the_dying_dream

Kerwynn Williams 2017 Season Outlook

Man, if this guy has control of the backfield over the next two games he could have a big impact on the FF playoffs. Reminds of the Fat Rob Kelley situation last year.

Edited by LongBalls

i like the way he ran vs the rams. seriously considering to flex him over alfred morris. his floor seems like 60 yards and maybe some in the pass game. 

Yahoo now has him predicted at around 10 points opposed to the 1.6 from yesterday.

I might play him over Hyde because JG has been passing more to his WR over RB. 

Also worth noting that the Redskins look to be without Inside linebacker Zach Brown this week, which will likely open things up even more for Williams against a very sub-par run defense.

Edited by LongBalls
  • Like 1

When your team is stuck with untested underperforming middle of the pack RBs such as Williams, LMurray & Alf your decision on who to start i have to believe is a dart throw. 

What at is the right word (s) to describe that threesome ? 

I like this matchup though.

Per my 0.5 PPR settings, the Redskins have been getting creamed by the run, not pass-catching backs.

Over the last 2 games, the Redskins have given up 51 points (25 PPG average, way above league average.) Of those 51 points, 3 are touchdowns.

So, you're left with 35 points. They have given up 300 rushing yards (30 points). 

5 points left over for pass-catching backs and receptions.

Guess what Kerwynn Williams excels at? Running the ball.

This matchup looking better by the minute.

I picked up this cat for free the week after his breakout when every one expected Foster to take over for an injured AP. Went through waivers surprisingly unclaimed. And now he is a starting RB. Sometimes it takes a little luck.

No, he's not very explosive nor exciting, and he's not in on many passing downs. But he does catch an occasional pass or two. Those of us who are starting him likely have no better options. Plug in and hope for volume based production.

Picked him up due to "I made of glass" Fournette pissin me off as usually...:angry:

K.Williams has good matchup this week, and even a better matchup next week :rolleyes:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I have this guy, and understand the optimism based on match-up, but there are a few red flags:

First, Arizona DST does not travel to the east coast well and might be chasing points (meaning DJ Foster game and not Wililams).

Second ... yes, the Washington interior line is missing Zach Brown, but Arizona just lost another two members of its offensive line last game:

Against Washington, the Cardinals plan to start — from left to right — Will Holden, Alex Boone, A.Q. Shipley, Evan Boehm and John Wetzel.

Holden and Boehm are replacing Jared Veldheer and Earl Watford, respectively; both of whom got hurt in the Tennessee game.

Veldheer has been lost for the season, becoming the third starting offensive lineman to be placed on injured reserve, joining left tackle D.J. Humphries and left guard Mike Iupati.

Holden will be making his second career start. Back in Week 4 against San Francisco, the 24-year-old rookie was the starting left guard.

Meanwhile, Boehm is rejoining the starting lineup. He was the right guard for the first five games of the season and then lost the job to Watford. Most of Boehm’s playing time since has been on special teams with the occasional snap at fullback.

Edited by LongBalls

Shown he can get 60-80 yards 

floor is 7 points in standard, ceiling 13-15 if he can bust a touchdown in??

seems like a solid rb2/flex 

Edited by Asapjoshy

Good matchup, but what about gameflow. I imagine the Redskins will come out firing and the Cards could be down huge in a hurry

This will shock people. I was shocked at least.

It's why FantasyPros is just one of several perspectives I consider - definitely not gospel.

For instance - one of the "experts" - who rates Perine #24 at RB to KW's #37, says in the "notes" section:

"Arizona is 7th against fantasy running backs this year, Perine is a low-upside flex option this week."

If Perine is a "low-upside flex option" and you like him 13 spots higher than KW in a better matchup let's just say I'll trust my own judgement on that.

21 minutes ago, SuperJoint said:

This will shock people. I was shocked at least.

It's why FantasyPros is just one of several perspectives I consider - definitely not gospel.

For instance - one of the "experts" - who rates Perine #24 at RB to KW's #37, says in the "notes" section:

"Arizona is 7th against fantasy running backs this year, Perine is a low-upside flex option this week."

If Perine is a "low-upside flex option" and you like him 13 spots higher than KW in a better matchup let's just say I'll trust my own judgement on that.

I own both. I'm starting Perine. Why? Thompson, Kelley, and now Marshall are all on the IR. After Marshall went down last week, Perine saw 80% of the snap count. Washington had to go out and sign Kapri Bibbs just so Perine wouldn't be the only RB on the roster. He's in line to play 90% of the snaps this week. Granted, Arizona is a bad matchup for RBs. However, I don't see Arizona blowing out Washington or even winning the game. This means Perine will be running the ball early and often, as the game script should favor him immensely. It's about volume and scoring opportunities. He can go 20 carries for 60 yards and 3-4 receptions, and still have a floor of 10 or 11 points in PPR.

Granted, I love Kerwynn's matchup this week. I really do. But I just can't bring myself to start him as we just don't know whether or not he will score a TD. In a hypothetical where neither scores, I'd rather have Perine and his floor, snap count, and volume. It's closer than #24 versus #37 though. I see both of these guys as top 20 options at RB.

Edited by CamNewton
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, CamNewton said:

I own both. I'm starting Perine. Why? Thompson, Kelley, and now Marshall are all on the IR. After Marshall went down last week, Perine saw 80% of the snap count. Washington had to go out and sign Kapri Bibbs just so Perine wouldn't be the only RB on the roster. He's in line to play 90% of the snaps this week. Granted, Arizona is a bad matchup for RBs. However, I don't see Arizona blowing out Washington or even winning the game. This means Perine will be running the ball early and often, as the game script should favor him immensely. It's about volume and scoring opportunities. He can go 20 carries for 60 yards and 3-4 receptions, and still have a floor of 10 or 11 points in PPR.

Granted, I love Kerwynn's matchup this week. I really do. But I just can't bring myself to start him as we just don't know whether or not he will score a TD. In a hypothetical where neither scores, I'd rather have Perine and his floor, snap count, and volume. It's closer than #24 versus #37 though. I see both of these guys as top 20 options at RB.

Yeah now this is real analysis. Appreciate it.

• Thanks 1