JakeSarna

Garrett Hampson COL - SS/IF

So what are some realistic comps for Hampson?  Any chance that Coors leads to increased power?  I don't really need a shortstop, with Peraza on my team, but I can't turn down a quality prospect playing at Coors.

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Magnus88 said:

Not in the ESPN database.  Absolutely ridiculous for people that stay on top of promotions and can't add right away.

Been saying this for months!! 

Edited by Watermock

1 hour ago, Magnus88 said:

Not in the ESPN database.  Absolutely ridiculous for people that stay on top of promotions and can't add right away.

Ah the old saying 'ya get what ya pay for'...

1 hour ago, LoGo said:

I imagine he's expected to play daily with DJ on the DL? 

Ummmm sure....these are the rox and I'd be shocked if he got in more than a few games a week, unless he begins on fire.

1 for 3 with a double, a walk, and a strikeout. Not too bad. 

Hopefully they will play him regularly to rack up those SB!

• Like 1

so here we go again...the Rockies just wont play Hampson everyday-all they need to do is look at his milb track record and they will see that he needs to play daily to get going and get in the zone but once he gets going, hes one of the most consistent hitters-on top of it the rockies only made one move at the dealine...a trade for a mediocre releiver instead of dumping their deadweight-they deserve everything they have coming to them...shame on them

• Like 2

Rockies or Rays - flip a coin for the worst org in baseball regarding young players.

• Like 1

Yep. It's to the point where I'm starting to avoid prospects from those orgs in my dynasty league.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Blood Brother said:

Yep. It's to the point where I'm starting to avoid prospects from those orgs in my dynasty league.

Yep incredibly frustrating.  Especially as a McMahon owner.  Guy's stock has flatlined for no good reason (in my opinion).  If I remember correctly before he got sent down in June he hit a walk off homer. 

Also read somewhere else that they have some of the worst LF stats in baseball.  Why not play Desmond in left, McMahon at 1st and Hampson at 2B?  I don't get it. 

Also Murphy can rake.  Seems like he's getting more ABs but they really don't handle prospects well at all. 

• Like 2

The best way for Rockies prospects to flourish is if they get traded!

Hampson is a stolen base threat, he’s had career OBP of around.400, he’s a great table setter for any team, and a good organization should give him every opportunity to prove it.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, hypeiz4real said:

Yep incredibly frustrating.  Especially as a McMahon owner.  Guy's stock has flatlined for no good reason (in my opinion).  If I remember correctly before he got sent down in June he hit a walk off homer. 

Also read somewhere else that they have some of the worst LF stats in baseball.  Why not play Desmond in left, McMahon at 1st and Hampson at 2B?  I don't get it. 

Also Murphy can rake.  Seems like he's getting more ABs but they really don't handle prospects well at all. 

Couldn't agree more. Also I am a huge believer in Mike Tauchman. I know they actually gave him a shot and didn't do anything with it but before he gets labeled a quad-a prospect, this is the year they should be seeing what they have in some of these guys. And Tauchman is someone I believe will be good when given another shot. The problem is that I can't even imagine what goes thru these prospects heads in the rockies org. They must be under some serious pressure since they only get this teeny tiny window to show what they can do and if theres just one mistake or one hitless game, their gone on the bench to never see at bats again. Or they are given one or two ABs a week and it usually comes against the opposing teams best flamethrower. Its a freaking joke. 

But the prospect the Rockies do give a long extensive look to is no ceiling underground floor Noel Cuevas. And the Rockies have a talented farm system well at least in terms to their wealth of high upside hitters.

Edited by JakeSarna
  • Like 1

4 games in a row now since his last AB. 0 pinch hit apps. 

His last game played he went 2-3 with 1 walk and 1 stolen base. I get it DJ is back but Hampson was hitting.

He only had a total of 20 ABs and had a .300 AVG and 5 walks to 4 strikeouts along with 1 SB.

I can't post enough about the Rockies and their utter incompetence.

