Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gauthmann44

Zack Granite - OF MIN

Just called up by the Twins. If you are looking for SB, he could be worth an add. 

He's extremely intriguing, even if his success rate for steals was a little lower than you would like in AAA given his speed, but why?  Kepler is obviously not going anywhere as a regular vs RHP, I'd be shocked if they give up on Buxton in CF yet, and Rosario has been solid in LF.  Grossman has been fairly bad after a solid start, but I'm still finding it hard to see a regular role for Granite to make the call-up serve a purpose.

If he had a clear role, I would have rushed to pick him up with the state of SB's these days and his contact ability, but it's hard to get excited yet.

26 minutes ago, KilloWertz said:

He's extremely intriguing, even if his success rate for steals was a little lower than you would like in AAA given his speed, but why?  Kepler is obviously not going anywhere as a regular vs RHP, I'd be shocked if they give up on Buxton in CF yet, and Rosario has been solid in LF.  Grossman has been fairly bad after a solid start, but I'm still finding it hard to see a regular role for Granite to make the call-up serve a purpose.

If he had a clear role, I would have rushed to pick him up with the state of SB's these days and his contact ability, but it's hard to get excited yet.

I guess we'll see how he fairs at the MLB level. Only reason I picked him up was that I'm in a 20 team dynasty CATs league that rosters 30 minors per. team so, if your in a deep league I'd say it would be a good time to grab him. 

I just love players like him, plus hit tools, elite speed and elite plate discipline (walks the same amount as he strikes out = high OBP which = to more SB opportunities...but I agree, theres just no ABs for him unless they are making moves by the deadline (or looking to include Granite in a deal) since they are only 2 GB 1st place in the AL central.