RedRaider27

Brandon Ingram 2017-18 Outlook

Ingram's pick&roll handle and movement is so raw & weak i dont get it how Walton fails to see this.

Its one thing to utilize him as a cutter, lead a fast brake, iso plays or spot-up, but the kid is not Lebron.

drop him in 10 teamers? evan turner rozier bayless skal ferrell snell jonathon simmons isaac all available

Just now, Xmantt said:

drop him in 10 teamers? evan turner rozier bayless skal ferrell snell jonathon simmons isaac all available

No. None of them have ingrams upside. Don't you have better options in 10 teamers?

• Like 1

Just now, thrilla1nManila said:

No. None of them have ingrams upside. Don't you have better options in 10 teamers?

nah. thats what i thought too. well its just 3 games in so might as well ride it

16 minutes ago, Xmantt said:

nah. thats what i thought too. well its just 3 games in so might as well ride it

Its really frustrating because we keep on hearing about the upside, but the only upside I see so far with ingram is his length. He has the tools to be a 1.1.1 guy or even better but his game is simply inconsistent.

Gotta hold tho. 

Don't think I'd be able to stomach ingram blowing up on someone elses squad. He's very young and certainly with upside, but that doesn't mean this is that year. He will improve. Can't be that hard with such performances

Edited by bhkim814
  • Like 2

I honestly don't get what the deal is.. he's 20 years old. Had a career high last game and he's struggling tonight. It's bound to happen but the season just started and they just inserted KCP to the lineup. It's going to be a roller coaster but I believe it'll pay off towards the end of the season. He's a hold for sure.

6 minutes ago, lilremix328 said:

I honestly don't get what the deal is.. he's 20 years old. Had a career high last game and he's struggling tonight. It's bound to happen but the season just started and they just inserted KCP to the lineup. It's going to be a roller coaster but I believe it'll pay off towards the end of the season. He's a hold for sure.

Agreed

6 minutes ago, lilremix328 said:

The deal is that there may be promising or at least useful waiver wire adds available while ingram, who we can't easily drop, is bricking and killing weekly fg%. 

I don't have ingram in my squad, but it's obvious why people can be frustrated. 

"Likely pay off toward the end of the season?" 

If he bricks like this till end of the season, ppl will go insane lol that upside tag messes with people's heads. 

12 minutes ago, affliction said:

I just hope he doesnt get benched for Kuzma

Kuzmas having a nice game.

Lakers were savvy with that deal.. asking Nets for that 1st round pick to finalize the Russell trade. Worked out for both teams 

18 minutes ago, bhkim814 said:

The deal is that there may be promising or at least useful waiver wire adds available while ingram, who we can't easily drop, is bricking and killing weekly fg%. 

I don't have ingram in my squad, but it's obvious why people can be frustrated. 

"Likely pay off toward the end of the season?" 

If he bricks like this till end of the season, ppl will go insane lol that upside tag messes with people's heads. 

Honestly I think 12+ teams hes a hold. Anybody that still has him in a 10 man league should be able to find higher levels of productivity..

I don't know if these are Lakers fans, or just guys with Ingram on their squad, but Ingram is a stud in the making, but he's in his 2nd year.  Look at his stats from the end of last year.  He'll settle in before the all-star break and be right there again, and beyond the all-star break could take it to another level.  The last thing you want to do is drop a guy with massive potential on a team with no proven stars.  Ingram is their future, and he's NOT gonna get benched for Kuzma.  He lost minutes due to foul trouble, and if it weren't for that his stats would be a bit better.

Patience guys, he's 20 years old.  He's gotta figure it out.  There's 75 + games.

3 minutes ago, HulkSmash said:

I don't know if these are Lakers fans, or just guys with Ingram on their squad, but Ingram is a stud in the making, but he's in his 2nd year.  Look at his stats from the end of last year.  He'll settle in before the all-star break and be right there again, and beyond the all-star break could take it to another level.  The last thing you want to do is drop a guy with massive potential on a team with no proven stars.  Ingram is their future, and he's NOT gonna get benched for Kuzma.  He lost minutes due to foul trouble, and if it weren't for that his stats would be a bit better.

Patience guys, he's 20 years old.  He's gotta figure it out.  There's 75 + games.

