TX Babe Ruth

John Ross 2017 Season Outlook

4 minutes ago, MONEY BALL said:

He won't be fantasy relevant this year. Just like majority of Bengals rookies in history. 

Typically the Bengals don't draft offensive skill positions early and have drafted no higher than 17 since they took AJ Green in 2011 (9th this year).

While I've give you Eifert, Sanu and Tyler Boyd. AJG, Gio, Jeremy Hill, and Dalton disagree with you.

Boyd was taken in the 2nd and Sanu in the 3rd. They haven't taken a WR in the first round since AJG. The opportunity will be there for the taking, he's definitely a sleeper no one is talking about.

Welp. Hurt again. Its not the coaching staff that's going to make him irrelevant. He can't stay on the field.

Sounds like he might play Thursday.  Thoughts on his dynasty value?  Seems like he is a huge injury risk.

Consider stashing him on your bench this week - he will likely play on Thursday, and if he doesn't flash at all, you can drop him for a kicker or another little ticket playing on Sunday or Monday.

Never mind:

John Ross (knee) is questionable for Week 2 against the Texans.

Beat writer Jim Owczarski calls Ross a "long shot" to play Thursday night. Ross practiced in "full" this week, but as Owczarski notes, that's very misleading since the Bengals merely had walk-throughs in shorts and t-shirts on a short week. Even if he plays, Ross isn't a Week 2 fantasy option.

Well giddy-up then! I imagine he'll be on a snap count and that we may not see much of him tonight, but he could be an OK stash if you have the room (I'd recommend Foreman before Ross in terms of blowup potential for tonight).

Added him again in all leagues after this tweet

Shocker. He's only 22 but this is not a good look. Wonder if the trade winds will start swirling. (Obvious dot-connect: Patriots)

Boyd being inactive is surprising and is seemingly a vote of confidence on Ross's health. Now I'm a bit excited to see him (and Foreman and Mixon) go tonight!

15 minutes ago, yanksman said:

Hard not to add him after seeing Boyd inactive

The same reported also later said that Boyd hurt his hamstring - possibly warming up. 

3 minutes ago, ozark said:

Marvin Lewis is the worst head coach. Seriously. 

Way to kill the rookie's confidence by benching him the entire game after he fumbled on a play that many players would have fumbled on.

Edited by Vendetta

2 minutes ago, Vendetta said:

Way to kill the rookie's confidence by benching him the entire game after he fumbled on a play that many players would have fumbled on.

Yeah I can't stand the whole teach you a lesson old school mentality. I get that players need to earn playing time but come on Marv, get it together. I was looking forward to seeing him stretch the field. He's a big play waiting to happen 

36 minutes ago, Vendetta said:

34 minutes ago, ozark said:

Yeah I can't stand the whole teach you a lesson old school mentality. I get that players need to earn playing time but come on Marv, get it together. I was looking forward to seeing him stretch the field. He's a big play waiting to happen 

There is Marvin's way and then there is Any Reid's way of dealing with that.

I like Ross as a hold going forward, despite the disaster last night - I'd have to imagine they have to go back to the drawing board on offense, and playing Ross and Mixon more have to be in the plans.

3 minutes ago, gimme the ball said:

Ross looked crazy fast, even on his meager play. If he'd stayed in, he could have easily had a big game. 

He would have gotten all of those looks Erickson (who?) got, and he could potentially have done big things with them. Terrible decision to bench him all game after the early fumble.

13 hours ago, Vendetta said:

That's old school. For as bad as Lewis is coaching, this is the one thing I could agree on. If you are a rookie and you fumble, you sit. It's nothing new. He just has to work his butt off in practice to get back in favor with the coaches.

Edited by nonstopfan

2 minutes ago, nonstopfan said:

That's old school. For as bad as Lewis is coaching, this is the one thing I could agree on. If you are a rookie and you fumble, you sit. It's nothing new. He just has to work his butt off in practice to get back in favor with the coaches.

Fat Andy went right back to Kareem Hunt after his fumble, and boy, did he reward us. 

2 minutes ago, gimme the ball said:

Fat Andy went right back to Kareem Hunt after his fumble, and boy, did he reward us. 

I think that can be excused with the fact that it was Kareem Hunt's first lifetime fumble.

If you don't give a guy a pass on that you're going to see some morale problems imo

13 hours ago, Vendetta said:

if Redskins did thesame for matt Jones he would probably be their primary rb today. . . :o