joshua18

Darren McFadden 2017 Season Outlook

23 hours ago, JSA2422 said:

everyday he's inactive is just another day for him to get in that weight room..just another day building that strength and endurance back ..just another day of studying the playbook...he is the legit weapon X just waiting for his time...to unleash his carnage onto the football field, to leave no prisoners .. 

Image result for last boy scout shooting

Yes, the answer is always PCP.

DMC is gonna come out of left field, to dumb owners that is, and win me championships all over the place!!!!

As much as I like McFadden, Rod Smith is to be the passing back and this dude is 6'3 240LB. Big guy with good hands and pass pro skills. If I'm Garrett, I'll at least try him out. 

I'm sure McFadden still has juice but I just don't think the current situation is working in his favor(I have Zeke, McFadden and Smith).

I don't know. I don't have a good feeling about it. I guess I can't drop him yet, but damn am I tempted with Woodhead sitting out there.

Nope. Still here. Rod Smith is a hype product of this board and Alf is still Alf 

2 minutes ago, griffin727 said:

I don't know. I don't have a good feeling about it. I guess I can't drop him yet, but damn am I tempted with Woodhead sitting out there.

Could you repeat that so i know it is not a typo please.

TIA

4 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Could you repeat that so i know it is not a typo please.

TIA

What's that? I'm assuming everyone is on board the Woody train and thinks this is a no brainer?

20 minutes ago, herschel said:

So has everyone abandoned this ship???

I'm still on board!!!

7 of 9 shares in Mcfadden(8 last week but needed a defense in one league)

4 shares of Morris

3 of Smith (Smith still available in one league but don't have room)

Seems like the perfect scenario to me.  Guy is ready to go.  I'm sure he is ready to prove everyone wrong. Last time we saw him in any volume, he had a 1,000 yard year. Then he got hurt, they drafted Zeke, and we are here now.  He isn't going to get another chance anywhere else, if he can run decent, might get a contract after this year.

I'm sorry I posted this in the Rod Smith thread but I then when and read through this thread and Alfs as well, and I really think this applies to Dmac in particular as well. Mostly because I think Rod Smith is getting too much hype, and now Dmacs is dying. I am just confused by it and think people are going to end up stealing the guy In Dmac. 

For the record I own Smith in a few leagues too..but i own Dmac in all leagues. 

I just can't understand most of the thinking that is even going on Rod Smith. I picked him up as a blindfolded dart throw. Not only would I have to be really liquored up to consider starting him this week, but I don't foresee him taking over this backfield this week, or at any time during Zekes time out. That would be unless there is an injury to Alf or Dmac (I'll get to him in a second). 

Rod smith was a very part time player at Ohio state. I know people will point to who they had on the Osu roster ahead of him, but I don't understand where everyone is seeing this bell cow in the making, or even some pass catching back. He has showed pretty decent in the preseason & had his limited time in garbage vs the terrible 9ers.  Again, these are some of the reasons I picked him up to stash at the back for a week or so. 

Even with the decent stuff Rod has shown.. he has also been a gunner on special teams and lines up at fullback for Zeke. This aren't usually things you would do with a guy who you think is a potential bell cow type, or really even any type of impact guy. I get rosters are slim and some guys have to play on special teams to make sense dressing them.. but still.

I don't think the cowgirls would have kept both Alf & Dmac on the roster this season if they weren't preparing to let them fill in for this moment. I especially think Dmac in particular was being inactive to stay healthy for this time. I know how people can thing that is dumb, but I don't see another reason to keep him even after the preseason ended if that wasn't the thought process. Alf was a good complement for the 1-2 carries a game Zeke left for off his plate each week, so didn't make running Dmac out there a priority. Especially when it came to fullback/special teams.. where the guy Roddy Smith came into play. And also why I know he dressed over Dmac. They almost have to "claim" rod is the current #2 going into this week. 

Alf & Dmac have been bellcows and have both put in pro bowl numbers. I'm not saying either is still at that level, not even close. But I don't think they have fallen off enough to somehow lose this thing all together to this limited time in college, fullback, gunner. I like the guy, I honestly do.. but anyone thinking he is more valuable to have than Alf or Dmac is out there. If they all stay healthy throughout this thing, then I would be happy to come back and admit I was wrong. 

I ultimately think Dmac will have had the most touches when this mess is all said and done. Just a gut feeling, but I also think a lot of past signs can point to that as well. 

While I'd love for DMC to end up as the back to own here (as a Zeke owner that has DMC and not Morris), I really just think DMC's inactive status was completely based on roles in the offense, and not to "save him" or "keep him healthy".  If you only have so many active roster spots on game day, and Smith plays special teams, one of DMC or Morris has to be inactive.  If the gameplan is to feed Zeke early and often, and then use the backup RB to run out the clock late in the game if it's a blowout, then Morris makes the most sense for that.  DMC has just been the odd man out so far.  

They've kept all 3 on the roster thus far because the suspension to Zeke has been looming all season, every week.  DMC makes something like $500k this year, so it's not like they're saving anything if they cut him and then have to re-sign some other RB off the street in a couple weeks when Zeke's suspension is upheld.  And DMC isn't some kind of special talent that a team would hold out and save.  This is all obviously just my opinion, but I just think there are much more logical explanations for DMC being inactive than "they were saving him".

That all said, I also don't think it's as simple as "he's 3rd on the depth chart" now because of his inactive status; he was inactive due to the game plan and roster makeup with Zeke playing.  Now that he's going to be active, I do think it could come down to who has the hot hand each week.  Whoever has the hot hand this week will have their RW thread blow up with cheers of "we got a league winner here", only to see one of the other three get hot next week and get the majority of touches.  Maybe I'm wrong on that too, but there isn't any single back that's going to replace Zeke's production, or a large portion of it, IMO.  

For PPR I think DMC or Smith (whoever ends up with the majority of that 3rd down/pass catching back role) will end up more useful than Morris.

Well that sucked. Kinda shocking he got only a single carry. Morris looked meh outside of one drive, Smith looked decent but didn't get many touches. Put up 1000 yards behind this line, was the projected starter for the first 6 weeks, and then sees a single carry tonight. Just weird. 

8 minutes ago, Lord_Varys said:

How many of you actually held him all year? 

Drafted in the 8th round and held ALL year.  Again, the appeal of taking Zeke was you had a clear workhorse backup in DMC, and Zeke was only going to miss 6 games, before the heavy bye weeks were in.  This whole thing got eff'd with the delays in the suspension.  

Anyways, I'll admit I was 100% wrong and upset I wasted a spot and passed on great guys for -.2 points, from my bench.  

They're just saving him for next week.  They didn't want to give him too many touches this week and risk getting him injured.  Next week he feasts!

Sometimes a spade is a spade.  I can't imagine, without injury, that he becomes anything more than a COP back based on what I saw today.

Alf sucked ? 11 carries for 50+ yards is solid

You know who sucks? The guy they chose not to dress all season - and then once he did, he still managed to have less yards than he did coming into the game

-2 yards on the season, 1 game active. That “sucks”

Edited by CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast

2 minutes ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

Alf sucked ? 11 carries for 50+ yards is solid

You know who sucks? The guy they chose not to dress all season - and then once he did, he still managed to have less yards than he did coming into the game

-2 yards on the season, 1 game active. That “sucks”

He got 35 of those yards on 2 carries, the rest of the game he ran into the back of the offensive line and watched Dak get murdered. The Cowboys backfield was garbage. 

If you got the room...I'd hold. 

Those that own DMC or own Smith (or own both)....what we didn't want to see was a 20-25 carry game with a couple of receptions from Alf for 100+ yards and a cowboys victory.