Kaboom

Lonzo Ball 2017-2018 Season Outlook

4 minutes ago, Johnnyapplebot said:

You do realize when I say trash I mean for fantasy basketball. Smart in real life is a good player, for 2017 fantasy basketball hes trash and his 1.5 steals wont make up for trash.

i agree with you here, i wouldn't roster smart 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Johnnyapplebot said:

You do realize when I say trash I mean for fantasy basketball. Smart in real life is a good player, for 2017 fantasy basketball hes trash and his 1.5 steals wont make up for trash.

Trash - like Duke the Dumpster Droese?

Image result for duke the dumpster droese

Edited by Tekno Team 2000
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Hunter Cat said:

do you even watch the games? he's a great rebounder. he actively chases down every missed shot.. at this point, you are hating just to hate. his passes and court vision are obviously great too, don't know how anyone can deny that with a straight face. even if he never averages 15, which he probably will, he affects the game in so many other ways that it doesn't even matter .. rondo never averaged 15 and was an allstar in 4 consecutive seasons. 

Well when you pass a lot and don't have the ball in your hands you better actively chase down every missed shot. Lakers are bad as a team in rebounding. His court vision is okay its not great. All star? Lmao ok. Isnt that all on fan votes? Yeah Lonzo Ball is going to be an all star this season. Who cares about All star selections when its basically a popularity contest. 

4 minutes ago, Johnnyapplebot said:

Well when you pass a lot and don't have the ball in your hands you better actively chase down every missed shot. Lakers are bad as a team in rebounding. His court vision is okay its not great. All star? Lmao ok. Isnt that all on fan votes? Yeah Lonzo Ball is going to be an all star this season. Who cares about All star selections when its basically a popularity contest. 

The Lakers are 4th in the league in rebounds per game.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Johnnyapplebot said:

my point is that rondo in his prime was one of the top point guards in the nba ..... a lot of great passers weren't great rebounders, so i duno what u trying to get at there. his court vision is excellent, do you even watch laker games? even if you're only reading box scores, check the assist to turnover ratio. 

1 minute ago, stopmakingsense said:

The Lakers are 4th in the league in rebounds per game.

They are 5th and you know whats the difference between being 5th and 20th? Less than 5 rebounds per entire game. Lakers miss a lot of shots too, offensive rebounds count.

5 minutes ago, Hunter Cat said:

my point is that rondo in his prime was one of the top point guards in the nba ..... a lot of great passers weren't great rebounders, so i duno what u trying to get at there. his court vision is excellent, do you even watch laker games? even if you're only reading box scores, check the assist to turnover ratio. 

Rondo is also 6 ft 1 and played with a great championship caliber team that could rebound.

And yes I have watched Lakers game before I got disgusted with Lonzo. He doesn't do Magic Johnson type passes stop it. He usually just does regular passes to open players. How many alley oops has he even done this season? Maybe like 3? How many full court passes has he done? Maybe like 5? Stop acting like he's a wizard with the ball and does spectacular passes. His passes are relatively safe normal anyone can do passes.

Edited by Johnnyapplebot

1 minute ago, Johnnyapplebot said:

They are 5th and you know whats the difference between being 5th and 20th? Less than 5 rebounds per entire game. Lakers miss a lot of shots too, offensive rebounds count.

You really are just trolling at this point, right?  You said they are bad as a team in rebounding, and when that got debunked, your excuse was they miss a lot of shots?

What next, Lonzo cut his hair which makes him see better so he better be able to pass?

• Like 5

Just now, Tekno Team 2000 said:

You really are just trolling at this point, right?  You said they are bad as a team in rebounding, and when that got debunked, your excuse was they miss a lot of shots?

What next, Lonzo cut his hair which makes him see better so he better be able to pass?

Lakers are 5th and I just stated facts. Difference between 5th and 20th is less than 5 rebounds per entire game. Those are facts.

Lonzo hair doesn't cover his eyes so nope. His passes wont be affected if he gets a hair cut or goes bald.

Lakers are 5th and I just stated facts. Difference between 5th and 20th is less than 5 rebounds per entire game. Those are facts.

Lonzo hair doesn't cover his eyes so nope. His passes wont be affected if he gets a hair cut or goes bald.

Except you didn't even state facts. They're 4th.

http://stats.nba.com/teams/traditional/?sort=REB&dir=-1

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Ok and so how are the Lakers bad at rebounding if they are 5th?  Regardless of the difference, wouldn't 5 out of 30 teams be good?

