Light Tower Power

Yordan Alvarez 1B HOU

Recommended Posts

16 hours ago, Sine_cera said:

 

 

 

Just ridiculous, thanks for sharing! It's early, but damn this kids bat may trump Tuckers. It's a 1B vs OF argument though so that's tough to evaluate.. What he's done at 20 years old in AA vs what Tucker did at 20 in AA...

 

Alvarez 

ABs: 134, HRs: 9, RBI: 36, SB: 5, .328/.387/.597 

 

Tucker 

ABs: 287, HRs: 16, RBI:47, SB: 8, .265/.325/.512

 

Tucker has double the ABs, so obviously it's not a completely fair comparison.. but it's still fun to look at and dream on. 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JenksDodger said:

 

Just ridiculous, thanks for sharing! It's early, but damn this kids bat may trump Tuckers. It's a 1B vs OF argument though so that's tough to evaluate.. What he's done at 20 years old in AA vs what Tucker did at 20 in AA...

 

Alvarez 

ABs: 134, HRs: 9, RBI: 36, SB: 5, .328/.387/.597 

 

Tucker 

ABs: 287, HRs: 16, RBI:47, SB: 8, .265/.325/.512

 

Tucker has double the ABs, so obviously it's not a completely fair comparison.. but it's still fun to look at and dream on. 

 

 

You forgot to add 3 homers to Alvarez's line. 1hr tonight (game ongoing) and 2 hr that happened, but didn't count in 4 at bats (rain out on 6-16).

 

He's the 2nd best fantasy hitter in the minors. I'm not sure it's close anymore.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Light Tower Power said:

 

You forgot to add 3 homers to Alvarez's line. 1hr tonight (game ongoing) and 2 hr that happened, but didn't count in 4 at bats (rain out on 6-16).

 

He's the 2nd best fantasy hitter in the minors. I'm not sure it's close anymore.

 

Damn, didn't know he homered tonight! What a monster. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/24/2018 at 10:03 AM, Light Tower Power said:

He's the 2nd best fantasy hitter in the minors

Vlad jr.  #1?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Ecofolux said:

Vlad jr.  #1?

 

Yes, he's an unreal hitter. Almost as many walks as strikeouts as a 19 year old in AA.

 

3 hours ago, Dark Kn19ht said:

And what about Eloy

 

2018 AA:

 

Jimenez (21 y.o.):  .317/.368/.925 (Avg/OBP/OPS) in 228 PA that includes 10 hrs, 7.9 BB%, 17.1 K% and 153 wRC+

Alvarez (20 y.o.):  .324/.380/.985 (Avg/OBP/OPS) in 158 PA that includes 10 hrs, 8.9 BB%, 21.5 K% and 157 wRC+

 

Eloy is right there with him, so it comes down to preference. Eloy has the tack record and better k-rate. He was even better last year in 73 PA as a 20 year old in AA slashing .353/.397/.956. But, I prefer the platoon split advantage that Alvarez gets being a lefty. He has an even larger frame than Eloy being listed at 6'5'' 225 lbs, but some suspect a chiseled 240 lbs is more accurate. Alvarez out performing Eloy in AA while being 7-months younger is quite noteworthy.

 

Of course this is all very league specific as Tucker (roto), Rodgers (Coors) and Tatis are very interesting prospects too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What is a likely ETA on him getting to the bigs? Is it a year from now or could it be earlier? Hou obviously has their position players set, def at 1st, so not sure when this kid will get the chance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, bgbg22 said:

What is a likely ETA on him getting to the bigs? Is it a year from now or could it be earlier? Hou obviously has their position players set, def at 1st, so not sure when this kid will get the chance.

 

Super 2 next year is best guess but can certainly happen before or later 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just another day at the office: 2-for-4, HR (#12), 2B, 2 RBI.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What a day for Alvarez. Just earned a spot in the Futures Game, and there are reports he's headed to AAA(!!)

 

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hgh22 said:

Call me crazy but I could see a mid-August OF of Alvarez/Springer/Tucker. 

