boltup15

Peyton Barber 2017 Season Outlook

18 minutes ago, brosephd said:

itshappening.gif however next week he plays panthers. 

Ugh, at Carolina next week... that's top 5 worst matchups for a RB; terrible timing with the schedule.  Not sure if you can trust that for Championship week.

1 minute ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

Ugh, at Carolina next week... that's top 5 worst matchups for a RB; terrible timing with the schedule.  Not sure if you can trust that for Championship week.

let's hope he is matchup proof but they may be down early and have to start throwing. i've been flexing alfred morris and since zeke is back i think i will have to roll out barber. If Kerwynn is out, Eliijhaa Penny  might be a good start against the Giants

G'luck all.

Picked him up a few minutes ago just in case he goes off.  Don't want my opponent in champ to get a look at him if so (he has Gore at flex)

17 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

Doesnt matter for those of us already starting garbage for our RB2. One man’s trash (Barber) is another man’s (me) treasure, I guess.

Edited by nb009

6 minutes ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

All the hype for this guy and he looks no better than Martin........Hype train has left the station. 

BitterActualKingbird-max-1mb.gif

1 hour ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

All the hype for this guy and he looks no better than Martin........Hype train has left the station. 

If it was Martin he would have went 13 for 35. Gamescript was pretty terrible for the whole game as well. No one said he would be a savior. He is just a better option than Martin.

I thought he looked good on the runs he was given. Nothing special burst wise, but definitely a powerful runner that will consistently gain yards and not get stuffed at the line.

Looks like a more talented runner than Martin at this point in their careers. Has been running better than Martin all season. The YPC backs that up. He had a 68 yards from scrimmage and averaged over 4 YPC, as he has been the last 3 weeks with expanded touches. He also generates more yards after contact, which is necessary since their OLine isn't good right now. Martin hasn't been generating his own yards.

He shouldn't lose his job, so fire him up next week as a RB3/flex. If the game script is more favorable he could blow up and see 25 touches. Lead back on an offense that is also seeing receiving work.

8 minutes ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

Now you are psychic.....Game script has always been terrible for Martin, get a clue, Barber is JAG.

Martin has gotten 20+ carries multiple times regardless of your "gamescript" argument and has been terrible. He's posted the 3rd worst DVOA in the league for a starting RB and has the worst YPC out of any starter. It's pretty safe to label him the worst starting running back in the NFL.

The one game Peyton got over 20 touches he had 140 total yards. Peyton Barber owns a respectable 10% DVOA and Doug Martin a terrible -20%. Peyton Barber has been 30% MORE effevtive than Martin.

You can't see the forest from the trees because you own Martin, and I'm done wasting my breath arguing with you because it is a waste of my time.

Edited by Dirtywater97
  • Thanks 1

Tampa could not get it done at home on Jonh Gruden night, you expect them to show up next week? 

2 minutes ago, urban2014 said:

Tampa could not get it done at home on Jonh Gruden night, you expect them to show up next week? 

Why so pessimistic? Just pick up Barber off the waivers if you need an RB3.

1 minute ago, Dirtywater97 said:

Martin has gotten 20+ carries multiple times regardless of your "gamescript" argument and has been terrible. He's posted the 3rd worst DVOA in the league for a starting RB and has the worst YPC out of any starter. It's pretty safe to label him the worst starting running back in the NFL.

The one game Peyton got over 20 touches he had 140 total yards. Peyton Barber owns a respectable 10% DVOA and Doug Martin a terrible -20%. Peyton Barber has been 30% MORE effevtive than Martin.

You can't see the forest from the trees because you own Martin, and I'm done wasting my breath arguing with you because it is a waste of my time.

It was one game against one of the worst defenses in the league. He got the start yesterday, facing a mediocre Atlanta D and his best contribution was fumbling when Tampa was about to score 

9 minutes ago, urban2014 said:

It was one game against one of the worst defenses in the league. He got the start yesterday, facing a mediocre Atlanta D and his best contribution was fumbling when Tampa was about to score 

Yeah, you are right. Doug Martin would of put up 100 yards on them and averaged 5.0+YPC :rolleyes::lol:

Edited by Dirtywater97

Regardless of all the negativity, Barber is now the Bucs RB to own. It is his backfield for the next two weeks to finish the season. Martin will continue to be inactive on his way out of Tampa. The writing has been on the wall regarding Martin for well over a month. So Martin owners that didn't pick up Barber or find another RB as insurance were deluding themselves.

Barber has been great at generating his own yards after contact with an OL not giving the TB RBs much room to work with. He is averaging over 4 YPC despite the OL deficiencies. But because of the Bucs falling behind he is unlikely to be better than an RB3/flex next week. Still has potential to blow up if they give him 20+ touches. And the Bucs can score, so there should be scoring opportunities.

• Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, devaster said:

Why so pessimistic? Just pick up Barber off the waivers if you need an RB3.

If anything he will be a low end FLEX against Carolina. 

5 minutes ago, devaster said:

Regardless of all the negativity, Barber is now the Bucs RB to own. It is his backfield for the next two weeks to finish the season. Martin will continue to be inactive on his way out of Tampa. The writing has been on the wall regarding Martin for well over a month. So Martin owners that didn't pick up Barber or find another RB as insurance were deluding themselves.

Barber has been great at generating his own yards after contact with an OL not giving the TB RBs much room to work with. He is averaging over 4 YPC despite the OL deficiencies. But because of the Bucs falling behind he is unlikely to be better than an RB3/flex next week. Still has potential to blow up if they give him 20+ touches. And the Bucs can score, so there should be scoring opportunities.

Based on what? Carolina will take over the game from the start, regardless if its Martin or Barber

14 minutes ago, Dirtywater97 said:

He is a low tier RB with upside if he gets 20 touches. We get that. No one is in here going OMG stud!!!1!1 

Trying to debate Martin is the better back however is laughable.

Barber

78/301/2

3.9 AVG YPC

12/92 (receiving yards)

Martin

129/402/3

3.1 AVG YPC

9/84 (receiving yards)

If Barber kept up the 3.9 avg with 129 touches he would 503 yards.......101 more yards.....He is a GOD! 

YOU act like it is so damn clear he is better when it comes down to .8 on the YPC. calm yourself.