Barber

78/301/2

3.9 AVG YPC

12/92 (receiving yards)

Martin

129/402/3

3.1 AVG YPC

9/84 (receiving yards)

If Barber kept up the 3.9 avg with 129 touches he would 503 yards.......101 more yards.....He is a GOD! 

YOU act like it is so damn clear he is better when it comes down to .8 on the YPC. calm yourself.

Yes let's skew the argument as much as possible and use all the games when he received less than 5 carries and had low yardage totals. Also the Atlanta game when he only received the goal line touches.

Every game outside of one where he has received more than 10 carries he has been at over 4+ YPC. Nice try though.

Where have I said he is a god? The whole Argument has been he is much better than Doug Martin.

Edited by Dirtywater97

1 minute ago, Dirtywater97 said:

Yes let's skew the argument as much as possible and use all the games when he received less than 5 carries and had low yardage totals. Also the Atlanta game when he only received the goal line touches.

Every game outside of one where he has received more than 10 carries he has been at over 4+ YPC. Nice try though.

Where have I said he is a god? The whole Argument has been he is much better than Doug Martin.

How am I skewing? I am going off of stats bro, I hope Barber is not your RB1 :lol:

10 minutes ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

How am I skewing? I am going off of stats bro, I hope Barber is not your RB1 :lol:

Games where a running back gets 2 or 3 touches even 5 offer little information or value because of the high amount of variation.

Every time he has been given atleast 10 touches he has produced 4 YPC or higher outside of one. Can't say the same about Martin.

2 minutes ago, Dirtywater97 said:

Games where a running back gets 2 or 3 touches even 5 offer little information or value because of the high amount of variation.

Every time he has been given atleast 10 touches he has produced 4 YPC or higher outside of one. Can't say the same about Martin.

Now you are skewing to those little samples, do a whole season comparison bud.

Just now, iretirefromfantasy said:

Now you are skewing to those little samples, do a whole season comparison bud.

You've never taken statistics before have you? Either way Barber has still been better than Martin using your argument.

Just now, Dirtywater97 said:

You've never taken statistics before have you? Either way Barber has still been better than Martin using your argument.

I was comparing season stats...it's you that wants to complicate it down to sample sizes. 

I wouldn’t assume he is the lead back next week.  He fumbled at a critical point during a long drive, leading to a loss, and Martin is back next week.

10 minutes ago, BMcP said:

I wouldn’t assume he is the lead back next week.  He fumbled at a critical point during a long drive, leading to a loss, and Martin is back next week.

If he was in the doghouse for the fumble I think they would have put Quizz in afterwards.

However, we do not know if Martin was actually inactive for breaking a rule or TB used it as a cover to hand over lead back duties to Barber. (My guess is he put up a stink about losing his job)

Edited by Dirtywater97

If he was in the doghouse for the fumble I think they would have put Quizz in afterwards.

However, we do not know if Martin was actually inactive for breaking a rule or TB used as a cover to hand over lead back duties to Barber. (My guess is he put up a stink about losing his job)

That’s definitely a fair guess.  Who knows at this point? I do think it’s clear that Koetter is losing his job.  I’ll be interested to see where TB goes next year at RB.

1 minute ago, Members_Only_76 said:

anyone who plays week 17 holding Barber for the Saints matchup?

Yes.

However, a lot of what happens this week will determine how playable he is. The losses on TB defense do not have me hopeful for positive gamescripts.

Edited by Dirtywater97

Yes.

However, a lot of what happens this week will determine how playable he is. The losses on TB defense do not have me hopeful for positive gamescripts.

True, and I guess Martin could possibly still be in the mix. Would love to see Barber get 20 touches, he can catch too.

Im wondering about Barbers 2018 value. Doug will be a FA, will Barber take over lead back? 

Im thinking they draft a RB this year, Barber isnt the best pass catcher or blocker but is serviceable. I think he will remain #2 and they might draft a more complete back.

5 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Im wondering about Barbers 2018 value. Doug will be a FA, will Barber take over lead back? 

Im thinking they draft a RB this year, Barber isnt the best pass catcher or blocker but is serviceable. I think he will remain #2 and they might draft a more complete back.

That's my concern.  I plan on picking him up regardless because I won't have to cut down my roster until August.

Looked great again today. I like how he is getting some of the receiving work. If they keep the coaching staff intact he has a good chance of leading the backfield next season. Glad I snagged him early in my dynasty league.

• Like 1