Kaboom

Lonzo Ball 2017-2018 Season Outlook

My favorite days are the ones after Lonzo goes nuts... Those three times have provided so much entertainment from truthers and haters alike. Great thread. Will read again.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Johnnyapplebot said:

What are you talking about. What am I telling the rest of you guys? All I am saying is Lonzo is trash and I don't go into drafts with the idea of punting any categories which you want to bring up.

Because THAT'S WHAT YOU DO IN SERIOUS IN FANTASY BASKETBALL LEAGUES. This weird thing where you tell people his rank and then imply your league only rosters the top 150 isn't fantasy basketball.  At least not good fantasy basketball. 

It's awesome you think Ball and Smart are worthless, but all that tells me is that someone who knows how to punt categories could walk into your league and dominate by winning 7-4 every week or something. 

There is this thing called roto. 

Lonzo is ranked 133rd in 9 cat roto which means he's rosterable there, but not starter material in 12 teamers. Sure you can punt FG and points there too which would improve his value, but good luck playing for ***** and giggles all year long in that case.

Bottom line, Lonzo is perfectly fine for H2H as you can build some great punt teams around him. But he's a liability for roto players.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Deathrow said:

LOL I traded Lonzo but I still come back to this thread for sh|ts and giggles. 

Haha me too, this thread is great

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Tom Chambers said:

Because THAT'S WHAT YOU DO IN SERIOUS IN FANTASY BASKETBALL LEAGUES. This weird thing where you tell people his rank and then imply your league only rosters the top 150 isn't fantasy basketball.  At least not good fantasy basketball. 

It's awesome you think Ball and Smart are worthless, but all that tells me is that someone who knows how to punt categories could walk into your league and dominate by winning 7-4 every week or something. 

Stop. Making. Sense.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Tom Chambers said:

Just because you punt does not mean thats the only strategy for h2h leagues. And not all people play in h2h.

I do not like punting because injuries hurt more in those teams.

• Like 1

Not a Lakers fan, but I am a Lonzo owner in a head to head league. This thread is pretty funny, so many very strong feelings one way or the other. I play in a two keeper league and for the sake of time, I took Lonzo in the equivalent of the 4th/5th round. He is doing exactly what I thought he would do at this point in the year. Terrible %'s, low points, average 3's and elite boards (for a PG) top 5 in assists and elite steals and blocks. There is absolutely value in those stats in a head to head format. Sure, would I love to see some consistency in these bigger nights, of course, do I think he has the chance to as the season progresses... yup. His two triple doubles are only 5 games apart. In between there he only had one true dud. The other nights, while he may not shoot the ball well, I always find myself looking at his line and saying things like "damn, another 30% night from the field, but I'll take 6 boards, 6 assists, 5 steals and block all day," or "another 3/10 night, but not shabby with 5 boards, 5 dimes, 2 steals and a three." Then he has nights like last night when it all comes together and he is super fun to own. I can agree that he is not rosterable in roto. In head to head  he can still be very effective and he is not an automatic punt FG build if you have the right pieces. I am currently 3rd in my league in FG% and I've owned him all year (my current roster is in my sig).

For head to head owners he has a bummer schedule of 2, 4, 2, and 2 coming up, but fortunately I was able to scoop up Chalmers who has 4, 3, 4, and 4 and if Conley misses extended time could make up nicely for Lonzo.

21 minutes ago, det_tigers said:

Just because you punt does not mean thats the only strategy for h2h leagues. And not all people play in h2h.

This is true. I had an amazing punt 3pt team two years ago, I only had one defeat (4-5 I think) in 20 weeks. Until my 2 best centers went down, I lost every matchup after that.

38 minutes ago, det_tigers said:

Again, per his rank, even with his disappointing play, he's a must-own player in roto leagues. Per his actual value accounting for statistical scarcity and upside, he's a must-own player in roto leagues. So if your post has a point, it's lost on me. 

1 hour ago, Tom Chambers said:

Smart is trash. I have better options than him.

Can any roto owners comment how bad lonzo's been for their percentages? Just curious since i dont have a roto league this year and i miss the chaos of owning cat killers.

1 hour ago, Johnnyapplebot said:

Smart is trash. I have better options than him.

You might, but at least one team in your league doesn't. That isn't opinion, that's a fact. 

Do you reckon JohnnyAppleAbortion would be able to post here if an IQ test was a prerequisite?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, boytoy said:

Can any roto owners comment how bad lonzo's been for their percentages? Just curious since i dont have a roto league this year and i miss the chaos of owning cat killers.