And since they are 5th, doesn't Lonzo contribute to that?  Oh that is right, Brook Lopez is on the team, and Lonzo is 6'6 the biggest point guard in all the land so he better get rebounds.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, stopmakingsense said:

Except you didn't even state facts. They're 4th.

http://stats.nba.com/teams/traditional/?sort=REB&dir=-1

SAYS 5TH HERE

https://www.teamrankings.com/nba/stat/total-rebounds-per-game

Either case, a couple of bad rebounding games they will not be anywhere near 4th or 5th.

Don't care what anyone says this guy should be owned in all leagues and is a very strong fantasy player if you're punting FT or FG.

Stop the hate fellas we all knew he was gonna be throwing up bricks with that jumpshot, he provides lots of value in other areas

1 minute ago, Tekno Team 2000 said:

Ok and so how are the Lakers bad at rebounding if they are 5th?  Regardless of the difference, wouldn't 5 out of 30 teams be good?

And since they are 5th, doesn't Lonzo contribute to that?  Oh that is right, Brook Lopez is on the team, and Lonzo is 6'6 the biggest point guard in all the land so he better get rebounds.

Yup this is true. 

8 minutes ago, Johnnyapplebot said:

Rondo is also 6 ft 1 and played with a great championship caliber team that could rebound.

And yes I have watched Lakers game before I got disgusted with Lonzo. He doesn't do Magic Johnson type passes stop it. He usually just does regular passes to open players. How many alley oops has he even done this season? Maybe like 3? How many full court passes has he done? Maybe like 5? Stop acting like he's a wizard with the ball and does spectacular passes. His passes are relatively safe normal anyone can do passes.

what does height even have anything to do with this? at this point, you're grasping at straws. lonzo does full court passes at least 3-4 times a game...it's literally his main weapon. thats how i know you dont watch games. maybe you saw 1 or 2 of his poor performances, but no way you've actually seen him when he's on based on the things you are saying in this thread.

Just now, Hunter Cat said:

what does height even have anything to do with this? at this point, you're grasping at straws. lonzo does full court passes at least 3-4 times a game...it's literally his main weapon. thats how i know you dont watch games. maybe you saw 1 or 2 of his poor performances, but no way you've actually seen him when he's on based on the things you are saying in this thread.

Yeah I mean we are like 17 games into the Lakers season and I watched his first 10 games so I have watched over half his career games. He had 1 maybe 2 good games so maybe I should watch him tonight and see how he does. I will watch tonight.

I checked basketball monster and saw what he did over the last week.

3 games 6.3ppg 9rpg 6.3 apg .310 fg% .000 ft% but he never got to the line 2 spg 1 bpg. 

Riveting. 

Just now, Johnnyapplebot said:

Yeah I mean we are like 17 games into the Lakers season and I watched his first 10 games so I have watched over half his career games. He had 1 maybe 2 good games so maybe I should watch him tonight and see how he does. I will watch tonight.

ill be watching too...i wouldn't be surprised if he beasts nor would i be if he struggles. remember, this is the first 17 games of his career. the greek freak looked non-existent when he started out (another player who can't shoot), and look at him now. these things can take time, but it's obvious when the potential is there. 

• Like 1

I guess I am lost in the discussion about the Lakers being a poor shooting and poor rebounding team.

They are ranked 4th and only 0.6 RBG from being the top rebounding team.  They are closer to the top than the bottom.

If the argument is they rebound more because they are a poor shooting team, I don't get that either.  They are ranked 13th in the league ahead of some of the top teams like Houston, SA, OKC, Portland and Boston.  Using this logic, those teams should be among the top rebounding teams in the league which they aren't.

The fact is the LA Lakers are a middle of the pack shooting team and very solid rebounding team.  Lonzo is a horrendous shooter but a solid rebounder for a guard, whether he is 6-1 or 6-6.  Consistent rebounding requires good positioning, good court vision and awareness, and aggressiveness.  He passes the test on all three, except in the case of teammates fighting, then he is less aggressive and more of a ----y.

I recall discussion early in Kidd and Rondo's career about the need to alter their shots.  Kidd found a way to overcome his shooting deficiencies and, while not a great shooter, became a clutch shooter in crunch time.  Rondo, not so much.  I find Magic and Walton disingenuous when they say they don't want to alter his shooting technique.  He obviously needs to improve on both shot selection and technique to fully meet expectations of the #2 pick in a deep draft.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mbroo5880i said:

If the argument is they rebound more because they are a poor shooting team, I don't get that either.  

When your team scores, it eliminates transition buckets and allows you to set your defense. That argument wouldn't make any sense, your team should be able to get more defensive rebounds, which are about 70% of the rebounds out there.

My damn team with Smart is shooting 34% this week....

Thank god im playing vs the guy with Lonzo and his 23% fg overall....

LOL...keep shooting lonzo...keep shooting that pathetic shot....

• Thanks 1

Cool, thats one category. Do you enjoy when he stuffs the sheet too?