Kaboom

Lonzo Ball 2017-2018 Season Outlook

2 minutes ago, atlantadynasty said:

Assists will come eventually and stocks should be there, but that shooting technique ain't fixing it self. Can see him shooting brutal numbers 

his shot will be fine .. he has similar form to kevin martin who was a knock down shooter.

1 hour ago, atlantadynasty said:

Assists will come eventually and stocks should be there, but that shooting technique ain't fixing it self. Can see him shooting brutal numbers 

How can his assists come if he have garbage teammates haha. KCP will help him tremendously this season.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/columnist/sam-amick/2017/10/20/lonzo-ball-debut-patrick-beverley-welcome-lakers-clippers/783224001/

"I just had to set the tone, man," Beverley explained. "I told him after the game man, (that) due to all riff-raff his dad brings, he’s going to get a lot of people coming at him. He has to be ready for that, and I let him know after the game. What a better way to start off, just 94 feet guarding him tonight, welcome ..."

A reporter accidentally interrupted.

"I’m not done," Beverley interjected. "Welcome his little, young a** to the NBA."

Being a rookie PG is bad enough but lol LaVar you did no favors.  On the plus side, it's gotta be all downhill from facing a mad Pat Bev on your first night in the show.

Edited by Tom Chambers

As Dennis Green said "He is who we thought he was" kid can't shoot, thats the problem with most one and dones they can't shoot when they come to the NBA, they have to develop it there if they can

Like a lot of people including myself has said for months, he cant shoot. He got away with 18pts or whatever he was averaging in College because that's College ball. I can see him being an all star at one point in his career because its the Lakers and as a Ball people will vote for him if he had relatively modest success but I cant see him averaging 15 points at any point in his career. For this season, I predict he averages 10 pts 7 reb 6 asts on putrid fg%. Basically top 150 value.

He was selected in the top 50 in several drafts. Unforgivable 

The worst part is that he plays in the western conference where 95% of the elite point guards play who are all obviously want to clamp him down for all the bs Lavar has been saying. Its really going to be a tough season for him.

49 minutes ago, Johnnyapplebot said:

Like a lot of people including myself has said for months, he cant shoot. He got away with 18pts or whatever he was averaging in College because that's College ball. I can see him being an all star at one point in his career because its the Lakers and as a Ball people will vote for him if he had relatively modest success but I cant see him averaging 15 points at any point in his career. For this season, I predict he averages 10 pts 7 reb 6 asts on putrid fg%. Basically top 150 value.

???

You think he puts up 10 a game this year but he can't put up 15 at any point in his career? 5 points more? Really??

You guys overvalued him to begin with. Every year we all say we don't draft rookies high, then hype builds, and we fall into the trap. You can only blame yourself if you spent a 5th rounder on him. It's pretty funny that some people are already writing him off after one game though. 1st game at 19 years old, yeah, he's washed. I love rotoworld sometimes.

3 minutes ago, RedRaider27 said:

???

You think he puts up 10 a game this year but he can't put up 15 at any point in his career? 5 points more? Really??

You guys overvalued him to begin with. Every year we all say we don't draft rookies high, then hype builds, and we fall into the trap. You can only blame yourself if you spent a 5th rounder on him. It's pretty funny that some people are already writing him off after one game though. 1st game at 19 years old, yeah, he's washed. I love rotoworld sometimes.

Yeah that's what I think. And 5 more points over the course of a season is a big leap. Look at Ricky Rubio, rookie year averahed  10.6 PPG. So far in 7 years the highest PPG hes had in a season was 11.1ppg which he did last year.

HE CANT SHOOT. I can see him at 10 ppg this year but never at any point in his career as a 15ppg or more average in a season.

Edited by Johnnyapplebot
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Johnnyapplebot said:

Yeah that's what I think. And 5 more points over the course of a season is a big leap. Look at Ricky Rubio, rookie year averahed  10.6 PPG. So far in 7 years the highest PPG hes had in a season was 11.1ppg which he did last year.

He's not Ricky Rubio man. 

Just now, RedRaider27 said:

He's not Ricky Rubio man. 

He cant shoot and Ricky Rubio cant shoot either. They are comparable. Ricky Rubio is a career .375 FG percent shooter. That's Lonzo too.

