Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

psygolf

2017 Completed Trades Thread

Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, Tenner said:

I traded #7WR Adams & #27RB Henry for #6 RB Fournette in standard. 

 

My god...it's causing an uproar in my league. I'm trading a mid WR1 plus flex RB for a mid RB1. 

 

Fools are just afraid of Gurley, Hunt, and Fournette running on them. 

 

Lol. I traded 2 startable pieces while absorbing the off field suspension risk of Fournette. 

Trade was vetoed (only 4 vetoes required in this 12 person league). I've won this league two years in a row. They are hell bent on stopping me to win again. 

 

#7 WR (WR1) and #27 RB (FLEX) for #6 RB (RB1)......was vetoed. That is bull****. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Tenner said:

Trade was vetoed (only 4 vetoes required in this 12 person league). I've won this league two years in a row. They are hell bent on stopping me to win again. 

 

#7 WR (WR1) and #27 RB (FLEX) for #6 RB (RB1)......was vetoed. That is bull****. 

I'd quit that league. That's ridiculous. There are plenty of leagues available with reasonable people, those people suck. Get out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/15/2017 at 9:05 AM, Tenner said:

Trade was vetoed (only 4 vetoes required in this 12 person league). I've won this league two years in a row. They are hell bent on stopping me to win again. 

 

#7 WR (WR1) and #27 RB (FLEX) for #6 RB (RB1)......was vetoed. That is bull****. 

 

Idk if it is vetoable but you traded scraps. A backup running back and a WR on a trash offense isn't worth one leg of an elite RB on a run heavy offense. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Traded ASJ/Dion Lewis/Marvin Jones for Kelce. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/17/2017 at 2:12 PM, Iron-Curtain said:

 

Idk if it is vetoable but you traded scraps. A backup running back and a WR on a trash offense isn't worth one leg of an elite RB on a run heavy offense. 

 

Gotta agree with this. Your argument that Adams is a top ten wr doesn't hold much weight since it's standard where the top rbs outscore top WRs big time. 

 

Not it saying it's veto worthy but it is a pretty lopsided deal. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

trade deadline is Wednesday

this league is weird. it's keep-1 indefinitely. but you can't keep 1st rounders.

 

inevitably, the crappier teams trade off players for future draft picks.  (I don't make the rules)

 

A team has Brady+Leveon but has been eliminated from playoff contention, and doesn't have any dynamite keepers (can't keep Leveon). He made it very clear that his players were available. 

 

I offered Kareem Hunt (round 4 keeper) + Ben Roethlisberger for Leveon Bell + Tom Brady (round 2). 

 

It was... accepted!

 

I lose dynamite keeper value on a player I still strongly believe in (Hunt)... but will have a better title chance this year. 

 

about 10 minutes later, a playoff hopeful hits me up about Prescott, saying any of his hoard of RB's are available (excluding Melvin Gordon)

Since I'd just acquired Brady, Prescott seemed expendable. I asked him "Prescott for Carlos Hyde?"

He responded with a message: "I like the trade, but can't stomach that you'd be turning Hunt-Roethlisberger-Prescott into Bell-Brady-Hyde in one day"

 

I texted back "I still think you'd have the best team, with Dak at the helm"

 

I said F-it and sent the offer anyway.

 

It was... accepted!

 

___________________

 

Now before you tar and feather me for a lopsided trade, consider the following: 

-in the past 2 weeks, a bottom feeder traded Antonio Brown for Davante Parker + future draft picks, and a team traded Jerrick McKinnon and David Johnson for Duke Johnson and future draft picks. 

-what I'm saying is... within our league settings, it's mutually beneficial for bottom feeders to acquire future picks or youngsters, and trade off players they cannot keep-- to playoff bound teams. 

-don't hate the player hate the game?

 

"no one cares OPS!!"

 

"fine... I'll shut up and get back to drinking rooibos and drawing this Elder Scrolls map" 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had a lot of unneeded RB depth so I traded Ameer Abdullah for Devin Funchess in my 12 team standard scoring

 

Wanted Funchess because of his week 15 & 16 matchups, home games vs GB and TB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/15/2017 at 12:05 PM, Tenner said:

Trade was vetoed (only 4 vetoes required in this 12 person league). I've won this league two years in a row. They are hell bent on stopping me to win again. 