You don’t think he’d get a shot at 1B? Or maybe a combo of LF/1B? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In love with him-its only a matter of time before he truly breaks out-the 3 prospects that are I want more then anyone are Ronald Acuna, Vlad Jr and Yordan Alvarez-my dynasty leagues trade deadline is coming up tonight and im making dozens of offers to another team that has yordan alvrez, acuna and forrest whitley-my teams pretty awful this year but im offering everything for them especially acuna since im expecting him to be the top fantasy player for years to come in every category

 

but this guy wont give them up when for a deal that includes current great players

 

get yordan while you can-superstar in the making

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, My Roy Williams Tramp Stam said:

In love with him-its only a matter of time before he truly breaks out-the 3 prospects that are I want more then anyone are Ronald Acuna, Vlad Jr and Yordan Alvarez-my dynasty leagues trade deadline is coming up tonight and im making dozens of offers to another team that has yordan alvrez, acuna and forrest whitley-my teams pretty awful this year but im offering everything for them especially acuna since im expecting him to be the top fantasy player for years to come in every category

 

but this guy wont give them up when for a deal that includes current great players

 

get yordan while you can-superstar in the making

 

Of course even after ESPN just added like 250 prospects a few weeks back, this dude still isn’t in the system. Crazy with all the money ESPN has they can suck so bad at fantasy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, hgh22 said:

Call me crazy but I could see a mid-August OF of Alvarez/Springer/Tucker. 

 

I want to believe but adding two rookies to an outfield on a team in it to win it seems highly unlikely.  It will be interesting to see how things shake out if Alvarez continues to mash in Triple A though...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, knuckleheads said:

 

I want to believe but adding two rookies to an outfield on a team in it to win it seems highly unlikely.  It will be interesting to see how things shake out if Alvarez continues to mash in Triple A though...

Unfortunately OF is the only place he can get regular playing time.  Gurriel has more than earned everyday playing time at 1B, and obviously Bregman is staying at 3B.  It's not like Correa is out for the season and Bregman can move there.  Tucker is ahead of him, and like somebody else said, I find it hard to believe they would put two rookies in their OF.  Obviously that would be the most talented three players out there, but I think they keep Reddick out there.

 

With that said, as much as I would like to see what Alvarez could do in the majors this season, barring an injury, I would say a promotion is a definite long shot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, KilloWertz said:

Unfortunately OF is the only place he can get regular playing time.  Gurriel has more than earned everyday playing time at 1B, and obviously Bregman is staying at 3B.  It's not like Correa is out for the season and Bregman can move there.  Tucker is ahead of him, and like somebody else said, I find it hard to believe they would put two rookies in their OF.  Obviously that would be the most talented three players out there, but I think they keep Reddick out there.

 

With that said, as much as I would like to see what Alvarez could do in the majors this season, barring an injury, I would say a promotion is a definite long shot.

 

agreed...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If he does keep up the pace what are the odds of him getting up to the majors this year? Or is he 100% a 2019 prospect?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bgbg22 said:

If he does keep up the pace what are the odds of him getting up to the majors this year? Or is he 100% a 2019 prospect?

 

He is currently an OF and was just called up to Triple A. This season, I don't see it happening until maybe September for a cup of coffeee. 

 

I think it's a real possibility that he's an impact fantasy bat the majority of the 2019 season though. Maybe with Kris Bryant treatment (Mid-April) -- at the worst Kyle Tucker Treatment (Late June/Early July). 

 

A couple things going for him in 2019 is that Marwin and Gattis are both free agents so DH should be wide open with some flexibility to be moved around the OF. The Astros will probably resign Marwin, sign a util guy or replace him with Kemp as util. Springer, Tucker, Marisnick, Reddick, Kemp, etc. are all still under contract though so that OF is going to be crowded. I'm going to assume Tucker and Springer are locks (despite Tucker's limited time). He's not going to push Yuli off first. That leaves one OF spot, DH, and possibly bench.

 

#15 on Ray Butler's Mid-Season Top 200

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Tucker struggles for another week or two, perhaps they send him down and call up Alvarez?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.