psygolf

2017 Completed Trades Thread

Just took over a last place team in a 16T League...keep up to 4 players.  First 4 rds are the keeper rds.

Traded 5.01, 6.16

for

Evans, 8.10, 10.10

Like it you got a elite WR1 + some picks nicely done! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rush2112 said:

Like it you got a elite WR1 + some picks nicely done! 

The picks will not amount to much in a 16 team draft...I preyed in on a team that is looking to move keepers in order to draft one of the rookie rbs.  The knuckle heads always seem to forget that they can trade for them after the draft.

Edited by psygolf

5 hours ago, psygolf said:

Just took over a last place team in a 16T League...keep up to 4 players.  First 4 rds are the keeper rds.

Traded 5.01, 6.16

for

Evans, 8.10, 10.10

On one hand you got a young stud wr.   But....you are nowhere near competing from the sounds of it- and  u gave up your first two round picks.   So that's Mixon or Fournette.    Possibly another stud in the second round.  

Edited by Impreza178
  • Like 1

i like it, Prez makes a good point but its worth it to me to go find a proven bonified WR1 like Evans.  When you are a last place team, neither Evans or a rookie with your first pick will get you on that winning door step immediately, so i like the idea of grabbing a guy like Evans who is proven and has a young QB as well. Its a solid building block piece to point the roster back in the right direction.  I think there are some rookie RBs you can go head hunt for this year a bit later in the draft as well to provide you with some upside flyer depth like Kamara, Foreman, etc...

who else did you keep?

them two picks may turn out to be a killer in a 16 teamer. maybe not if you have standard starting positions and are keeping two wrs and two rbs. in a 16 teamer i find quantity has a lot more value. i'll trade a stud for two or three starters is i need to. that said evans is a beast and should be a quality keeper for years to come. prolly worth losing some draft bodies this year

4 hours ago, Impreza178 said:

On one hand you got a young stud wr.   But....you are nowhere near competing from the sounds of it- and  u gave up your first two round picks.   So that's Mixon or Fournette.    Possibly another stud in the second round.  

You keep up to 4...if you keep less, you start picking earlier...Fournette & Mixon will be long gone by the 5th & 6th.  I will probably only keep 3 myself.

Edited by psygolf
  • Like 2

for trades i have done this offseason i have a few, mostly from one league where it's 4 keepers with round costs attached and can only have a player two seasons so the incentive to move guys is high

free 10 team, 4 keeper, ppr, .2 per rush, return yards:

had to trade Julio Jones (1st) or let him loose so moved him for Isaiah Crowell (7th) and Jamison Crowder (8)

Traded Gronk (4th) for Jordan Howard (7th)

Traded Blount (10th) for Jarvis Landry (8th)

with those 4 players they would cost my 7th-10th so good value. i am also sitting on ware (7th), dthom (5th), hyde (3rd),  and newton (6th), who i can't keep, so i likely am in the market for more trades

in a small $25 ppr league i traded brandan cooks, jamison crowder, and lamar miller for jordan howard, joe mixon, and matt forte. maybe paid too much for howard and mixon here but everyone is stacked so it's what it takes and i felt i needed to improve my rb1

Edited by Packdog

15 hours ago, Packdog said:

for trades i have done this offseason i have a few, mostly from one league where it's 4 keepers with round costs attached and can only have a player two seasons so the incentive to move guys is high

free 10 team, 4 keeper, ppr, .2 per rush, return yards:

had to trade Julio Jones (1st) or let him loose so moved him for Isaiah Crowell (7th) and Jamison Crowder (8)

Traded Gronk (4th) for Jordan Howard (7th)

Traded Blount (10th) for Jarvis Landry (8th)

with those 4 players they would cost my 7th-10th so good value. i am also sitting on ware (7th), dthom (5th), hyde (3rd),  and newton (6th), who i can't keep, so i likely am in the market for more trades

in a small $25 ppr league i traded brandan cooks, jamison crowder, and lamar miller for jordan howard, joe mixon, and matt forte. maybe paid too much for howard and mixon here but everyone is stacked so it's what it takes and i felt i needed to improve my rb1

Well played...(golf clap)

I think it's fine, especially if it's PPR.

