pdog109

Joe Flacco 2017 Season Outlook

15 - at CLE

16 - vs IND

24 points week 13 (vs DET)

22 points week 14 (at PIT)

Who's wacko on Flacco during semi's and finals?  :wacko:

Man that's a tough one. Would've never imagined to put my faith in the hands of Joe Flacco. But here I am, just lost Wentz and don't feel comfortable with any of the waiver QBs. Flacco is getting hot in recent weeks and has by far the best schedule among the available QBs, maybe among all QBs.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, frog34 said:

Man that's a tough one. Would've never imagined to put my faith in the hands of Joe Flacco. But here I am, just lost Wentz and don't feel comfortable with any of the waiver QBs. Flacco is getting hot in recent weeks and has by far the best schedule among the available QBs, maybe among all QBs.

Crazy, right? Slim pickings in my league to replace Wentz. Schedule-wise, it's Flacco or Bortles.

Weeks 15-16

Flacco at CLE, v IND

Winston v ATL, at CAR

Bortles v HOU, at SF

Trubisky at DET, v CLE

Jimmy G v TEN, v JAX

Foles at NYG, v OAK

Missed out on the, um, Nick Foles sweepstakes.

Flacco has had some good games lately and faces the Browns this week. I am trying to convince myself that Flacco is finally starting to find a groove and his early season struggles were mostly due to his pre-season injuries ... which he is finally now over?

Is Flacco back as an #Elite Streamer this week vs. the Browns?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, FreakFries said:

Missed out on the, um, Nick Foles sweepstakes.

Flacco has had some good games lately and faces the Browns this week. I am trying to convince myself that Flacco is finally starting to find a groove and his early season struggles were mostly due to his pre-season injuries ... which he is finally now over?

Is Flacco back as an #Elite Streamer this week vs. the Browns?

I think so, but Flacco as your QB in the semi's is risky. But if there was any time to start him, it would be now. He's been playing great. I have Flacco as a sans Wentz option as well.

24 minutes ago, jtbgator said:

I think so, but Flacco as your QB in the semi's is risky. But if there was any time to start him, it would be now. He's been playing great. I have Flacco as a sans Wentz option as well.

It is really Flacco vs:

Bortles

Jimmy Garapolo

Tyrod Taylor 

I just can't trust Bortles. Jax has too good a D and Houston's offense stinks. JG is interesting just no TDs.  I believe Tyrod is hurt and Miami seems to have a serious chip on their shoulder all of a sudden. 

BTW, before folks get on me: this is not an Assistant Manager forum discussion. This is a what-is-Flacco's-value discussion. Thanks. 

Edited by FreakFries

1 hour ago, FreakFries said:

It is really Flacco vs:

Bortles

Jimmy Garapolo

Tyrod Taylor 

I just can't trust Bortles. Jax has too good a D and Houston's offense stinks. JG is interesting just no TDs.  I believe Tyrod is hurt and Miami seems to have a serious chip on their shoulder all of a sudden. 

BTW, before folks get on me: this is not an Assistant Manager forum discussion. This is a what-is-Flacco's-value discussion. Thanks. 

FYI, this post is fine and doesn't cross the line into Assistant Coach content. It's general, mentions a few generally available options, and gives some analysis.

Where we run into trouble with posts like this are replies that veer off into extended discussions of Bortles vs. Taylor (Off-topic) or specific questions ("I want to add Flacco, should I drop X or Y"). As long as the discussion remains focused on Flacco and doesn't include anyone's team/league/roster decisions, it's fair game.

Carry on...

• Thanks 1

I had the same problem as a lot of you, losing Wentz. Luckily I have Rodgers but I wanted an insurance policy.

I was looking at Flacco, Foles, Garoppolo. Ended up choosing Flacco. 

The Ravens passing game has looked far better in games 9-13 than it did in games 1-8. The Ravens had all sorts of shuffling going on early in the season trying to figure out their running game with West and Allen before Collins emerged and Woodhead came back. Now it looks a lot better, and that makes Flacco's job easier. Y/A went up, completion percentage went up, QB rating went up. 

Facing Cleveland and Indianapolis over the next two weeks is pretty good. Earlier in the year he threw for 217 and 2 TD's on Cleveland, and Hundley just roasted them, so I have to think Flacco's got a great matchup this week. Cleveland is giving up almost 70% completion percentage. Flacco is good enough to feast on that. Indy is a little harder, but still not a difficult matchup IMHO. 

