MONEY BALL

John Collins 2017-2018 Season Outlook

1 minute ago, hardyharhar said:

Shout out to Miles Plumlee and his 19 minutes. The worst part is we all know when Dedmon comes off his minutes restriction, Collins is going to be the one losing minutes not Plumlee.

I'm not so sure about that. Collins has a different skill set, whereas Plumlee is probably a lesser version of Dedmon in terms of rim protection and defense in the paint.

• Like 1

Bud doesn't seem to remember he started Dedmon and Collins together before they went down separately causing these bums to play.

Been telling you guys hawks are in ultimate tank mode, there's even a mini hawks tank on twitter somewhere. He will get more run when it counts for us but they aren't playing for wins right now.

Unfortunately I had to drop. If I had a comfortable lead I would probably hold

3 minutes ago, Shredded said:

Unfortunately I had to drop. If I had a comfortable lead I would probably hold

Who did you replace him with?

17 minutes ago, bruceleroy7 said:

Who did you replace him with?

He was actually my streamer spot and then I just held because he was so good for a while. For now I just picked up George hill for later today and then I’ll drop for another guy to keep streaming. I’m in the bottom half so it’s time to make moves

THJ has come back from injury, and Kawhi will come back soon. I'm pondering whether I should drop him once Kawhi comes back. Collins gave us 10 rebounds in only 15 minutes last night, which is amazing, but again, the minutes aren't there, and that's my main issue with him. Without minutes, consistent production won't be there. 

I'll hold until the Trade deadline and 3 games after to see if all of this has been posturing for the trade market. His potential is crazy in my OREB and 2x2 league

For John Collins fans, there is a 3 part series that provides a better understanding of why Plumlee and others are getting minutes instead of Collins.  It appears that Plumlee has made a difference on the defense end and Collins is still quite limited on the offensive end.

https://www.peachtreehoops.com/2018/1/13/16883226/john-collins-rookie-atlanta-hawks-growth-development-update-january

• Thanks 1

Just now, mbroo5880i said:

For John Collins fans, there is a 3 part series that provides a better understanding of why Plumlee and others are getting minutes instead of Collins.  It appears that Plumlee has made a difference on the defense end and Collins is still quite limited on the offensive end.

https://www.peachtreehoops.com/2018/1/13/16883226/john-collins-rookie-atlanta-hawks-growth-development-update-january

So does this ultimately mean that he's a drop? At first I thought they were showcasing his talents for trades..

4 minutes ago, ejaggit said:

So does this ultimately mean that he's a drop? At first I thought they were showcasing his talents for trades..

Do you mean Plumlee or Collins?

I would hold onto Collins.  I think eventually they move Illy and they see what Collins can do at the 4.  I still think Collins is a solid hold for post-ASB unless your team needs consistent production to make a push for the playoffs.

Just now, mbroo5880i said:

Do you mean Plumlee or Collins?

I would hold onto Collins.  I think eventually they move Illy and they see what Collins can do at the 4.  I still think Collins is a solid hold for post-ASB unless your team needs consistent production to make a push for the playoffs.

Collins. Okay I see what you mean. It's kinda discouraging though. Even with ilyasova I'm hoping than bud doesn't smite Collins minutes away.... I've believed in this kid ever since mid Nov 

5 minutes ago, ejaggit said:

Collins. Okay I see what you mean. It's kinda discouraging though. Even with ilyasova I'm hoping than bud doesn't smite Collins minutes away.... I've believed in this kid ever since mid Nov 

Eventually, they have to see whether he can create off the dribble.  Currently, his play around the rim makes him a younger John Henson.  I think he is capable of so much more.  We need to see if he can create his own shot and expand his range.  The Hawks will make that assessment once the season is well over and they are just finishing out the schedule.  We all know the Hawks aren't going anywhere this year but sometimes teams play through the ASB before throwing in the towel.

Edited by mbroo5880i

No real threat for me of not making the playoffs. He'll definitely be held until at least well after ASB.. How can you not take the risk on a Baptist?

Edited by ejaggit

I'm still holding firm and will go down with this ship.  It was also very encouraging to see him log some minutes next to Dedmon on Monday.  Let's hope that becomes a trend moving forward.

Closing out the game :D

Why did I start Nance ahead of him!

Great to see though. Hopefully Bud's not just rolling with the hot hand.