I'm dead last in fg% in a 12 teamer, it didn't help that i lost Gobert for 6 weeks, i had the last pick so i was at a disadvantage, my first pick was LIllard who shoots a lot and is at 40% thought i evened it out with Vecevic, Gobert, Valanciounis, i also have  Conley who is below 40

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, azeri98 said:

I'm dead last in fg% in a 12 teamer, it didn't help that i lost Gobert for 6 weeks, i had the last pick so i was at a disadvantage, my first pick was LIllard who shoots a lot and is at 40% thought i evened it out with Vecevic, Gobert, Valanciounis, i also have  Conley who is below 40

Thanks! Figured most owners would be bottom tier in fgs. Doest help you have Lillard as well and lost Gobert. Would be pretty hard winning a league dead last in a cat so good luck man!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ROTY said:

Do you reckon JohnnyAppleAbortion would be able to post here if an IQ test was a prerequisite?

if a passing score is over 70, definitely not 

jk he seems like a cool guy, just a little confused when it comes to fantasy basketball and how it works. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Hunter Cat said:

if a passing score is over 70, definitely not 

jk he seems like a cool guy, just a little confused when it comes to fantasy basketball and how it works. 

Confused? No. Lonzo is trash and so is Marcus Smart. Idgaf what anyone thinks.

.267 fg % .784 ft% 9.4 ppg 4.4 rpg 5.3 apg 1.5 steals but me calling marcus smart trash is making people say I have a low IQ. Foh, I want to play in your leagues, easy championship trophy. 

I also love how when Lonzo has a bad game I am the only one who post here. When he has a good game everyone comes out of nowhere but unlike you guys, I don't hide. HES TRASH!!

Edited by Johnnyapplebot

5 minutes ago, Johnnyapplebot said:

Confused? No. Lonzo is trash and so is Marcus Smart. Idgaf what anyone thinks.

he's done everything good outside of shoot the basketball. and he's trash? lol. you're going to feel pretty stupid in a couple of years when this thread gets bumped, buddy. 

5 minutes ago, Johnnyapplebot said:

.267 fg % .784 ft% 9.4 ppg 4.4 rpg 5.3 apg 1.5 steals but me calling marcus smart trash is making people say I have a low IQ. Foh, I want to play in your leagues, easy championship trophy. 

I also love how when Lonzo has a bad game I am the only one who post here. When he has a good game everyone comes out of nowhere but unlike you guys, I don't hide. HES TRASH!!

basketball is played on 2 ends .. marcus smart is a great defender. you wouldn't call steve nash trash because he was a terrible defender, would you? 

Just now, Hunter Cat said:

he's done everything good outside of shoot the basketball. and he's trash? lol. you're going to feel pretty stupid in a couple of years when this thread gets bumped, buddy. 

I'm on record saying he will never average 15 ppg for a season unless he does it in a handful of games then gets injured for the season. 

He plays a lot of minutes, he better get rebounds on a team that sucks at rebounding and has a useless 7 foot center who rebounds like a 6 foot point guard. He always passes the ball because he cant shoot for ish so he better get assists. He's still passing to NBA players so lets not act like hes doing all these amazing Magic Johnson type passes to get assists. 

BASICALLY IM NOT IMPRESSED BY HIM.

1 minute ago, Hunter Cat said:

basketball is played on 2 ends .. marcus smart is a great defender. you wouldn't call steve nash trash because he was a terrible defender, would you? 

You do realize when I say trash I mean for fantasy basketball. Smart in real life is a good player, for 2017 fantasy basketball hes trash and his 1.5 steals wont make up for trash.

Just now, Johnnyapplebot said:

I'm on record saying he will never average 15 ppg for a season unless he does it in a handful of games then gets injured for the season. 

He plays a lot of minutes, he better get rebounds on a team that sucks at rebounding and has a useless 7 foot center who rebounds like a 6 foot point guard. He always passes the ball because he cant shoot for ish so he better get assists. He's still passing to NBA players so lets not act like hes doing all these amazing Magic Johnson type passes to get assists. 

BASICALLY IM NOT IMPRESSED BY HIM.

do you even watch the games? he's a great rebounder. he actively chases down every missed shot.. at this point, you are hating just to hate. his passes and court vision are obviously great too, don't know how anyone can deny that with a straight face. even if he never averages 15, which he probably will, he affects the game in so many other ways that it doesn't even matter .. rondo never averaged 15 and was an allstar in 4 consecutive seasons.