ballr3

Rajon Rondo 2017-2018 Season Outlook

11 minutes ago, Taipan said:

Looks like his piss-poor attitude is revealing its ugly head in NO, which explains the low minutes. Sucks because NO is such a better team when he plays well. I still think he’s a hold and will buy into Gentry’s system or continue to sit on the bench.

I don't blame him for this one. I wouldn't buy into anything Gentry does. He shouldn't even be a coach.

It's awful because this might be his last stop before playing with Stephon Marburry in China. Hopefully he'll get it together and be a professional for once. Wishful thinking I know...

11 minutes ago, Trench Mob said:

I don't blame him for this one. I wouldn't buy into anything Gentry does. He shouldn't even be a coach.

It's awful because this might be his last stop before playing with Stephon Marburry in China. Hopefully he'll get it together and be a professional for once. Wishful thinking I know...

Gentry is pretty awful with the talent in NO no way should they be a .500 team.

12 minutes ago, Panic said:

Gentry is pretty awful with the talent in NO no way should they be a .500 team.

Eh I guess...

They have a respectable radius with AD, Cousins, and Uncle Jrue. But it's been years since they had a deplorable wing player and they still don't have a bench. They are who their record says they are. Dysfunctional, but not as bad as the other teams who seem to throw poop at the wall every other game like the Kings and Suns.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Trench Mob said:

Eh I guess...

They have a respectable radius with AD, Cousins, and Uncle Jrue. But it's been years since they had a deplorable wing player and they still don't have a bench. They are who their record says they are. Dysfunctional, but not as bad as the other teams who seem to throw poop at the wall every other game like the Kings and Suns.

You mean dependable? lol :P

• Haha 1

Love/Hate owning Rondo, Love/Hate Rondo's role in NO, Love/Hate his production (minutes/inconsistency), Hate Gentry. 

• Haha 1

its his game of the week. he will be horrible for the rest of the week :(

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

i think gentry wont have a choice to play rondo they are so much better with him on the court... they were up by 15 or so.. he went out they lost the lead he just got back in and they got the game tied up now...  and have big momentum

• Like 1

The issue with Rondo is that he needs to maintain consistent effort on defense. There was an article on The Bird Writes that explained why he only played 15 minutes against the Jazz - some of the plays showcased had Rondo looking absolutely lax on defense. Hopefully that lit a fire up in his a**. Defense = minutes.

1 minute ago, sharkpotato said:

Hope some of you didn't drop him.

I was very close. I wanted to see how he went today.. and lucky i did !

• Like 1

When AD's out, he's pretty much a guaranteed walking triple double. Need another one of those today. 

3 hours ago, Trench Mob said:

When AD's out, he's pretty much a guaranteed walking triple double. Need another one of those today. 

Yup... With Day to Davis he's essentially guaranteed a triple double twice a week ;)

What’s going on with him? Hasn’t done squat in the 2nd half

1 hour ago, Taipan said:

What’s going on with him? Hasn’t done squat in the 2nd half

What do you mean, after his stellar 15 minute first half consisting of 12 points, 2 rebounds, 3 assists and a steal with 1 3pter made - what was disappointing about 16 minute second half where he scored 2 points off 1 of 2 shooting, and did absolutely nothing else.. ?

Can anybody fill me in on why he's been so Jekyll and Hyde the past few weeks? He'll get 10-15 assists one night and the next game he'll have like 3 or 2. The disparity here is extreme for a player of his caliber and i'm just baffled by it now.

10 minutes ago, sharkpotato said:

Can anybody fill me in on why he's been so Jekyll and Hyde the past few weeks? He'll get 10-15 assists one night and the next game he'll have like 3 or 2. The disparity here is extreme for a player of his caliber and i'm just baffled by it now.

I agree... He's way too talented to be doing this

Could be the AD effect. I'm not sure though. He seriously looked disinterested today and just let Jrue, Boogie and Davis do everything. 

yeah he seemed like he didnt care... he gets 1 game like that a week lol... still worth owning.

I feel like he's going to go down to 4apg by the end of the season :( not good so far

Keen for his 18 assists next game. Or the game after that. 

• Like 1

Anyone else tempted to drop in a 12 teamer? Seems like a frustrating own ROS.