:

this how you do it, elf. no wonder you win nothing

QB Wilson, R. SEA-6 $5 RB Johnson, D. ARI-8 $60
RB Ajayi, Jay MIA-11 $27 WR Green, A.J. CIN-6 $40
WR Baldwin, D. SEA-6 $18 TE Brate, C. TAM-11 $2
K Chiefs, K. KAN-10 $1 D/ST Vikings, M. MIN-9 $2
Flex Robinson JAC-8 $17
Bench Slots (11 of 11)
BE Johnson, D. CLE-9 $6 BE Parker, D. MIA-11 $6
BE Stafford DET-7 $2 BE Henry, H. LAC-9 $2
BE Jackson TAM-11 $2 BE Prosise, C. SEA-6 $2
BE White, James NWE-9 $2 BE Britt, Kenny CLE-9 $2
BE Cobb, R. GNB-8 $2 BE Saints, N. NOR-5 $1
BE Panthers CAR-11 $1

Holy crap, how did you get Ajayi for $27???  Did you do this back in May or something?  ::: jealous :::

Makes me feel better that you're only sporting Duke Johnson, James White and Prosise after DJ and Ajayi, though; that's at least 2 weeks you'll be down to 1 functioning RB--and of course any other weeks that DJ or Ajayi throw up a stinker.  I'll take my unit of Elliott, Ajayi, Lynch, Martin and West against this bunch any day.

Our WRs are about a push; we each have Robinson, you have Green and Baldwin, I have Hilton and Fitz, all of which should still be top tennish again this year.  Behind them we both have two guys who should be the #1 targets on their own teams--Garcon and Anderson for me, Parker and Britt for you.  I like the potential big-play ability of my Corey Davis; you like the big-play potential of your DeSean Jackson.  I don't know if Cobb will add much for you, but I think you probly should have invested in a third TE rather than a seventh WR.

Cameron Brate and Hunter Henry just can't stand up against my Rudolph, Witten and ASJ.  K's and D's, meh, we both have two.  I probly think mine are better and you probly think yours are better, so whatev.

You probly win at QB, but all QBs are so close anyway, I doubt if I'll lose more than a couple of points a week to you at the position.  I will more than make that up at RB and TE.

It's a nice try, but ultimately, your lack of depth will doom you to a 4th place finish--looking up at the Kakorrhaphiophobiaxe.