accudart

Christian Pache-OF Atl

Surprised not to see a thread on him. Wondering if it's time to pounce on him.

From May 30th, Chris Mitchel/Fangraphs

Cristian Pache, OF, Atlanta (Profile)
Preseason KATOH+ Projection: 3.0
Current KATOH+ Projection: 6.0

Pache has held his own in Low-A at the tender age of 18, slashing .291/.349/.360. Pache’s speed is what really sets him apart, though, as he’s swiped 12 bags and played an elite center field by Clay Davenport’s numbers. Speed remains Pache’s calling card, but he’s hit surprisingly well against older competition.

Scouts rave about him but I'm holding off to see even an inkling of some power.  Right now he seems more of a good baseball prospect than fantasy one.

Depends on how deep your prospect rosters are and who else is on yours in particular. Based on the reports it could be an ideal time to grab him before the stock takes off in the next few seasons.

you know I thought there was a tread but I searched and came up with nothing:) Guess I should try my own post...

A likely reason is the spelling of his first name, there's no "h" in it, it's Cristian Pache (you have it in one thread title as Christian and in the other as Christan).

Appeared in a recent FG update in top 30 overall...

Now I get that some of that is based on his awesome CF defense, but he is really starting to tap into his whole game this year.

The stats simply still are not 'wow' but playing in the pitcher friendly FSL they are solid enough.

He's still largely a lotto ticket type, but a high end one with the arrow pointing ^^^

26 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Appeared in a recent FG update in top 30 overall...

Now I get that some of that is based on his awesome CF defense, but he is really starting to tap into his whole game this year.

The stats simply still are not 'wow' but playing in the pitcher friendly FSL they are solid enough.

He's still largely a lotto ticket type, but a high end one with the arrow pointing ^^^

Agree. I think the floor is very similar to Albert Almora with upside for quite a bit better. Still very young.