pierceNKC

Luis Castillo 2017 Outlook

This is the pitch that has me excited about Luis. That 97 mph sinker/2 seamer that he started throwing into the mix. People have noted that his 4 seamer is pretty flat. This sinker combined with the 4 seamer just makes everything play up a bit. 

Keeping him for sure

Capture.GIF

• Like 7

He pitched 160 innings this season. Looks like a lock to pitch 170+ innings next season unless he gets injured, of course. I wonder where he will be ranked. He definitely looks like a top 30 SP.

56 minutes ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

He pitched 160 innings this season. Looks like a lock to pitch 170+ innings next season unless he gets injured, of course. I wonder where he will be ranked. He definitely looks like a top 30 SP.

With his age, performance and hype, probably will generally be regarded as a Top 20 SP that will go a bit higher in actual drafts from people reaching for ceiling. Drafted Top 90? I mean I honestly doubt he'd fall much below that.

I really want to hold onto him in both my keeper leagues, but it really sucks that he's been shut down in the middle of my playoff run. Makes sense from a baseball standpoint though.

Reminds me a lot of DeGrom, wasn't a top prospect but proved himself to be an awesome pitcher. He has some serious heat on that fast ball and lately he's been getting some filthy movement.

17 minutes ago, Goatstain3 said:

Any bullpen work?  Or, has the curtain closed?

Pretty sure he's shut down completely. Nothing to play for, why risk it?

• Like 2

If he throws like 4 or 5 more IP I really, really doubt he'll get hurt. But maybe you can let him work on his sinker/slider at the big league level with no pressure. Because if he refines that slider he's definitely an ace. 

8 hours ago, Stallion said:

I really want to hold onto him in both my keeper leagues, but it really sucks that he's been shut down in the middle of my playoff run. Makes sense from a baseball standpoint though.

Reminds me a lot of DeGrom, wasn't a top prospect but proved himself to be an awesome pitcher. He has some serious heat on that fast ball and lately he's been getting some filthy movement.

to be fair, this was predicted by many.  Not a surprise.

On 9/6/2017 at 2:41 PM, to_be_quite_frank said:

This is the pitch that has me excited about Luis. That 97 mph sinker/2 seamer that he started throwing into the mix. People have noted that his 4 seamer is pretty flat. This sinker combined with the 4 seamer just makes everything play up a bit. 

Keeping him for sure

Capture.GIF

That video linked pitch is so wild that neither Castillo nor the catcher knew where it was headed lol.  No doubt though in my mind that he has a chance to have 3 plus pitches, and therefore, a superstar.

I love someone coming out of nowhere like this guy who is the best rookie pitching surprise of this season.  Thank you, Luis.  You will be on the couple of dynasty teams I managed to nab you for for a long, long time.  Rest that magic arm of your and I will see you next year.

• Like 2