 

#7 WR (WR1) and #27 RB (FLEX) for #6 RB (RB1)......was vetoed. That is bull****. 

The trade is bad, Adams is not a WR1 anymore thanks to Rodgers getting hurt. And Henry? Come on a back up...if you owned Fournette would you let him go for Adams and Henry? I sure as hell wouldn’t!

 

and you state the case for your scrubs like they are good, if they are so good why get rid of them? 

On 11/15/2017 at 9:09 PM, ajs723 said:

I'd quit that league. That's ridiculous. There are plenty of leagues available with reasonable people, those people suck. Get out. 

Like I asked him, would you trade Fournette for those two? I bet the shirt off my back you would hit decline in a heartbeat. 

 

 

I vote to veto the trade.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

The trade is bad, Adams is not a WR1 anymore thanks to Rodgers getting hurt. And Henry? Come on a back up...if you owned Fournette would you let him go for Adams and Henry? I sure as hell wouldn’t!

 

and you state the case for your scrubs like they are good, if they are so good why get rid of them? 

Like I asked him, would you trade Fournette for those two? I bet the shirt off my back you would hit decline in a heartbeat. 

 

 

I vote to veto the trade.

So let's see. Since that trade went down, Adams has been the #6 overall WR (definitely WR1 in any league). 

 

Meanwhile, Fournette has scored a whopping .4 points more than Henry. 

 

So yeah. As of now, the team you thought was getting fleeced won that trade in MASSIVE fashion. 

 

Stop vetoing trades because you personally wouldn't do them. That's not the point of the veto. You only veto a deal when it's obvious collusion or incompetency. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, ajs723 said:

So let's see. Since that trade went down, Adams has been the #6 overall WR (definitely WR1 in any league). 

 

Meanwhile, Fournette has scored a whopping .4 points more than Henry. 

 

So yeah. As of now, the team you thought was getting fleeced won that trade in MASSIVE fashion. 

 

Stop vetoing trades because you personally wouldn't do them. That's not the point of the veto. You only veto a deal when it's obvious collusion or incompetency. 

 

Still don’t agree with it and I guarantee a lot of others wouldn’t as well. I would rather have Fournette for the playoffs over Adams and Henry. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

Still don’t agree with it and I guarantee a lot of others wouldn’t as well. I would rather have Fournette for the playoffs over Adams and Henry. 

 

It doesn't matter if you or other people don't agree with the trade. Unless there's obvious evidence of collusion, there is no reason a trade should ever be vetoed. Period. Good on this guy for convincing that owner to trade Fournette, even though his league mates with the same mentality as you chose to veto it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

Still don’t agree with it and I guarantee a lot of others wouldn’t as well. I would rather have Fournette for the playoffs over Adams and Henry. 

I don't understand this mentality. Don't you think someone is getting the better of every trade that goes down? Do you vote to veto every single trade in your league? Seriously, what are the chances that you'll look at a completed deal and say, "hmm, yup, that trade is exactly 100% even"?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ajs723 said:

I don't understand this mentality. Don't you think someone is getting the better of every trade that goes down? Do you vote to veto every single trade in your league? Seriously, what are the chances that you'll look at a completed deal and say, "hmm, yup, that trade is exactly 100% even"?

Actually I’ve never vetoed a trade in all my years of playing. The trade just doesn’t make sense at all...if you don’t like my thoughts then quit quoting me. Go back to your league where you can trade too guys for backups and a borderline WR1/WR2. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, zachsportsguy said:

 

It doesn't matter if you or other people don't agree with the trade. Unless there's obvious evidence of collusion, there is no reason a trade should ever be vetoed. Period. Good on this guy for convincing that owner to trade Fournette, even though his league mates with the same mentality as you chose to veto it. 

