RedRaider27

Brandon Ingram 2017-18 Outlook

8 hours ago, mthdmn said:

I hate this guy's game so much.

damn tell us how you really feel.

only thing besides FT's I dont like about his game is he forces the drive alot  instead of shooting the pull up or the 3

The reality is he's hurting me more than helping me with those constant bad FT shooting games, because his game is ISO, and with that being his strengths he get's to the line more often than others and when he can't knock them down it's almost the hack-a-ingram effect where I should be around 83% avg FT shooting he literally brings me down to 70-75% which is usually enough to lose that cat. I'm gonna try to trade him. 

7 hours ago, ComeOnAndSlam said:

I don't know how people are owning this guy in non-punt FT builds.  He's toxic from the line. 

It's kind of interesting how two of the top 3 picks from the 2016 draft in Jaylen Brown and Ingram are having a similar kind of breakout fantasy campaign this season.  

Both have improved their scoring by a lot and while they've become standard league worthy they both have the same problem with knocking down FTs and are only really suitable for punt FT builds.  Considering Simmons is also disgusting from the line you've got the top 3 picks from 2016 who are all best suited to a punt FT.  

BBM standard 9 cat rankings:  

Brown - 153

Simmons - 66

Ingram - 198

BBM 9 cat, punt FT rankings:

Brown - 76

Simmons - 15

Ingram - 106

Not great that he can't even crack the top 100 even in a punt ft build. 

12 minutes ago, Purple Hippo said:

a little misleading as ...

nwaba, lenn, carrol, payton, ect  in the next 15 are ranked ahead and no chance i would project any of them over ingram

i guess you could find players ranked better than they are in all formats but seems like there are a good bit more in front of ingram

i traded ingram a couple weeks into the season for an upgrade but i have been trying to get him back  since i traded him

6 hours ago, Purple Hippo said:

Definitely.  Lack of 3s and steals hurts him here.  Also for a guy who doesn't shoot many 3s .45 FG% is just okay.

Ingram looks more like a rookie than Kuzma and Ball do.

Edited by DLG10

if you own him, you're holding hoping that any laker fans out there will want to trade for him. unfortunately, most fans of the lakers also hate this guy and prefer kuz over him. I cringe when I see Ingram handle the ball. he is tall alright, but his dribble is so damn high, he has poor handles.

I think Ingram and Wiggins have thought us all that Wingspan and athleticism are just minor parts of a player's potential success. Sure these things you can't teach, they are not everything too. Ingram and esp Wiggins made me realize that bball iq and fundamental skills like shooting, and even free throws is not as easy to learn even when you get good shooting coaches when you go pro.

Edited by sya

7 hours ago, sya said:

unfortunately, most fans of the lakers also hate this guy and prefer kuz over him. 

Most Laker fans are intelligent enough to realize that they don't have to choose. They'll both be in the league for a long time, with good reason. 

• Like 2

what an a********. didnt even have gtd or anything and played a late game so I couldn't sub anyone in for him. Lost by 1 point LOL

Someone offerred me Myles Turner for him in a points league. He is actually good if you punt FT in your build.

2 minutes ago, rob0403 said:

Someone offerred me Myles Turner for him in a points league. He is actually good if you punt FT in your build.

Tis the season of giving, i suppose O.o

I hope u accepted before posting.

On ‎12‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 2:03 AM, sya said:

if you own him, you're holding hoping that any laker fans out there will want to trade for him. unfortunately, most fans of the lakers also hate this guy and prefer kuz over him. I cringe when I see Ingram handle the ball. he is tall alright, but his dribble is so damn high, he has poor handles.

I think Ingram and Wiggins have thought us all that Wingspan and athleticism are just minor parts of a player's potential success. Sure these things you can't teach, they are not everything too. Ingram and esp Wiggins made me realize that bball iq and fundamental skills like shooting, and even free throws is not as easy to learn even when you get good shooting coaches when you go pro.

I'm a laker fan and I def. don't want them to trade Ingram. Kids only 20 years old and has years ahead of him. 

11 minutes ago, erick2008e said:

I'm a laker fan and I def. don't want them to trade Ingram. Kids only 20 years old and has years ahead of him. 

He is talking about trading in fantasy 

tired of these coaches talking about minute restrictions ingram has played 42 mins lol.

great line for points leagues 5/11 from ft line though

On 12/25/2017 at 8:57 AM, IonZephyr said:

Tis the season of giving, i suppose O.o

I hope u accepted before posting.

Ingram isn't a scrub in points leagues

played about 65 mins and shot the ball 6 times

Edited by affliction