TX Babe Ruth

Mohamed Sanu 2017 Season Outlook

He's competing for targets against Gabriel, Jones, and the back field, but who knows when Julio Jones's foot injury starts rearing his ugly head???

Last season was his first with Matt Ryan. Stats were 59/653/4.

He's worth a late round bench spot simply because of Matty Icce, Icce, babyyy. 

Source: AtlantaFalcons.com - Kelsey Conway

Atlanta Falcons WR Mohamed Sanu has registered the lowest drop rate of any receiver over the past two seasons, misplaying only three balls on 109 catchable passes (2.8 percent) within that span.

Bye week replacement for me. I thought he could at least get some Roddy White  numbers with Julio on the field demanding so much attention but the run game was  too strong.

Hooper is ramping up as a viable TE.

Gabriel is ramping up as a viable downfield threat.

Coleman and Freeman both catch a volume of balls out of the backfield.

Julio Jones is a beast.

Sanu had just 81 targets last year... I do not see that increasing, at all.

Sanu is a reasonable complimentary role player, but consistency for fantasy purposes is not in the cards.

He caught more than 5 balls twice last year and crossed the 80 yard milestone just twice, as well.

Like @dashoe, I see Sanu as a bye week guy... should not be holding a roster spot in shallow leagues.

There's a bunch of guys like Sanu in fantasy: underneath WRs who will reliably give you 40 yards a week, with little chance of a touchdown. Danny Amendola is the prototype. 

The consistency makes them good bye week fillers, but they simply don't score enough to be anything more. 

Anybody feeling bullish on this guy after last week? He would be the one for me to drop for one of the waiver wire darlings but 6 catches aren't too shabby. I didn't see the game.

On 2017. 9. 13. at 11:12 AM, SmokePit said:

Anybody feeling bullish on this guy after last week? He would be the one for me to drop for one of the waiver wire darlings but 6 catches aren't too shabby. I didn't see the game.

6Tgts 5Recs 85Yds this week against the Packers. Not too bad, he could be a sneaky add

not much hype on him.  with teams likely to double julio all season, imagine he would be a decent beneficiary?  would rather have someone who has matt ryan throwing him the ball than someone like higgins with a rookie qb, no?

My favorite under the radar add for this week.  He's got Ryan's trust and gets a decent target share even with Julio in there.  And since we know Julio has a history of injuries, he has WR2 upside should that happen again.

i have the same feeling as well. i'm starting him this week and hoping for 5/80 with a TD. Jones will be superglued so someone gotta step up for redzone.

Edited by Digitalpower35

He reminds me of poor man's Michael Crabtree and I don't understand why he isn't on anyones radar. 

At 28 he is not ancient, and after two games he is on pace for 120 targets, 88 receptions, and 1000+ yards. (small sample size... but I love that offense)

At the moment, I think of him as walking the line between bye-week replacement and startable flex. With a roughly 15-20% chance of performing like a legitimate WR2 rest of season. 

Edited by ChicksDigTheOPS

1 hour ago, ChicksDigTheOPS said:

He reminds me of poor man's Michael Crabtree and I don't understand why he isn't on anyones radar. 

At 28 he is not ancient, and after two games he is on pace for 120 targets, 88 receptions, and 1000+ yards. (small sample size... but I love that offense)

At the moment, I think of him as walking the line between bye-week replacement and startable flex. With a roughly 15-20% chance of performing like a legitimate WR2 rest of season. 

He benefits from Julio having top coverage but unfortunately he isnt that wr that is going to win you a title. He doesnt win u a week, just fills a slot so u dont have 0 points. Lots of other wr's you can find week to week off the waiver that will give u his numbers like marvin jones, terrence williams,kendall wright,  lockett, richardson, shepard, etc,etc

Feel safer starting him or Diggs? I think Sanu is a sneaky pickup this week. 

On 9/23/2017 at 8:50 PM, dashoe said:

He doesnt win u a week, just fills a slot so u dont have 0 points. 

He literally just won me my week :lol:

But I agree, he's not a great asset. Almost the definition of walking the line between rosterable and waiver material. The post-prime Denard Span of football. 

WW is Thursday in my league. I have an IR slot. Will ESPN mark him as O before Thursday or is his status in limbo until after the bye week? Anyone has experience with this?

He is confirmed to be out 2 or 3 weeks.

Is this guy back soon???

i wanna pick him up over the likes of Allen hurns/ Robert woods 

6 minutes ago, BornandbredHeel said:

Sign me back up.

Picked him up in two leagues. As many targets as he was getting, in that offense? Sign me up too. They need him to help turn around this losing skid.

4 minutes ago, Hoozenabunker said:

Picked him up in two leagues. As many targets as he was getting, in that offense? Sign me up too. They need him to help turn around this losing skid.

Bingo.

Taken off the injury report. My WRs have tough matchup this week (Adams vs. NO, Allen vs. Denver, Baldwin @ NYG) so I may pick up and stream. 

1 hour ago, jagsfan05 said:

In a PPR league, would you play Sanu this week over both Javarious Allen and Cooper Kupp in a flex spot?

I think this is the only week this year you can feel good about playing Sanu, until Julio gets hurt.

11 minutes ago, iheartrubio said:

Shanahan left and that offense is dead.  Freeman is the only viable starter.  

Lol awesome - stick Julio on your bench fellas. Forget the fact he’s averaging 7/80.