First off I’ve never vetoed a trade! And yes it’s a complete bull**** trade. Even the guy up there called those two players “scraps”. All I meant is the trade was complete trash and he must have traded a rookie because no one that has played years of FF and knows about football would ever accept that deal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/24/2017 at 5:56 PM, ajs723 said:

I don't understand this mentality. Don't you think someone is getting the better of every trade that goes down? Do you vote to veto every single trade in your league? Seriously, what are the chances that you'll look at a completed deal and say, "hmm, yup, that trade is exactly 100% even"?

 

There is a difference between getting the better of someone in a trade and highway robbery. 

 

He traded Adams; who actually is doing better now that Hundley is not total trash like he looked at first and Henry who is nothing more than a handcuff that has gotten 50% of his points on 2 games giving him a absolute terrible floor for Fournette who is still a Top 10 RB despite missing 2 games and is on a run oriented offense. Nobody owning Fournette should make that trade. Once again, I'm not sure I would veto the trade but let's not pretend the scales are only slightly off and it's anything other than pure garbage. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Iron-Curtain said:

 

There is a difference between getting the better of someone in a trade and highway robbery. 

 

He traded Adams; who actually is doing better now that Hundley is not total trash like he looked at first and Henry who is nothing more than a handcuff that has gotten 50% of his points on 2 games giving him a absolute terrible floor for Fournette who is still a Top 10 RB despite missing 2 games and is on a run oriented offense. Nobody owning Fournette should make that trade. Once again, I'm not sure I would veto the trade but let's not pretend the scales are only slightly off and it's anything other than pure garbage. 

I still disagree. Again, I wouldn't have done the trade, but I don't think it's my job to tell another owner whether I would have done a certain trade. Adams and Henry for Fournette was an acceptable trade (and actually looks like an amazing deal for the Adams/Henry side right now). 

 

You have no idea if that owner shopped Fournette to 5 teams before he settled on that offer. Player value is different in every league. You can't tell me what a player's value is, in a vacuum. Maybe that's the best deal he could get, and he really needed a WR. 

 

Also, I don't think we're giving that owner enough credit. Maybe he did his research and knew that Hundley preferred Adams. Maybe he didn't like Fournette's lingering injuries. Etc. 

 

Whatever the case is, you're all saying this trade was total garbage, when that's clearly not the case. If anything, the deal has been lopsided in the other direction. 

 

I'll put it this way. Vetoing that deal is essentially punishing someone for being better at fantasy football than you. That's unacceptable. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

I still disagree. Again, I wouldn't have done the trade, but I don't think it's my job to tell another owner whether I would have done a certain trade. Adams and Henry for Fournette was an acceptable trade (and actually looks like an amazing deal for the Adams/Henry side right now). 

 

You have no idea if that owner shopped Fournette to 5 teams before he settled on that offer. Player value is different in every league. You can't tell me what a player's value is, in a vacuum. Maybe that's the best deal he could get, and he really needed a WR. 

 

Also, I don't think we're giving that owner enough credit. Maybe he did his research and knew that Hundley preferred Adams. Maybe he didn't like Fournette's lingering injuries. Etc. 

 

Whatever the case is, you're all saying this trade was total garbage, when that's clearly not the case. If anything, the deal has been lopsided in the other direction. 

 

I'll put it this way. Vetoing that deal is essentially punishing someone for being better at fantasy football than you. That's unacceptable. 

 

If by acceptable you mean a bad trade that shows no obvious collusion then yes, it's acceptable. If you mean that it held relatively equal value for both sides I'm afraid we will have to agree to disagree. 

 

No, a player's value isn't completely fixed and like you said variables come into play but at the time of that offer it looked like a pretty lopsided trade. I still think it is. Essentially trading a Top 5 RB at the time for a WR2(pre-Rodgers injury), who's QB went down, backup looked bad, and had weapons like Nelson and Cobb to target as well; Paired with Henry who will be in a RBBC at best and doesn't have the lead job although he has looked the better runner recently. At the time of the trade it looked pretty bad.

 

It may look better now, but If you are starting Henry you didn't draft or play the waiver wire very well. So it comes down to Adams and Fournette. Pretty simple choice. 

 

Maybe he thought it was a fair price, I dunno, wish I had that guy in my league if so. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.