JakeSarna

Garrett Hampson COL - SS/IF

2 hours ago, natsfan919 said:

Just hit his 8th HR last night. Looks like his power is starting to come. 

I know it's been said enough already, but now all he needs is a spot to play.  It would be great if they moved on from D.J., but I doubt that's happening right now.  Obviously another potential big SB producer would be a godsend.

• Like 1

the Rockies have won 5 in a row, and that is exactly what I didn't want them to do. I want them to lose so that they can finally make a decision to trade LeMahieu. as long as they stay this close in the West I don't think they're going to trade LeMahieu, and if that doesn't happen then I don't see Hampson up in Colorado anytime soon. :(

2 hours ago, SpecialFNK said:

the Rockies have won 5 in a row, and that is exactly what I didn't want them to do. I want them to lose so that they can finally make a decision to trade LeMahieu. as long as they stay this close in the West I don't think they're going to trade LeMahieu, and if that doesn't happen then I don't see Hampson up in Colorado anytime soon. :(

Maybe they trade Hampson for a sp?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)
On 6/13/2018 at 1:06 AM, dod959 said:

If you guys want to see something crazy just head to Fangraphs and look at the ROS projections for batting average from Steamer. 

Trout .305

Altuve .305

LeMahieu .303

Hampson .302

Murphy .301

Betts .301

Vlad Jr. .297

Brantley .294

Soto .294

Freeman .294

Steamer has Hampson at .302/.360/.429 at the MLB level. 

I keep trying to understand how this guy is not a monster fantasy prospect but I just can't. 

Well at least pitcherlist likes his fantasy prospects.  His game is without a doubt extremely fantasy friendly who could provide as much fantasy impact as any other hitter available in most 12 teamers.  If he's given a chance he's going to be something worthwhile - I am thinking 3/4 of Trea Turner right from the start.  Playing where he would be playing helps obviously...

If his "real life" baseball rankings were as high as his fantasy upside he would be a top 10 player imo.     
https://www.pitcherlist.com/mid-season-fantasy-baseball-prospect-rankings-2nd-base/

Edited by knuckleheads
  • Like 2

Is he still not in ESPN databases? If he gets called up, I have no way to add him. 

On 7/9/2018 at 3:16 AM, knuckleheads said:

Well at least pitcherlist likes his fantasy prospects.  His game is without a doubt extremely fantasy friendly who could provide as much fantasy impact as any other hitter available in most 12 teamers.  If he's given a chance he's going to be something worthwhile - I am thinking 3/4 of Trea Turner right from the start.  Playing where he would be playing helps obviously...

If his "real life" baseball rankings were as high as his fantasy upside he would be a top 10 player imo.     
https://www.pitcherlist.com/mid-season-fantasy-baseball-prospect-rankings-2nd-base/

That is the strangest prospect ranking I’ve seen in my 10+ years of looking at them. I  like that they weren’t afraid to rank guys like Hampson high. I’m a fan of his and have been for a while, but the top on that list is kind of strange. 

They say in the paragraph before the ranking that they take proximity into the ranking.. which is great. 

But they then go on to have guys that are in rookie ball in the top 30. 

3 hours ago, LarryDavid said:

That is the strangest prospect ranking I’ve seen in my 10+ years of looking at them.

Pitcherlist has somehow become a go-to source for touts among fantasy players, especially on this board. But honestly I'm still mostly skeptical of their recommendations and rankings... just another bunch of guys playing fantasy ball drawing their own conclusions. You still need to draw your own.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MireLurker said:

Pitcherlist has somehow become a go-to source for touts among fantasy players, especially on this board. But honestly I'm still mostly skeptical of their recommendations and rankings... just another bunch of guys playing fantasy ball drawing their own conclusions. You still need to draw your own.

One should be skeptical on every prospect list - all you have to do is look at any list over the last 10 years to see how "hit and miss" they are.   I think looking at all sources with such wide varied opinions is the way to go...

• Like 2

DJ left tonight’s game with an injury to his side/back. If you play in a deep league it might be wise to make the speculative add here to see how things play out.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, meh2 said:

DJ left tonight’s game with an injury to his side/back. If you play in a deep league it might be wise to make the speculative add here to see how things play out.

Good call.  I have a feeling he'll get a shot if DJ hits the DL.  A true shot if you will.

Edited by Magoo

1 hour ago, Magoo said:

Good call.  I have a feeling he'll get a shot if DJ hits the DL.  A true shot if you will.

Beat writer is saying strained oblique which is often 4-6 weeks on DL. They’ll have to make a move, the question is who do they go with. Could be Hampson, McMahon, or even Rodgers. I added Hampson everywhere though I have some doubts since he’s not on the 40 man roster.

• Like 2

Fingers crossed... speed has been so hard to come by lately, even my speed guys have stopped running.

This is the Rockies we're talking about. They actively avoid giving prospects chances. If anything, they'll call Hampson up and make him a bench player while starting Valaika at 2B

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Blood Brother said:

This is the Rockies we're talking about. They actively avoid giving prospects chances. If anything, they'll call Hampson up and make him a bench player while starting Valaika at 2B

I could see their thinking: “We need to get Valaika in the lineup. He’s got a wRC+ of 1. It can only go up!”

DFA Valaika and his negative 1.1 WAR in 105 at bats and give the Hustle Hampster the call (I just gave him that nickname, it’s terrible, I know)

Edited by meh2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Posted (edited)

He's not a reputable source or anything, so extra large grain of salt. Thought it was interesting, though. 

Edited by osb_tensor
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, osb_tensor said:

He's not a reputable source or anything, so extra large grain of salt. Thought it was interesting, though. 

Since deleted. Also interesting.

Would love to see Rodgers get the call, see what he can do as he is the heir apparent of 2b I'd have to think if we let DJ leave this offseason. Might be worth seeing what he can do. 

I can't even add Hampson via ESPN. Not in their DB.

1 hour ago, Watermock said:

Would love to see Rodgers get the call, see what he can do as he is the heir apparent of 2b I'd have to think if we let DJ leave this offseason. Might be worth seeing what he can do. 

I can't even add Hampson via ESPN. Not in their DB.

I think they hate Rodgers for some reason. He has zero shot of getting the call.

8 minutes ago, Kevk44 said:

I think they hate Rodgers for some reason. He has zero shot of getting the call.

As a Rockies fan, I agree with people in our management of minors. It's perplexing, usually. I'd love to see Rodgers this year tho. 

Posted (edited)

Been keeping all the tabs open all day in my browser lmao

Edited by MireLurker
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I imagine he's expected to play daily with DJ on the DL? 

33 minutes ago, MireLurker said:

Been keeping all the tabs open all day in my browser lmao

Were all degenerates doing the same. You’re in good company.

• Haha 1

Not in the ESPN database.  Absolutely ridiculous for people that stay on top of promotions and can't add right away.

Nice to see Hampson in the lineup tonight batting 7th