The reality is even if 5.01 is 1.01...you don't know how anyone will do in the NFL yet, but you know Evans has produced in the NFL and is young.

If the rules are "Keep 4 but only if you want" in a 16 team league, I would think if you're team is garbage keeping 0 or 1 isn't a bad idea.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Iron-cock said:

I think it's fine, especially if it's PPR.

The reality is even if 5.01 is 1.01...you don't know how anyone will do in the NFL yet, but you know Evans has produced in the NFL and is young.

If the rules are "Keep 4 but only if you want" in a 16 team league, I would think if you're team is garbage keeping 0 or 1 isn't a bad idea.

I believe an opportunity for Mixon or Cooks might still be there at 4.01 with the keepers involved...it would be at the expense of not keeping Landry, who I think could still be there to re-pickup if the rookie rbs are off the board.  So no potential loss.

On June 23, 2017 at 8:29 AM, psygolf said:

Traded 5.01, 6.16

for

Evans, 8.10, 10.10

Just traded Landry for Russell Wilson, from a guy keeping Carr...will not have to hold my breath until 7.01 to get my QB now.

Keeper/Dynasty League (PPR):

Traded: Brandon Marshall
Received: Jay Ajayi

Edited by ponza88
  • Like 1

Standard League:

Traded: Todd Gurley  + John Brown
Received: MIKE EVANS

WOOT!!!

Edited by ponza88

Question:

Should I feel bad for raping teams in trades? I worry that they'll regret the trades after I get their player and they stop playing. I would feel bad if that happened.

Edited by ponza88

2 hours ago, ponza88 said:

Standard League:

Traded: Todd Gurley  + John Brown
Received: MIKE EVANS

WOOT!!!

Evans is great but you gave up too much 

21 minutes ago, Bartos said:

Evans is great but you gave up too much 

I don't agree... I start 3 WR's... I had Fitzgerald, Watkins, and Crabtree... I already have LeSean McCoy and DeMarco Murray starting in my RB1/RB2 slot, with no flex.

I turned a low RB1/High RB2... to a consistent Top 5 WR, to pair with two middling to high RB1's...

I made my team better, less volatile, and more consistent, weekly by an added (~)5.5 points. To my starting roster.

Gurley was never going to be used.

Team A:
QB: Wilson
WR: Watkins
WR: Crabtree
WR: Fitzgerald
RB: McCoy
RB: Murray
TE: Ertz

Team B:
QB: Wilson
WR: Evans
WR: Watkins
WR: Crabtree / Fitzgerald
RB: McCoy
RB: Murray
TE: Ertz

I'd rather have Team B... 10/10 times.

Edited by ponza88
  • Like 1

On 6/23/2017 at 11:11 PM, Packdog said:

as an addendum to this i have since moved howard and dez in this league for antonio brown, martavis bryant, and larry fitzgerald. there's goes my rb1 but it's a 6 team, 2qb, expanded roster league where i now have brown, julio, and evans as my top three wrs with rodgers and brady at qb. that should give me an advantage even with subpar rbs (start three but i have 10 to choose from). watkins, martavis, and fitz will fill the flexes

Dynasty league.  1/2 pt ppr.  6 pt rush/rec td.  4 pt pass td

I gave: Ryan Tannehill (before injury), Tevin Coleman, Jordan Reed (TEs grouped in with WRs)

I got: LeVeon Bell

I gave: Quincy Enunwa, 2018 5th, 2018 6th

I got: Jonathan Stewart, 2018 4th

I gave: Jonathan Stewart

I got: Willie Snead

Edited by NWABCS
added scoring

I gave: 3rd & 4th rounders 

I got: 1st rounder (3rd overall)

I still have my original 1st rounder 5th overall as well

I gave: 2nd & 5th rounder

I get: Zeke Elliot

This is a keeper league. I figure I've got a chance at 2 top guys and then I get zeke 3 top players should give me a great building block for future and this year as well. 

NOTE:

Elliot deal has not been confirmed even though guy said he would do it

12 team PPR:

Out: L. Bell, E. Sanders

In: D. Bryant, J. Nelson

Then

Out: J Nelson, J Stewart, J Brown

In: J Ajayi, G Olsen

Essentially traded L Bell, E Sanders, J Stewart, and J Brown for D Bryant, J Ajayi, and G Olsen.