They just demoted Tapia to the minors again. He was called up July 1st and demoted at the end up July. So he was basically brought up for the entire month of July. And when they brought him up, he was one of the hottest hitters in AAA before being recalled. and in the 27 games played during his callup, Tapia was only given 18 ABs. What is the point of that? To call up these guys and then never play them and then demote them basically saying they "struggled" during their callup, its as if management   just sets them up to fail.

I originally thought the Rockies should cut loose their deadweight and deal their veterans that aren't in their future plans. I mean, there are a couple veterans that are playing above their abilities...how could they have not dealt them while you can get something for them? But I wrong...getting rid of those players isn't whats most pressing...cleaning house at the top is whats needed for the Rockies to have any sort of future. Do it now while you have legit future stars in the minors. Or else their gonna screw everything up with that too. The rockies thought getting rid of the absolutely useless & incompetent super duo of Dan Odowd and Geivett would solve their problems but decided to promote in-house, and they promoted Odowds protege Birdrich. And it did nothing. Apologize for my rant...Rockies fan and it drives me crazy seeing how the front office is handled and how their farm system is being handled

• Like 2

“Setting him up to fail” is exactly what the Rockies are doing when they bring up a hot hitting player like Hampson, and sit him on the bench.

i don’t get the philosophy behind that, unless they want to see how a player interacts with the clubhouse staff!

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, JakeSarna said:

4 games in a row now since his last AB. 0 pinch hit apps.

He was sent back down before yesterday's game.

1 minute ago, MireLurker said:

He was sent back down before yesterday's game.

thanks, I didn't even realize that and I have him in my farm. But im just gonna wait until Hampson exceeds his prospect eligibility before I take him out because of how the rockies handle bringing them up

I swear i want ----- the Rockies front office. Once again the Rockies had called up their hottest hitter 11 days ago (before it was Raimel Tapia). Hampson had a 15 games hitting streak when was called up and in those 15 games , he had muli-hit games in 10 of them. Hampson was on fire. Since they called him up they have only given him 2 AB, i f-ing repeat...2 ABs. It still took them 3 days to get him his first AB. I just cannot understand calling up your hottest players just to sit them on the bench. And to call them up multiple times a year and each time they send them down they say "he struggled when he was up with the big club". Tapia and Hampson should be everyday players already. There is NO f-ing reason why they should be kept in the minors where they have nothing left to prove.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, JakeSarna said:

I swear i want ----- the Rockies front office. Once again the Rockies had called up their hottest hitter 11 days ago (before it was Raimel Tapia). Hampson had a 15 games hitting streak when was called up and in those 15 games , he had muli-hit games in 10 of them. Hampson was on fire. Since they called him up they have only given him 2 AB, i f-ing repeat...2 ABs. It still took them 3 days to get him his first AB. I just cannot understand calling up your hottest players just to sit them on the bench. And to call them up multiple times a year and each time they send them down they say "he struggled when he was up with the big club". Tapia and Hampson should be everyday players already. There is NO f-ing reason why they should be kept in the minors where they have nothing left to prove.

the rockies front office is on par with the mets front office..  complete and total mismanagement of a professional sports franchise.

you've got to accept this fact and move on. it's frustrating as hell, i get it and absolutely agree/understand, but it is what it is.

• Like 1

I had no idea they called him up and kept wondering if he was on the DL or something. Rox love calling up their prospects just to sit on the bench

Hampson was sent back down after going 0-2, the move was to make room for Matt Holliday.

Rockies really have their organizational priorities in the right place.

• Haha 2

On 8/22/2018 at 8:43 AM, JakeSarna said:

I agree with everything you said, but the only positive thing I can say for them keeping their top prospects in the minors is they really have no place to play them regularly, so in all honestly they are doing absolutely nothing positive by calling up their prospects to sit there.  At least not until September, but they've done it several times over the last year.  Obviously Story has SS covered and I can't see them benching DJ anytime soon.

They are already well covered at a lot of the positions, so it's hard for the prospects to get playing time.  Like I've basically already said, then they either have to leave them in AAA or somehow create a spot for them to play on a regular basis, which is the only productive way to go with these prospects.

• Like 1