RedRaider27

Brandon Ingram 2017-18 Outlook

Lit. Tonight was definitely a step in the right direction and a nice confidence boost for a young kid. 

Stay off the internet and social media young blood

Edited by jiiiggz

The game is only starting the 4th quarter and he's already done what I was hoping he'd do for the end of the game (could sprinkle some more boards and dimes but that's me nitpicking though).

Very efficient tonight with scoring. Hope he keeps it up against Pelicans on sunday. 

It's the Suns team that lost by almost 50 in the first game.

I'd not get my hopes up for a similar performance going forward.

Edited by det_tigers

36 minutes ago, det_tigers said:

It's the Suns team that lost by almost 50 in the first game.

I'd not get my hopes up for a similar performance going forward.

Well I'll happily take tonight game as a bounce back, no matter who it's against.

20 hours ago, miasma16 said:

No. I don't. Even last game, when he was as bad as ever, he flashed on that And1. If you don't see what made him an elite college player, you simply have not watched him play basketball and it's obvious to the rest of us. 

Hey genius, guess what? Every year there are dozens of players drafted who were the big fish in the small pond, until they got to the league. Whatever "balling" you saw, wasn't in the NBA other that in sporadic spurts. OJ Mayo was balling his a** off, and it was obvious to anyone who saw him. Guess where he is now?

He is too young for me to call his a bust, but to refer to his time in college as proof of something when we have his actual NBA body of work to analyze, would be like me ignoring Jimmer's NBA career because he "balled" in college. 

1 hour ago, Judicious said:

Hey genius, guess what? Every year there are dozens of players drafted who were the big fish in the small pond, until they got to the league. Whatever "balling" you saw, wasn't in the NBA other that in sporadic spurts. OJ Mayo was balling his a** off, and it was obvious to anyone who saw him. Guess where he is now?

He is too young for me to call his a bust, but to refer to his time in college as proof of something when we have his actual NBA body of work to analyze, would be like me ignoring Jimmer's NBA career because he "balled" in college. 

OJ Mayo was brilliant in his rookie season and was good in his second. He didn't succeed because he had bad work habits.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Jaguar Paw said:

OJ Mayo was brilliant in his rookie season and was good in his second. He didn't succeed because he had bad work habits.

yea, that was a bad example

abd jimmer feedette simply didn't have an nba body

ingram doesn't have them problems 

2 hours ago, Judicious said:

OJ Mayo is out of the league for substance abuse not because of a lack of talent.

Jimmer was a prolific scorer in college but never had the athletic gifts or tools that Brandon has. Jimmer also apparently had a personality ssue with his team & teammates where he apparently felt that the people around him needed to work their game around him.

Substance abuse and being an egotist led to the downfall of these two players. Time has yet to tell what will happen to Ingram, but it doesn't look like these two cases will happen (knock on wood).

5 hours ago, Judicious said:

Take your L. 

• Like 1

I like Ingram this year he has shown the ability to fill out the stat sheet and there’s an increase in FGA. I’m hoping for 1.5/15/6/3/1/.5 solid Ft % and poor fg%

Ingram's gonna blow up.  He can help in almost every category.  I could write a long post about him, but...just make sure he's on your fantasy team and be patient.

2 hours ago, HulkSmash said:

Ingram's gonna blow up.  He can help in almost every category.  I could write a long post about him, but...just make sure he's on your fantasy team and be patient.

Oh how I hope so, my team is sucking majorly right now!

3 hours ago, HulkSmash said:

Oh alright, all yall got me hyped. He was dropped in my league and I just bid $44 of my $100 waiver budget on him. If ya'll wrong about him, then I will find you. 

15 minutes ago, 2013myyear said:

Oh alright, all yall got me hyped. He was dropped in my league and I just bid $44 of my $100 waiver budget on him. If ya'll wrong about him, then I will find you. 

Lol that is a lot to blow on 1 player man.. so early..

6 hours ago, mjp90 said:

Lol that is a lot to blow on 1 player man.. so early..

Yea, I know. I wanted to make sure I get him. Everyone is so frugal with their FAAB and always have a lot of money left over at the end of the season because it's so rare for stupid drops like this to happen. I think I'll be fine. 

4 minutes ago, 2013myyear said:

Yea, I know. I wanted to make sure I get him. Everyone is so frugal with their FAAB and always have a lot of money left over at the end of the season because it's so rare for stupid drops like this to happen. I think I'll be fine. 

yeah true in that case then go for it! All aboard the ingram train

He's a very mini Giannis.  Being so young you can expect some games that he struggles, but with his length, willingness to pass, and high motor + ambitions, he's going to give us a little bit of everything every week.  There is absolutely no reason to drop him.  He'll only get better, and more stats will stabilize as the year goes on.  Plus they're gonna play him as many minutes as he can handle.  The future of the franchise depends on his development, both as a future star, and their ability to pry PG from OKC, and even LBJ.

8 hours ago, HulkSmash said:

He's a very mini Giannis.  Being so young you can expect some games that he struggles, but with his length, willingness to pass, and high motor + ambitions, he's going to give us a little bit of everything every week.  There is absolutely no reason to drop him.  He'll only get better, and more stats will stabilize as the year goes on.  Plus they're gonna play him as many minutes as he can handle.  The future of the franchise depends on his development, both as a future star, and their ability to pry PG from OKC, and even LBJ.

stop insulting giannis lol

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, taenggg said:

stop insulting giannis lol

giannis averaged 12 points in his second season .. ingram ahead of pace actually 

He looks terrible. We should've traded him for George when we had the chance.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, IsraeliPSYCHO said:

giannis averaged 12 points in his second season .. ingram ahead of pace actually 

If I remember correctly, Giannis was a project coming in to the NBA while Ingram was a College superstar for Duke.