What stats are you talking about? He was ranked 187 last month (13 games) of last season, the 14ppg may fool you but other peripherals are not that good. Rank 255 last 2 months (23 games) of last season

*Stats are from BBM

The frustration and hope I think stems from the prophecy of Magic Johnson. Plus the "untouchable" player for the lakers. He may be a good basketball player down the road but this season will be more like his rookie season I think.

In 10 team leagues, I don't think you have to hold him, but I'm in a 12 team. You're right, he didn't rank high, but I'm saying he started to figure it out after the all-star break last year, and we can expect that to kick in any game now.  The Lakers as a unit need to figure out how to play with each other.  I can't say for sure that he'll be a big asset this year, but in a 12 team, his potential is too great to drop.  He has the belief from the organization, the minutes, and the freak attributes to put up crazy lines.  I don't want him on someone else's team when he starts to figure it out, and if he does before the All-Star break, his lines could get silly towards the end of the year.  Just watching him get to the basket for a finger roll, he looks like stretch armstrong. You can't block that.

I see him averaging 14/5/5 with 1/1/1 after the All-Star break with the potential for more.

• Like 1

Do people really have nothing better to do with their lives than to come on here and trash a guy after every game that doesn't live up to their expectations? We're exactly 3 games into this and he's coming off a career high in points. I'm just amazed at some of these posts.

• Like 2

Just now, RedRaider27 said:

Do people really have nothing better to do with their lives than to come on here and trash a guy after every game that doesn't live up to their expectations? We're exactly 3 games into this and he's coming off a career high in points. I'm just amazed at some of these posts.

This is how you distinguish the new guys from the vets.  Simple as that.  I try to put me 2 cents in, but when I was new to Fantasy, I'd drop huge upside guys for the flavor of the week all the time and watch them rack up stats on other teams.  I'm all set with that.

Ingram will have value, the Lakers just need to whittle down to a 9-man rotation and tidy up a little. The real Laker concern is Randle, but thats another thread.

1 minute ago, HulkSmash said:

This is how you distinguish the new guys from the vets.  Simple as that.  I try to put me 2 cents in, but when I was new to Fantasy, I'd drop huge upside guys for the flavor of the week all the time and watch them rack up stats on other teams.  I'm all set with that.

Actually the vets knew he was trash and stayed away.. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, adifferentlogik said:

You must be the self proclaimed "vet of all vets" huh?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, HulkSmash said:

In 10 team leagues, I don't think you have to hold him, but I'm in a 12 team. You're right, he didn't rank high, but I'm saying he started to figure it out after the all-star break last year, and we can expect that to kick in any game now.  The Lakers as a unit need to figure out how to play with each other.  I can't say for sure that he'll be a big asset this year, but in a 12 team, his potential is too great to drop.  He has the belief from the organization, the minutes, and the freak attributes to put up crazy lines.  I don't want him on someone else's team when he starts to figure it out, and if he does before the All-Star break, his lines could get silly towards the end of the year.  Just watching him get to the basket for a finger roll, he looks like stretch armstrong. You can't block that.

I see him averaging 14/5/5 with 1/1/1 after the All-Star break with the potential for more.

Ingram is hyped because a lot of people hope he continues to perform what he left off ASB last season and with a summer of hearing all kinds of news Ingram is working hard to improve his game, people might be reaching to get Ingram and hope they got themselves another "KD". If you spend a good amount of budget or spend a 7th-8th round pick on him, you can't expect them to watch him slowly figuring it out. In most of my leagues Ingram was pick between 10th-11th round and he is more like a stash on bench type of player ( 12 teams league). Lakers next game is against wizards, if Ingram does well be prepare for lakers fans to jump out to defend Ingram and vice versa.

1 hour ago, lilremix328 said:

To be clear, the career high came against a dumpster fire team that just fired its coach.  He's been horrid all preseason and for 2/3 of the three games this season.  that isn't obviously determinative but there is reason to be concerned.  

45 minutes ago, adifferentlogik said:

Agreed with this 100%. Not on my team in any leagues.

• Like 2

He's still staggeringly thin.  I think he's a guy who will vastly improve when he's 23, 24 and has put on 20-30 lbs.  I saw him next to Davis in the game tonight and Davis, who's fairly thin himself, looks like Karl Malone next to Ingram.

• Like 1