ajs723

Tarik Cohen 2017 Outlook

10 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

He's a good QB just shackled by fox and the awful play calling. He also needs a true WR1. Since Meredith went down, there hasn't been a good enough wr to fill that.

bears one bright spot is the D. (Run D) I've seen too many brain farts in the secondary.

Fuller and Jackson lookin good tho

Just now, SamPayton said:

Fuller and Jackson lookin good tho

True, I guess for the Atlanta game and Baltimore game. Others were the special teams.

i want to see trubisky be able to roll out and hit receivers quick. That would be our bread and butter. I doubt we have too many deep receiving threats. Pepper in some cohen slants and screens.

power through with Howard runs. 

Cohen is hard to trust though. See what FIREFOX does going forward

2 minutes ago, ohio#1eaglesfan said:

Add Amos to that list. 

Because of the pick six that fuller caused? TBD

2 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

True, I guess for the Atlanta game and Baltimore game. Others were the special teams.

i want to see trubisky be able to roll out and hit receivers quick. That would be our bread and butter. I doubt we have too many deep receiving threats. Pepper in some cohen slants and screens.

power through with Howard runs. 

Cohen is hard to trust though. See what FIREFOX does going forward

I think they are just easing Trubs into it and will slowly open up the offense as the season goes on. They definitely need to get Kendall Wright more involved though and I'd love to see some quick slants to Cohen.  Offense has been way to predictable (trick plays aside) up to this point. As for Cohen, he's a must hold imo. He has the tools the Bears just need to use him.

Cohen was utilized 15 times last week and Cunningham got 0 touches. Bears ran 54 times and only passed 17 times, one coming from Cohen.

Chicago is going to try to win games by running running running and relying more on their better-than-advertised defense. 

He's sitting on my wire and I'm tempted to pick him back up. 

Edited by yahyahtrick

33 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

Because of the pick six that fuller caused? TBD

It was a pretty damn good return too. He has also been a tackling machine, smashed McKinnon the other week. 

Pretty sure Benny hurt his hammy last week, maybe Cohen is on the rise again??

16 hours ago, nine9s said:

In dynasty, I traded him and a 1st and 2nd for Amari Cooper. 

Ouch...

Given where Kuechly is in the protocol, it seems unlikely he would be cleared before Sunday’s game at Soldier Field.

This is what was reported by the Charlotte Observer today. If Kuechly doesn't go, is Cohen a-go this Sunday? 

Given where Kuechly is in the protocol, it seems unlikely he would be cleared before Sunday’s game at Soldier Field.

This is what was reported by the Charlotte Observer today. If Kuechly doesn't go, is Cohen a-go this Sunday? 

Any Bears fans know the status of Benny Cunningham? Left last week after one snap with a hamstring injury, no RW blurbs on him in a month though. Would definitely be beneficial to Cohen if he's out.

With Demarco and Diggs looking less likely to play I may be forced to flex this guy this week, but with Kuechly and Cunningham both possibly out I'm feeling better about it. 

14 minutes ago, '71 Bucks said:

Any Bears fans know the status of Benny Cunningham? Left last week after one snap with a hamstring injury, no RW blurbs on him in a month though. Would definitely be beneficial to Cohen if he's out.

With Demarco and Diggs looking less likely to play I may be forced to flex this guy this week, but with Kuechly and Cunningham both possibly out I'm feeling better about it. 

The Bears listed Cunningham (hamstring) as a limited participant in Thursday's practice, Brad Biggs of the Chicago Tribune reports.

Cunningham, who exited Sunday's overtime win over the Ravens with the hamstring injury, was also limited in Wednesday's session. The expectation remains that Cunningham will suit up Sunday against the Panthers, but if he plays, he'll provide most of his value to the Bears as a special-teams player rather than in his role as the team's third-string running back. In fact, Cunningham's lone touchdown on the season came on a fake-punt pass play in the Week 5 loss to the Vikings.

IMO, Cohen should stay rostered, but designated for the bench this week.

Looking ahead, I like him as a bye week fill-in next week against NO. They will be playing catchup for sure and will need his potential for explosive plays in the passing game, mitigating Howard's involvement.

moreover, Howard has picked up just enough dings so far that I think TC makes for a quality lotto stash to boot. Certainly more than a McGuire or Gallman or whoever else is on the wire. 

Finally, hopefully idiot Fox can see that their best chance to stay competitive, if not win, is to ride Howard and TC in tandem. 

Kuechly out this week. Cunningham with a bum hammy. Have a weird feeling Cohen scores on one of those blow-up type plays from earlier in the season.

Cunningham is out, rainy, Carolina missing both starting LBs... week 1 & 2 usage incoming. Thinking I'm gonna start him over Dion Lewis now...

3 minutes ago, mdw5048 said:

Cunningham is out, rainy, Carolina missing both starting LBs... week 1 & 2 usage incoming. Thinking I'm gonna start him over Dion Lewis now...

Rainy seems like it's better for Howard. Harder to cut and catch passes in the rain. Shouldn't we expect the Bears to slam the ball with Howard 30+ times. 

21 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

Rainy seems like it's better for Howard. Harder to cut and catch passes in the rain. Shouldn't we expect the Bears to slam the ball with Howard 30+ times. 

First 2 weeks Cohen got rushing attempts too, wasn't all receptions. His cutting gives him the advantage over defense. Defenders don't know the routes or where he's gonna cut, makes it harder for them to read and make on the dime cuts in that rain. They are more likely to fall than he is.

He is on the bench  .... where he will stay.

the hype after game 1 was so strong. people posting pics of Tarik doing flips in mid-air and catching the ball ..... the nominated him to the HOF because of one game. Go back 30 pages and you will get a laugh

Cant believe he didnt get one rush, i had to drop but I am still rooting for him.. seems like they should either give him rushes or make him the starting slot wide receiver, no way a team that untalented on offense should only give him 3 targets.

Edited by dakimbell

What is dead may never die.

this dude just can’t catch a break, whether it’s the sideline official, John fox, Trubisky, gamescripts, jordan Howard’s shoulder, bemmmy Cunningham, etc. 

I stopped trying to figure out why they don’t give this guy touches but just have accepted they’re not interested in winning games and while I’ll keep rooting for him starting him is so risky.