He cant shoot and Ricky Rubio cant shoot either. They are comparable. Ricky Rubio is a career .375 FG percent shooter. That's Lonzo too.

1 game in and it's already a foregone conclusion he can't shoot? You're not gonna give him a chance to show he can shoot in his 2nd game, or in the 2nd half of the season, or a few years down the line? It's already done and determined he'll be a career .375 perimeter shooter eh?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Johnnyapplebot said:

I agree that he probably won't be a great shooter this year. But it's stupid to think he'll be a career .375 perimeter shooter and never average more than 15 a game when he's 19 and one game into his career.

• Like 1

Just now, RedRaider27 said:
1 minute ago, RedRaider27 said:

I agree that he probably won't be a great shooter this year. But it's stupid to think he'll be a career .375 perimeter shooter and never average more than 15 a game when he's 19 and one game into his career.

1 game in and it's already a foregone conclusion he can't shoot? You're not gonna give him a chance to show he can shoot in his 2nd game, or in the 2nd half of the season, or a few years down the line? It's already done and determined he'll be a career .375 perimeter shooter eh?

Like I said, I have been saying this for months and so have many many others, HE CANT SHOOT. And well call it a prediction then because from day 1 I always had the feeling he wouldn't be nothing more than a role player. Like I said, he might get an all star appearance if he has modest success because hes on the Lakers and his last name is Ball so people will vote for him, but I don't believe in his jump shot, I don't believe it will be fixed to somehow him becoming consistent with it, and I don't believe he will ever average at any point 19 or 29 or whatever 15 or more ppg a season. Maybe 14ppg will be the highest but I don't see 15ppg. 

95% of NBA Pg's are going to go at his guy so hard this year he wont know what hit him in the NBA. This is why he was on my DND list. Everyone who drafted him definitely overpayed and he will not even come close to outperforming his ADP.

This is not a game 1 overreaction, this is seeing how crap the Lakers looked yesterday are and seeing how passive Lonzo is when the heat is on. I dont even see how he can get assists when literally no one on the team can shoot.

Glad I passed on him this year.

For all the Laker deniers under-reacting to BI's suckitude I think that people are overeacting to Lonzo's very first NBA game. I don't own Lonzo and he had a fine rookie PG line (minus the points) considering he went through the Patrick Beverly experience. He had an atrocious first summer league game too and came back the next game and proceeded to dominate. If Lonzo Ball was your average rook people would say that he didn't have a bad first game. I still expect this kid to be great and challenge for the ROY.  

• Like 3

Summer League against most players who aren't even good enough to be bench warmers in the NBA. Most of the summer league people either go to the D-League or go back to working at Walmart after its over. His summerleague MVP isn't impressive to me. Preseason is more of the one that people should care about and he did alright, first game 5 pts (2-9 fg) 7 reb 8 ast second game 8 pts (3-6 fg) 3 reb 4 ast then he got injured. That just shows me hes going to have a lot of rebounds and assists with putrid fg% so he would be perfect for a punt fg% team.

14 minutes ago, Johnnyapplebot said:

Like I said, I have been saying this for months and so have many many others, HE CANT SHOOT. And well call it a prediction then because from day 1 I always had the feeling he wouldn't be nothing more than a role player. Like I said, he might get an all star appearance if he has modest success because hes on the Lakers and his last name is Ball so people will vote for him, but I don't believe in his jump shot, I don't believe it will be fixed to somehow him becoming consistent with it, and I don't believe he will ever average at any point 19 or 29 or whatever 15 or more ppg a season. Maybe 14ppg will be the highest but I don't see 15ppg. 

he shot 41% from three in college son 

Just now, Johnnyapplebot said:

Nice, college is not the NBA you realize that right.

doesnt matter, u keep saying "he can't shoot" .. that's obviously false 

• Like 1

Ok keep believing he can shoot a consistent jumper while I wait until he keeps building a mansion from his bricks.

why would u wait for that? you mad at the 3 b's?? 

• Haha 1

Just now, IsraeliPSYCHO said:

why would u wait for that? you mad at the 3 b's?? 

Why would I be mad at the 3 B's. I know what I see and what I see is a broken jump shot.

Just now, Johnnyapplebot said:

Why would I be mad at the 3 B's. I know what I see and what I see is a broken jump shot.

a broke jumpshot who shot 41% from three in college wit similar form to kevin martin .. yea ok