MONEY BALL

John Collins 2017-2018 Season Outlook

at least he got a couple of blocks in his 8m.  

10 minutes ago, hardyharhar said:

weren't ilyasova and muscala injured then? 

well damn...

Reading the swing of emotions from page 31 to page 32 is hilarious. I'm with you guys man, I had to watch a g-dam hawks game for Plumlee and Muscala. Coach practically cleared his whole bench. I'd like to stay positive, but its really hard to see the silver lining in this. The Clippers are a bad team missing almost their whole starting lineup. There's no reason not to play Collins at this point and yet he's only got 8 minutes. As a poster above said, something drastic has to happen for Collins to get playing time now that Dedmon's back. Either injuries, trade, or new coach

• Like 1

First, Jordan Bell, now Collins ... smh. But dammit he's too good to drop now, gotta give up some time to see how the rotation shakes out. Once the Hawks are battling for worst seed they GOTTA play him right??

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, bruceleroy7 said:

First, Jordan Bell, now Collins ... smh. But dammit he's too good to drop now, gotta give up some time to see how the rotation shakes out. Once the Hawks are battling for worst seed they GOTTA play him right??

At least with Bell, there are quality players in front of him.

With Collins.. it's freaking Plumlee.

Edited by j3rkthenurk
I hate Buldenhozer
  • Haha 2

Plumlee, Cavanaugh and Muscala are all inferior players. It doesn't take a genius to work out Collins is the kid with a future on that franchise. 

Hawks deserved to lose at the death due to their abominable front court rotations. 

If you watch the games, their plays are so a**. Nothing really related to Collins, but more of how bad Bud is as a coach. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, hardyharhar said:

If you watch the games, their plays are so a**. Nothing really related to Collins, but more of how bad Bud is as a coach. 

He doesn't know how to utilize the talent he has. It's not much, but Collins should be playing more. 

2 minutes ago, trusthaprocess said:

He doesn't know how to utilize the talent he has. It's not much, but Collins should be playing more. 

Their plays are pick and roll centric yet he doesn't use perhaps his best big man in that regard.

• Like 1

I need a reason for this. There is no reason! Its mind boggling, its baffling, its despicable!

• Haha 1

no worries. hawks is showcasing their disensible players.

• Like 1

I don’t have him (thankfully, because I have Bell and having both would be a nightmare)...but he’s got too much upside to drop now, particularly nearing the all star break. Hold with no ragrets. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Wall_Star2 said:

(thankfully, because I have Bell and having both would be a nightmare)

i own both and yes, you're right. it's pretty much a nightmare...

• Haha 1

Ok rotoworld gives us a glimmer of hope.

"ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski reported on Monday that the Hawks will be active sellers at the deadline, so treat Collins like a high-upside stash."

If it makes you guys feel any better, I'd immediately swoop on him if he got dropped in my league. He would be if his owner wasn't the most patient dude in the league. 

9 hours ago, clutchfan89 said:

not sure whether i should hold? any opinions from the more experienced fantasy ballers?

It all depends on your situation.  I think he's a must-own, must-hold player because of the tantalizing upside if(when) some of these guys get moved at the deadline.  If you're struggling and need immediate production I could understand moving on.  You'd probably have major regrets in a month though.

It is absolute lunacy to play guys like Plumlee and Muscala over Collins.  At least Ilyasova is producing with the minutes he is given.  He's the one that makes sense to give minutes to as a way to showcase him for a potential trade.  But giving Plumlee and Muscala minutes over Collins should be a criminal offense.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

this year big man rotation are so bad....

BKN // PHX// ATL// SAC  all this teams have good big mans but organization  dent know what to do with them...

Edited by snroto
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, snroto said:

this year big man rotation are so bad....

BKN // PHX// ATL// SAC  all this teams have good big mans but organization  dent know what to do with them...

I noticed that too. It may have to do with the 4 spot being played by Small Forwards now. 7 footers play more exclusively at the 5 now so there is a sort of oversupply of bigs this year.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, flat_eric said:

Plumlee, Cavanaugh and Muscala are all inferior players. It doesn't take a genius to work out Collins is the kid with a future on that franchise. 

Hawks deserved to lose at the death due to their abominable front court rotations. 

It makes perfect sense for what they are doing. You know Collins is good. So you play the players you want to get rid off. Boost the trade values of Plumlee and tank at the same time. Hopefully, Collins will be feasting after trade deadline.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, cucubing said:

It makes perfect sense for what they are doing. You know Collins is good. So you play the players you want to get rid off. Boost the trade values of Plumlee and tank at the same time. Hopefully, Collins will be feasting after trade deadline.

The only problem is that even Plumlee's parents would not take him on their team if they owned one. I mean you cannot be showcasing well known garbage and expect someone thinks he found gold. He is not even on a good deal as he has 2.5 years left at 12.5M per year. Nobody wants that unless you give him a pick as well and Hawks are not giving picks away. 

I just think coach Bud out of sympathy or whatever just wants to give him some weeks of playtime until he makes him disappear after the ASB. 

Edited by RipCity0
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

I'm holding for now, I'll give him another 1-2 weeks before I think about making a move. I'm thinking ATL has to make a trade at some point, right? Thus front court logjam is hurting his development. 

13 minutes ago, trusthaprocess said:

I'm holding for now, I'll give him another 1-2 weeks before I think about making a move. I'm thinking ATL has to make a trade at some point, right? Thus front court logjam is hurting his development. 

I would wait until the deadline.

• Like 1