I like Foles' situation and think he's honestly a fine QB, but I'm not hinging my championship run on Nick Foles coming back for his first serious action since 2015 and being on his 3rd team in the last 3 years. I put in a claim for him behind Flacco just in case, but wouldn't have felt great about it. And Garoppolo was right behind Foles. Still a bit raw in SF, but not a bad matchup and he's looked good so far even if he hasn't been getting the TDs to go with his yards. 

Flacco should have a good couple of weeks. Better than many of the waiver wire options, anyway. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, brosephd said:

anyone riding with lord pretty flacco jodye

might have to if Vikes lose on Saturday and Eagles clinch. Had wentz then Rodgers and Foles. It's Flacco or Winston if Foles gets sat. Flacco probably has a decent safe floor but no upside. they just don't throw enough 

5 minutes ago, vthokie3 said:

might have to if Vikes lose on Saturday and Eagles clinch. Had wentz then Rodgers and Foles. It's Flacco or Winston if Foles gets sat. Flacco probably has a decent safe floor but no upside. they just don't throw enough 

i have winston, putting in claim for flacco. its tough because its safe floor or boom or bust with winston. however winston has been doing a lot better so maybe he will put up a floor of 15 points. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, brosephd said:

i probably will, but concerned about weather, looks like rain.  given IND is so bad on D, Flacco may have limited chances to put up points because they can run all over them and IND won't be pushing BAL to have to air it out, but the defensive matchup is very favorable, just not sure if game flow will compliment or hinder upside

17 hours ago, brosephd said:

Have to. Lost Wentz and then got one week of Rodgers but he's gone too.

In waivers I grabbed Flacco before last week, and another playoff team grabbed Garoppolo, Foles, and T. Taylor (I think to keep them from me after I lost Wentz). Just picked up Brissett as a potential for Week 17 against Houston, but Flacco is my only option this week.

2-week (16-17) championship matchup coming, so I'm pulling for a big day from Flacco.

• Like 1

i'm thinking of pairing flacco and mike wallace since my other wide receivers are DT (possible paxton lynch) and chris hogan (shoulder). Possibly go for the double dip however it's a toss up as well. Flacco has been on a good tear averaging 16-21 points standard. But like the game script with the broncos, they ran heavy after they were up, given osweiler threw 3 td's. Alex Collins been running well so worse possible outcome would be him blowing up and jumping on a lead then they just run it rest of the game. My other qb option is Winston who is hit or miss as well. 

Whose riding flacco out to the championship game? Ended up pairing him with Wallace. Scary. Need some moral support lol. Have Winston too but that feels like a trap game to me. That offensive side is really banged up.

Edited by StevenSC400

2 hours ago, StevenSC400 said:

Whose riding flacco out to the championship game? Ended up pairing him with Wallace. Scary. Need some moral support lol. Have Winston too but that feels like a trap game to me. That offensive side is really banged up.

i'm in the position, starting wallace. currently starting winston. not confident, but not really with flacco as well. he seems like a safe play and if he hooks up with wallace can pay dividends. but i'm worried if they somehow both bust then i'm already in the hole coming out of saturday. 

8 hours ago, thebull315 said:

Anyone worried about the rain/wind?

This is about the only thing thats going to make me pull him for winston or carr. A must to check it out through multiple sources tomorrow.

4 hours ago, StevenSC400 said:

This is about the only thing thats going to make me pull him for winston or carr. A must to check it out through multiple sources tomorrow.

Accuweather is predicting lighter rainfall then previously forecast. 30-50% chance with winds under 10 mph. Not optimal conditions but not enough to hinder a pro QB (who is in a good run of form) in a great matchup. 

4 minutes ago, IMRONBURGANDY? said:

Accuweather is predicting lighter rainfall then previously forecast. 30-50% chance with winds under 10 mph. Not optimal conditions but not enough to hinder a pro QB (who is in a good run of form) in a great matchup. 

Those are pretty much ideal conditions. Wind that is around 10 mph is pretty much the norm. Light rain makes it worst but not by that much I dont think. Im going to be tracking the weather tomorrow from every source I have. If it looks ok Im doubling up on flacco to wallace.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, thebull315 said:

I'm seeing 15-16 MPH winds. Maybe more of a Collins game?

Not liking the winds. Watching the pre game show you can see it. But I went on accuweather and based on that its saying it should calm down around 5 pm east coast time