larfboy

Andrew Wiggins 2017-2018 Season Outlook

so...what are the outlooks on this guy now that Minnesota looks pretty stacked. do you think his scoring dips and overall stats balances out a bit? 

1 hour ago, larfboy said:

so...what are the outlooks on this guy now that Minnesota looks pretty stacked. do you think his scoring dips and overall stats balances out a bit? 

The key to his value in this revamped offense is to increase his 3PTM,  his ft% and other peripheral stats. I would assume his scoring is almost a lock to drop, although his tos and fg% may improve. I think a good season for him relative to ADP will something like this, 

21ppg-4rpg-3apg-1.9 3PTM-1 Steals-46%fgs-80%fts-2.0 Tos

4 hours ago, Code of Hammurabi said:

The key to his value in this revamped offense is to increase his 3PTM,  his ft% and other peripheral stats. I would assume his scoring is almost a lock to drop, although his tos and fg% may improve. I think a good season for him relative to ADP will something like this, 

I wish. Then he would be on my roto team. 

41 minutes ago, ssolitare said:

I wish. Then he would be on my roto team. 

i dont see this as far-fetched. maybe the 1.9 3ptm is a little high but other than that i think it's realistic. all i know is wiggins will want to move out of minnesota when his contract is up if his numbers suffer and the wolves aren't within contention. 

21 hours ago, Code of Hammurabi said:

I think the 3 PTM and FT% is unrealistic. Otherwise I agree.

If I had to bet my life, I would bet on a Ft% of 76%

14 hours ago, IsraeliPSYCHO said:

i think he's underrated regularly on here .. and i expect his peripheral stats and percentages to get better with butler on the team. 

Wiggins has been many things but never underrated. 

5 hours ago, blob2004 said:

Wiggins has been many things but never underrated. 

on this forum people act like he's not even draftable....go look at his old threads lol

4 hours ago, apatas said:

Unfortunately illegal screen foul by KAT preceded to Wiggins game winning shot.

Prob wrong thread. Wiggins owners like that he hit that shot. 

3 hours ago, Purple Hippo said:

56 ft% on 7.6 fta? Wow, that is all kinds of awful. 

thatll sort itself out, he's always been over 75%

Edited by IsraeliPSYCHO

23 shots last night (7-23). Towns and Butler took 24 combined. Someone needs to get through to this kid and get him to pass the damn ball. He's a black hole and has been for years now. 

that's why i always say he is overrated in fantasy

46 minutes ago, kane said:

that's why i always say he is overrated in fantasy

I think hes much more overrated in real life because of highlight plays. Most people recognise he is very limited in fantasy.

8 minutes ago, Judicious said:

Why did I draft him again? I was fully aware he is a terrible fantasy basketball asset, but I still did it? Why?

Are you Canadian?  We love Maple Jordan up here

8 hours ago, absknicks said:

23 shots last night (7-23). Towns and Butler took 24 combined. Someone needs to get through to this kid and get him to pass the damn ball. He's a black hole and has been for years now. 

He has an owner that just maxed him out and wanted a sit down with him before committing the money. Wiggins is going to struggle to find the balance on a nightly basis. On one hand he feels like he has a contract to live up to and I am sure the owner feels the same way. On the other hand he has a talented roster that needs him to play defense and find his niche alongside a super talented starting 5. I don't envy Wiggins this year because he is in a lose-lose unless they go far in the playoffs (which they won't). End of the day Thibs needs to implement an offensive system geared towards his personnel and make them execute it. Unfortunately, I don't think he is the right or optimal coach to do it.